Tobin's voice-actor?

Anyone know who it is? I looked in the game credits and they don't list him seperately (not a big enough role I guess).

But his voice sounds familiar to me.

And on a side note re: voice actors in the game - Greg Ellis in the 3rd season of '24' - funny to see 'Disciple' be a bad guy. I had to re-skim through those episodes on my discs just to check it out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I guess no one has a clue...guess I'll have to wonder forever.... :D

Mostly, when he says the line "Will you just die already!" - that sounds soooo familiar voice wise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On the subject of unknown voice actors, did anyone ever figure out who played the voice of Davik? His voice sounds so familiar, but he wasn't listed in the credits either.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

On the subject of unknown voice actors, did anyone ever figure out who played the voice of Davik? His voice sounds so familiar, but he wasn't listed in the credits either.

Davik and Juhani had slavic accents. Maybe Davik was reminding you of one of the Russian Mafia Characters you've seen on TV?

Run the "Additional Voices" list through IMDB and see if any of them play roles you're familiar with.

On the topic of random voice actor "sightings", I heard Disciple doing the Disciple voice on Cartoon Network. Can't remember the show. It was on in the background.

My kids have a video of Cinderella II (it's as bad as it sounds) and the title role is played by Bastila with an American accent.

My kids have a video of Cinderella II (it's as bad as it sounds) and the title role is played by Bastila with an American accent.

Say it ain't so! The whole appeal of Jennifer Hale is her British accent. :p:)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah but you're British anyways, so you're surrounded by the accent everywhere you go.

I get to listen to female Volourn's ramble on each day.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah but you're British anyways, so you're surrounded by the accent everywhere you go.

I hate it. It reminds me of all the girls my parents set me up with with.. Luckily it's not common here in Wales.

Tara Strong is Canadian if I recall.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I hate it. It reminds me of all the girls my parents set me up with with.. Luckily it's not common here in Wales.

Tara Strong is Canadian if I recall.

Hmmm...you hate Jennifer Hale's accent, or all english accents? If it's the latter, believe me, we feel the same about yours on our side of the border :D . Just kidding, mate.

Hmmm...you hate Jennifer Hale's accent, or all english accents?  If it's the latter, believe me, we feel the same about yours on our side of the border  :D .  Just kidding, mate.

No just those very strong english lady type accents too many memories and they hardly ever put out... Oh I dont speak like the locals, though it's taken me years of slumming to lose the accent. :D

Dont worry I dont enjoy being bathed in spit either :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

This thread better be closed and SP banned for the way he is speaking about my precious Jennifer Hale and her heavenly accent! [/creepy Jennifer Hale fanboy]

Her british accent is so fake and annoying - she does a much better airhead accent in Totally Spies.

Sounds a lot better than she looks

Her accent is actually very good, although it's not a typical engilish accent. It's more an english finishing school accent.

Which one is she Sam or Clover ?

478327[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that the voice of Davik is the same voice actor used for the guy in charge of the TSF...

evil_twin.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the voice of Davik is the same voice actor used for the guy in charge of the TSF...

I may be wrong, but I'd swear the guy who does Davik's voice does a zillion other voices in both games:

Kotor 1:

Davik

The captain of the sandcrawler team on Tatooine (the one with a heavy - I think Scottish - accent.

The two Czerka officers on Kashyyk - one who had just killed a Wookiee and the one in the Shadowlands you had to kick out for Jolee.

The crazed merc in Hrakert Station on Manaan locked in the locker (fishy fishy...)

More that I can't remember now.

Kotor 2:

Lt Grenn on Telos

Zherron on Dantoine.

I think there is more in Kotor 2. Interesting to listen to both Grenn and Zherron when they're together on Telos.

I'm trying to remember more but I have Master Uthar's voice in my head now. He also did a zillion other voices (one of the Master in Kotor 2 - the one that was on Onderon, can't remember his name right now), the guy on Nar Shadaa who said the Ebon Hawk was his... Amazing what these guys can do with their voice. And some people accuse the games of bad voice acting. Nonsense. The voice acting was great in both of them.

I may be wrong, but I'd swear the guy who does Davik's voice does a zillion other voices in both games:

Very possible.

Kotor 1:

Davik

The captain of the sandcrawler team on Tatooine (the one with a heavy - I think Scottish - accent.

You think correctly.

Amazing what these guys can do with their voice. And some people accuse the games of bad voice acting. Nonsense. The voice acting was great in both of them.

Aye, indeed. He may very well be everyone you mentioned.

Her accent is too clipped, but i suppose it suits bastila's character of being prim and proper.

I dunno which one she is i only ever watched it once but you can defeinitely pick her voice out.

I'm with Anakin's Ghost on this one. Jennifer Hale/Bastila is one fine damsel in darkside distress.