Question About Baldurs Gate

Scar has disappeared!

I'm currently in the process of finishing the Seven Suns quest and try to return to the Flaming Fist HQ to tell Scar of my findings, but he's not anywhere in the building. I've checked the main level, the upstairs level (with Duke Elten) and the basement level and he's nowhere to be found.

I really hope this isn't a bug since I'm quite a ways into my game. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've killed all the dopplegangers in Seven Suns and have spoken to Jhasso. He told me to get my reward from Scar back at the Flaming Fist HQ. Also, a Flaming Fist Mercenary outside greeted me and told me that Scar wants to talk to me.

But he's nowhere to be found. I even tried to start a fight with the people in the HQ in hopes he'd atleast show where he was, but he never appeared.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was hoping he was maybe back at the original spot he approached me just as I entered Baldurs Gate, but he wasn't there either.

And I walked around the entire area surrounding the Flaming Fist HQ and again, no sign of him.

Well there goes a good month of my life. :p

Grrr! Didn't work.

I found a site with the cheatcodes to create an NPC, but when I input the code, Scar appears, but he says the stuff that he said upon our original meeting (ie. asking for our help in investigating Seven Suns). Then he just disappears again and I can't talk to him.

I'm not amused.

There are multiple "versions" of the same NPC you can summon. Most will speak gibberish or the wrong dialogue when they appear. So you can try summoning all "incarnations" of Scar... or..

get Shadowkeeper, check your global variables; hopefully you'll turn something on/off that makes the game reattach Scar somewhere in the game world.

:thumbsup:

Strange. I've played BG about 20 times and never had such peculiar problem.

As Tigranes said, only Shadowkeeper may save you now.

BTW are you playing BG first time in your life? It was first CRPG I've played!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

OH OH!

Do you have Tales of the Sword Coast installed?

and if so are you patched?

I had VERY unusual problems when I played BG+TotSC without a patch at about that point in the game.

Yeah I have joined UK edition that merged both BG and TOSC.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Yes, if you download GateKeeper and go to the Bioware forums some kind soul will happily walk through altering the global variables for you. This will basically tell the game that you've completed that quest and will allow you to carry on.

Couldn't you use your last autosave, or did you delete that too?

I think it's very cool that people are still playing and enjoying BG1. Don't give up. When you've finished go find BGTutu and start all over again!

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

There are multiple "versions" of the same NPC you can summon. Most will speak gibberish or the wrong dialogue when they appear. So you can try summoning all "incarnations" of Scar... or..

get Shadowkeeper, check your global variables; hopefully you'll turn something on/off that makes the game reattach Scar somewhere in the game world.

:(

Any pointers on how to summon all incarnations?

BTW are you playing BG first time in your life? It was first CRPG I've played!

Yes. I've had the game for a while, but couldn't get into it until recently.

OH OH!

I had VERY unusual problems when I played BG+TotSC without a patch at about that point in the game.

I haven't patched it. I suppose I should have, but I was lazy and everything was going good anyways up until this point.

Yes, if you download GateKeeper and go to the Bioware forums some kind soul will happily walk through altering the global variables for you. This will basically tell the game that you've completed that quest and will allow you to carry on.

Couldn't you use your last autosave, or did you delete that too?

I think it's very cool that people are still playing and enjoying BG1. Don't give up. When you've finished go find BGTutu and start all over again!

Cheers

MC

The problem with the autosave is I've played quite a ways farther into the game than that originally meeting. I didn't get around to Scar's quest until much later on and thus there's been quite a few autosaves since he originally disappeared (I didn't even realize he disappeared until I returned to the FF HQ much later).

But I'll give the suggestions a shot to see if that helps me. Thanks guys and gal.

OH OH!

I haven't patched it. I suppose I should have, but I was lazy and everything was going good anyways up until this point.

That could be the problem then, when they added TotSC they didn't increase the world/flag/variable/things... so if you did too much there weren't enough flags for the latter stuff and things went wacko.

For instance, I had flaming fist spawn on the map every 3 seconds... I ended up having to just shut the computer off things got so slow :thumbsup:

The patch fixes that though.

Scar has disappeared!

I'm currently in the process of finishing the Seven Suns quest and try to return to the Flaming Fist HQ to tell Scar of my findings, but he's not anywhere in the building.  I've checked the main level, the upstairs level (with Duke Elten) and the basement level and he's nowhere to be found.

I really hope this isn't a bug since I'm quite a ways into my game.  :blink:

He (Scar) sometimes walks around in front of the FF HQ....

I he's not outside of the FF HQ or inside it, then it's possible that you've encountered the bug which caused him to be eaten by the Doppelgangers (in which case you're Screwed) .

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

He (Scar) sometimes walks around in front of the FF HQ....

I he's not outside of the FF HQ or inside it, then it's possible that you've encountered the bug which caused him to be eaten by the Doppelgangers (in which case you're Screwed) .

I'd say that seems to be the case, since I've spent the past two days walking around the various areas and he hasn't appeared anywhere. Even when I "spawn" him, he disappears after his request for help dialogue. <_<

I'd say that seems to be the case, since I've spent the past two days walking around the various areas and he hasn't appeared anywhere.  Even when I "spawn" him, he disappears after his request for help dialogue.  <_<

You know, after creating scar via console you can modify the trigger by changing these globals->

SetGlobal("TalkedToScar","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("ScarMission","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("CheckedSevenSuns","GLOBAL",1)

Now try to talk to him...

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

You know, after creating scar via console you can modify the trigger by changing these globals->

SetGlobal("TalkedToScar","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("ScarMission","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("CheckedSevenSuns","GLOBAL",1)

Now try to talk to him...

I'll give that a shot next time I load up the game. I sorta gave up out of frustration for the day.

Wow, never heard of this happening. I had the ever spawning flaming fist guys bug. There were hundreds of the guys on the screen and my computer couldn't handle it. I had fun launching Cloudkills and Fireballs into the mass though, before my computer stopped completely.

I never heard of a dissapearing Scar bug. Sorry I can't be of help. Maybe he's hiding behind a door or something. Neb might have eaten him.... :">