Some questions after finishing KOTOR2...

Hi,

I just finished KOTOR 2 and I have to say after being absorbed in it for hte last 1-2 weeks, I feel a litle empty :| Not only because its all over, but because I dont feel it was ended very well. I mean, from the light side perspective (all ive played), it pushes you into forming relationships and bonds with other characters, and they seem to have done that really well, but then at the end they give me this horrible ending whereby I don't really get to actively end the game and give the relationships a bit of closure. I thought Visas was an intruiging and awesome character and I guess I sort of shifted my focus to her a fair bit (we looked upon eachother.... lol, don juan eat your heart out!).

I dont play many games anymore since work consumes so much of my time, but I was truly absorbed in this game, it was crazy, and I really did think my girlfriend was going to leave me cause I wouldnt return her calls lol :)

Anyway, Ive since discovered this forum and read lots of intruiging info from you guys and gals who share an interest in this game, so I thought this would be the best place to field to you guys the questions I have about this game:

1. Can someone please explain again to me.. what was Kreia's purpose through all of this? Obviously at the end she made it clear she hated the force - however she seemed satisfied enough with herself that she had trained me to be a strong jedi despite the will of the force (which i assume means the fact that I turned away from power at malachor and was deafened, but learnt to feel the force again). So what was all that atris said about Kreia wanting to create another echo in the force, one larger than the one created by the Mandalorian war? I think I am perhaps missing the bigger picture?

2. Relating to 1. - Did Kreia used to be a Jedi? and then fell to the dark side and then became neutral? I mean I guess being a 'jedi' as such is pretty finite, but during the early stages of the game I was under the impression she was a force user, and technically a sith because of her attitudes, but not necesarilly part of the 'dark side'? I'm really not sure about this, but regardless I like the way game used the characters (especially Visas and Kreia) to blur the traditional black/white view of the jedi and the sith.

3. Why is what happened on Malachor V all the characters fault? Everyone seems to be blaming me as if I was the only one there :p I mean it sounded like a big war, my guy couldnt have been the only general. Or is it just that my guy was the only force user to reject the power available after the destruction and death of the mandalorian wars and then return to face the council?

4. What is the overall premise of the whole 'echo in the force' thing? Is it basically just that the death and destruction during the war caused an 'echo', and it affects force users greatly, and you basically have the choice to thrive on it and fall to the dark side or if your strong enough, turn away and then be deafened from the force? And if you do the latter... you get the ability to form strong force bonds? I mean this stuff was explained and I read it... but I just fail to understand it... I assume its just me.

5. I haven't played the first game (I will as soon as i've put in an appearance at this thing called real life for a bit, lol), so if this is related to that, then just say so but: I remember Sion say something about Revan also turning away from the power that the echo represented (he was saying I was weak, like him) or something similar.... did I read that wrong? I thought Revan did fall to the dark side?

Is it the general opinion of hte people here that the ending that was in the game has perhaps paved the way for a KOTOR3 that involves some of the characters from KOTOR2? I mean the ending described (that I dont totally understand... big suprise!) that was peiced together from the missing bits sorta makes it very hard to include characters in a 3rd installment, but the whole "hey im happy let me give you a present and show you the future of your friends but ill be vauge enough that we can still use them" thing sorta makes me think its possible. Personally i'd love to see a questions style again at the beginning of KOTOR3 that finds out about your KOTOR2 experience and uses it, so that they can do KOTOR3 properly and give me some closure with Visas, Atton and co. - however im not very optimistic about that.

Sorry about the huge post, but its a big game, and the sudden end of the game and then the discovery of so much new info (eg: i only found out about the missing bits and stuff today) has left me with so many questions that im not 100% sure of.

Any answers woudl be appreciated - from what ive read im sure most of the poeple here have all the info I need in their heads :)

Cheers,

- Dan

PS: my fingers hurt from typing :p

Hi,

I just finished KOTOR 2 and I have to say after being absorbed in it for hte last 1-2 weeks, I feel a litle empty :|  Not only because its all over, but because I dont feel it was ended very well.  I mean, from the light side perspective (all ive played), it pushes you into forming relationships and bonds with other characters, and they seem to have done that really well, but then at the end they give me this horrible ending whereby I don't really get to actively end the game and give the relationships a bit of closure.  I thought Visas was an awesome character and I guess I sort of shifted my focus to her a fair bit (we looked upon eachother.... lol, don juan eat your heart out!).

I dont play many games anymore since work consumes so much of my time, but I was truly absorbed in this game, it was crazy, and I really did think my girlfriend was going to leave me cause I wouldnt return her calls lol :)

Anyway, Ive since discovered this forum and read lots of intruiging info from you guys and gals who share an interest in this game, so I thought this would be the best place to field to you guys the questions I have about this game:

1. Can someone please explain again to me.. what was Kreia's purpose through all of this?  Obviously at the end she made it clear she hated the force - however she seemed satisfied enough with herself that she had trained me to be a strong jedi despite the will of the force (which i assume means the fact that I turned away from power at malachor and was deafened, but learnt to feel the force again).  So what was all that atris said about Kreia wanting to create another echo in the force, one larger than the one created by the Mandalorian war?  I think I am perhaps missing the bigger picture?

2. Relating to 1. - Did Kreia used to be a Jedi? and then fell to the dark side and then became neutral? I mean I guess being a 'jedi' as such is pretty finite, but during the early stages of the game I was under the impression she was a force user, and technically a sith because of her attitudes, but not necesarilly part of the 'dark side'?  I'm really not sure about this, but regardless I like the way game used the characters (especially Visas and Kreia) to blur the traditional black/white view of the jedi and the sith.

3. Why is what happened on Malachor V all the characters fault?  Everyone seems to be blaming me as if I was the only one there :p I mean it sounded like a big war, my guy couldnt have been the only general.  Or is it just that my guy was the only force user to reject the power available after the destruction and death of the mandalorian wars and then return to face the council?

4. What is the overall premise of the whole 'echo in the force' thing?  Is it basically just that the death and destruction during the war caused an 'echo', and it affects force users greatly, and you basically have the choice to thrive on it and fall to the dark side or if your strong enough, turn away and then be deafened from the force?  And if you do the latter... you get the ability to form strong force bonds?  I mean this stuff was explained and I read it... but I just fail to understand it...  I assume its just me.

5. I haven't played the first game (I will as soon as i've put in an appearance at this thing called real life for a bit, lol), so if this is related to that, then just say so but:  I remember Sion say something about Revan also turning away from the power that the echo represented (he was saying I was weak, like him) or something similar.... did I read that wrong? I thought Revan did fall to the dark side?

Is it the general opinion of hte people here that the ending that was in the game has perhaps paved the way for a KOTOR3 that involves some of the characters from KOTOR2?  I mean the ending described (that I dont totally understand... big suprise!) that was peiced together from the missing bits sorta makes it very hard to include characters in a 3rd installment, but the whole "hey im happy let me give you a present and show you the future of your friends but ill be vauge enough that we can still use them" thing sorta makes me think its possible.  Personally i'd love to see a questions style again at the beginning of KOTOR3 that finds out about your KOTOR2 experience and uses it, so that they can do KOTOR3 properly and give me some closure with Visas, Atton and co.  - however im not very optimistic about that.

Sorry about the huge post, but its a big game, and the sudden end of the game and then the discovery of so much new info (eg: i only found out about the missing bits and stuff today) has left me with so many questions that im not 100% sure of.

Any answers woudl be appreciated - from what ive read im sure most of the poeple here have all the info I need in their heads :)

Cheers,

- Dan

1. Kreia wanted to be free from slavery of the force. She liked the exile because they existed outside of the force, presumably free of "destiny".

2. Yes Kreia was once a Jedi then a Sith, then something beyond both of them. Which is part of what she tries to teach you.

3. Because you gave the order to crush the planet.

4. Think of it like dropping a small pebble in a lake, enough pebbles in the right place will eventually cause the whole surface to ripple.

Well it's all speculation. But it's quite feasable that LA didnt want the armageddon ending where everyone dies to be a possibility. Having variables will always cause a lot of problems in sequels, unless you just ignore them like BG/2 did.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Hi,

I just finished KOTOR 2 and I have to say after being absorbed in it for hte last 1-2 weeks, I feel a litle empty :|  Not only because its all over, but because I dont feel it was ended very well.  I mean, from the light side perspective (all ive played), it pushes you into forming relationships and bonds with other characters, and they seem to have done that really well, but then at the end they give me this horrible ending whereby I don't really get to actively end the game and give the relationships a bit of closure.  I thought Visas was an intruiging and awesome character and I guess I sort of shifted my focus to her a fair bit (we looked upon eachother.... lol, don juan eat your heart out!).

1. Can someone please explain again to me.. what was Kreia's purpose through all of this?  Obviously at the end she made it clear she hated the force - however she seemed satisfied enough with herself that she had trained me to be a strong jedi despite the will of the force (which i assume means the fact that I turned away from power at malachor and was deafened, but learnt to feel the force again).  So what was all that atris said about Kreia wanting to create another echo in the force, one larger than the one created by the Mandalorian war?  I think I am perhaps missing the bigger picture?

2. Relating to 1. - Did Kreia used to be a Jedi? and then fell to the dark side and then became neutral? I mean I guess being a 'jedi' as such is pretty finite, but during the early stages of the game I was under the impression she was a force user, and technically a sith because of her attitudes, but not necesarilly part of the 'dark side'?  I'm really not sure about this, but regardless I like the way game used the characters (especially Visas and Kreia) to blur the traditional black/white view of the jedi and the sith.

3. Why is what happened on Malachor V all the characters fault?  Everyone seems to be blaming me as if I was the only one there :p I mean it sounded like a big war, my guy couldnt have been the only general.  Or is it just that my guy was the only force user to reject the power available after the destruction and death of the mandalorian wars and then return to face the council?

4. What is the overall premise of the whole 'echo in the force' thing?  Is it basically just that the death and destruction during the war caused an 'echo', and it affects force users greatly, and you basically have the choice to thrive on it and fall to the dark side or if your strong enough, turn away and then be deafened from the force?  And if you do the latter... you get the ability to form strong force bonds?  I mean this stuff was explained and I read it... but I just fail to understand it...  I assume its just me.

5. I haven't played the first game (I will as soon as i've put in an appearance at this thing called real life for a bit, lol), so if this is related to that, then just say so but:  I remember Sion say something about Revan also turning away from the power that the echo represented (he was saying I was weak, like him) or something similar.... did I read that wrong? I thought Revan did fall to the dark side?

Is it the general opinion of hte people here that the ending that was in the game has perhaps paved the way for a KOTOR3 that involves some of the characters from KOTOR2?  I mean the ending described (that I dont totally understand... big suprise!) that was peiced together from the missing bits sorta makes it very hard to include characters in a 3rd installment, but the whole "hey im happy let me give you a present and show you the future of your friends but ill be vauge enough that we can still use them" thing sorta makes me think its possible.  Personally i'd love to see a questions style again at the beginning of KOTOR3 that finds out about your KOTOR2 experience and uses it, so that they can do KOTOR3 properly and give me some closure with Visas, Atton and co.  - however im not very optimistic about that.

Cheers,

- Dan

Kreia's involvement was to train you as a jedi again and then make you tear yourself from the force. By doing this a second time the wound you create would be larger than last time and could ultimatly destroy the force. This is what she wants as she believes that the force manipulates all life in the galaxy.

Kreia was once a jedi, she was part of the council. I read somewhere that Atris took over her job of Cronicler when she left the jedi??

Malachor is the PC's fault because he was the person who ordered the Mass Shadow Generator to be used and this killed many Repulic troops as well as the Mandalorians.

The echo of the force as i understood it was the when the PC tore himself from the force he created a void or an echo. The reverse side of this was the Darth Nilihus was produced from the echo.

It isn't explained in the first game but Reven was a pupil of Kreia like Sion and Exile. When you say Reven was light side and you go light side he calls you both weak for turning from the great power you could have from the dark.

Hope that helps!!!

Yes both of you so far have helped to clear a lot up. I already knew the core bits of most of what went on, its just it helps enourmously to read someone else explaining it, filling in the details :p

What about the whole deal with the exile forming force bonds, and the relation between that and the fact that the exile is this 'wound' in the force? I remember the jedi masters mentioning it and attempting to disconnect me from the force because of it, but I never quite understood how or why that worked?

Speaking of that too, when I replayed that bit today, I hit an interesting big which I didn't even know existed: On Dantooine When I asked the council why they went into hiding (i accidentally clicked that one, i usually didnt bother because id asked all 4 of the jedi masters previously), and Vrook got a bit upset and i went through a question or two and then the game sort of went skitz on me... all the Masters died and fell down, but then quickly got back up again... and then Kreia came in and started talking to me as if I had killed all of the council... even though they were standing right there! Then she went on to ask me if I got any satisfaction out of killing them... but I hadnt killed them, so I said that I wasnt satisfied because there was still sith left to kill. She went nuts, got angry and said I woudl be responsible for the destruction of the universe, then burned me with her lightening and abandoned me... but not before saying she was through with me ..... has anyone else gone down that road? I assume its a dark side path, but I think I sort of ruined it because I killed the jedi council but then sorta answered the questions from a light side perspective :p

- Dan

What about the whole deal with the exile forming force bonds, and the relation between that and the fact that the exile is this 'wound' in the force?  I remember the jedi masters mentioning it and attempting to disconnect me from the force because of it, but I never quite understood how or why that worked?

Well according to the council the exile didnt feel the force at all, only by leeching through the people he traveled with. Which is why they wanted to cut him off on Dantooine.

Whether or not that is true I dont know. Personally I think once the Exile reintergrated with people he learned to feel again. If you consider a big part of the force is "feeling" then shutting off your feelings not forming relationships etc would have the same effect.

Your also told that the council never had the power to exile you. Exile was a path of your own choosing. Presumably to come to terms with events at Malachor V.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The force bonds is just smething that the exile can do i think because of the way he is connected to the force he can form connections with other force sensitives to borrow their power. If this is what the game is saying then won't the exile be incredibly weak if he goes to fight the True Sith with reven because he can only make 1 bond and that would be with Reven. hmmmm........

Ahhh, so the council saw the exile as being similar to Darth Nihilus, in that he draws his power from others? (in the case of the exhile, his companions as well as through the people he kills?), and they saw this as the death of the force because he didn't have the normal passive connection to the force, and instead he was channelling it from his companions and such, almost 'stealing' from others.

I agree with you on your thoughts too - espcially when your companions urge you to beleive in your characters reconnection as well... it seems quite obvious to me that the council merely has a very restricted view and that they didnt understand the situation. I got the feeling the game sort of pushed that view a bit. I mean, it wouldn't make much sense with the rest of the game if your character really did resume a full normal connection to the force, it was more that he had a new and different way of feeling the force that was less attached to its will, and the council didn't understand that properly, and only saw the evil in it.

On a similar note though, can you tell me if I am understanding the events of Malachor V? The way I understand it now is that obviously the exile caused a lot of death and destruction there, and the suffering caused this strong echo in the force... is it right that of the force sensitive, some embraced the suffering and therefore embraced the dark side (eg: darth nihilus and many others... but nihilus obviously was more powerful than most because of it), and if you would not do that you would either be overwhelmed and die, or if you were strong enough (like the exile was) you could turn your back to it all, but the pain would deafen you from the force. Is this fairly correct?

One thing, and I think this might just about be my last question (:ninja:): Kreia said at one stage (almost as if it were a revelation to her), that she finally understood why the exile did what he/she did on Malachor V (im assuming she means withstanding the dark side and power and turning away), and she said it was because the exile was afraid... and that was it - i was assuming that was the precursor to something but it didnt seem to turn out that way... does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks again,

- Dan

On a similar note though, can you tell me if I am understanding the events of Malachor V?  The way I understand it now is that obviously the exile caused a lot of death and destruction there, and the suffering caused this strong echo in the force...  is it right that of the force sensitive, some embraced the suffering and therefore embraced the dark side (eg: darth nihilus and many others... but nihilus obviously was more powerful than most because of it), and if you would not do that you would either be overwhelmed and die, or if you were strong enough (like the exile was) you could turn your back to it all, but the pain would deafen you from the force.  Is this fairly correct?

One thing, and I think this might just about be my last question (;)):  Kreia said at one stage (almost as if it were a revelation to her), that she finally understood why the exile did what he/she did on Malachor V (im assuming she means withstanding the dark side and power and turning away), and she said it was because the exile was afraid... and that was it - i was assuming that was the precursor to something but it didnt seem to turn out that way... does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks again,

- Dan

I don't think the Jedi on the surface embraced the dark side so much as they 'bonded' with each other, as soldiers do in times of extreme stress.

This scenario was brilliantly engineered by Revan, to shift the balance of power away from the Council.

Orders and teachings meant less, because the Council was far, far away and didn't know what they were going through. Revan did, and so they followed him instead. Those who refused, died.

Except for Exile ... but it cost him.

In reference to your last question, there are two possible responses that Kreia gives, and I'm not sure which is the 'proper' one. 1) you were afraid, 2) you had no choice. But neither one seems to ultimately make a difference.

What about the whole deal with the exile forming force bonds,

I always kinda assumed that was mostly a plot device, what with the player being a "leader" who others followed, to explain the game mechanic of why very different characters in your party would automatically start blasting away at whatever you were fighting.

:thumbsup:

And also a plot device to give Kreia's bond that funky "Mentor" +experience effect, and to allow her voice in your head to explain certain areas, no matter with whom you grouped.

evil_twin.jpg

Ahhh, so the council saw the exile as being similar to Darth Nihilus, in that he draws his power from others? (in the case of the exhile, his companions as well as through the people he kills?), and they saw this as the death of the force because he didn't have the normal passive connection to the force, and instead he was channelling it from his companions and such, almost 'stealing' from others.

I agree with you on your thoughts too - espcially when your companions urge you to beleive in your characters reconnection as well... it seems quite obvious to me that the council merely has a very restricted view and that they didnt understand the situation.  I got the feeling the game sort of pushed that view a bit.  I mean, it wouldn't make much sense with the rest of the game if your character really did resume a full normal connection to the force, it was more that he had a new and different way of feeling the force that was less attached to its will, and the council didn't understand that properly, and only saw the evil in it.

On a similar note though, can you tell me if I am understanding the events of Malachor V?  The way I understand it now is that obviously the exile caused a lot of death and destruction there, and the suffering caused this strong echo in the force...  is it right that of the force sensitive, some embraced the suffering and therefore embraced the dark side (eg: darth nihilus and many others... but nihilus obviously was more powerful than most because of it), and if you would not do that you would either be overwhelmed and die, or if you were strong enough (like the exile was) you could turn your back to it all, but the pain would deafen you from the force.  Is this fairly correct?

One thing, and I think this might just about be my last question (:p):  Kreia said at one stage (almost as if it were a revelation to her), that she finally understood why the exile did what he/she did on Malachor V (im assuming she means withstanding the dark side and power and turning away), and she said it was because the exile was afraid... and that was it - i was assuming that was the precursor to something but it didnt seem to turn out that way... does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks again,

- Dan

That was the councils conclusion yes. But they never really understood what was going on from the start anyway.

Well this is just conjecture but. If the Exile formed bonds easily (prior to M5) then he would feel those events up close much more severely than anyone. In effect it would be like dying a million deaths and the only way to stop the pain was to rip himself out of the force by severing his feelings. He probably did this without understanding why, like a survival mechanism.

Nihulus embraced the power, but in doing so lost his humanity and become a sort of force vampire needing to feed on the force just to survive like a vampire needs blood (nothing more than a parasite) who would eventually destroy all life and then himself through hunger. I expect Visis plays the role of "herald" like the Silver Surfer does for Galactus.

Yes the Exile was afraid to face the pain of all those deaths. That is why Kreia is disapointed and goes off and does her thing on Malachor.

478327[/snapback]

That was very helpful and made perfect sense to me - cheers!

I still don't fully grasp Kreia's actions on M5 though... when you say 'does her thing on Malachor'. The way I played it (LS all the way), is she meant to be unhappy that I went light side and failed to fall to the dark side? Or is she just satisfied that she trained a jedi that became powerful despite the will of the force? Did she want to be slain because... it was the final step in my 'training' ? or because she had acheived all what she wanted? Someone mentioned her plan was to create an even larger wound in the force by getting the exile to tear away from the force again... how did she plan on going about that? in the game it seemed her primary wish on malachor was to get you to fight her :lol: and when she posed your options to you, its not like she was pushing you to go into exile again - she really didn't seem phased?

Its just all filled with ambiguity to me.

Another thing I would like some opinions on if you will...

In other posts I had said I liked the character of Visas... and through the game I always beleived in the good of her character, regardless of her sith branding. In the ending the way I played out the game, I was told basically that Visas could not come with me from that point onward, regardless of the decisions I could have made, but at the same time (as a result of the ending they chose), you never got to finish up with your comrades properly.

I read through a lot of the gold material hidden in the game files with the KOTOR Tool, and it seems there was a scene that was written whereby Visas dies in the fight with Darth Nihilius. I didn't listen to the sound, but it was truly a touching scene (or could have been... it could also have been very evil :)). I had a little play ingame, but I couldnt get this scene to play out... does anyone know if this scene is actually a part of the game?

If it is, in some ways I would rather replay and go with that opion, so that I get some closure with my fav. character.... however maybe thats just my pessamistic side talking, because even if it wasn't possible to get her killed (and thats what it looks like... and the same with all the other characters), then i'm not sure how much I trust that she and the others will re-appear in the 3rd. It just seems like its a very long shot that IF its feasible in the first place that there would need to be some serious information gathering done at the start of KOTOR3 to make it authentic.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the alternatives are for Visas come the end of the game? Does she live on regardless, and its more just a question of light/dark side orientation? If so that would be slightly more promising. But on the other hand.. if no-one you love can come with you, then why milk it like they have? Just let us finish it up properly, and then even if kotor3 included your exile, they wouldnt have to worry as much about working in the characters?

Ahhh the possibilities... for the time being I almost just want to forget about the game entirely until KOTOR3 comes out... cause htere is obviously nothing we can do but hypothesise about what might be... but there is just too much left uncomprehended and unresolved in my head! and my cousin is having the same problem, she keeps ringing me in the middle of the night to talk about it lol

There is no doubt, if nothing else this game gets into your head :lol:

Everyone (generalising) who finishes the game the first usually asks these questions (I was going to but then I saw how many posts there were on it).

Maybe someone sticky one of these threads (or a new one).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Well, since I spent a little while searching and I cant find a definitve answer, I will post it here for the sake of future people. From what ive found there is two extra scenes in the Nihilus battle, and they are basically dark/light versions of Visus' death, and neither are viewable from within the game, even if you follow the directions outlined in the dialogue file. In one version she is obviously slain by Nihilus, and you speak with her as she dies, and the dark side version involves your character actually asking/telling her to sacrafice herself so that you may defeat him and live on. Both are very sad, touching scenes.

Most of that is probably not new info to the majority, and im aware of that, I was mainly posting for the sake of anyone in the future that might search this topic.

- Dan

That was very helpful and made perfect sense to me - cheers!

I still don't fully grasp Kreia's actions on M5 though... when you say 'does her thing on Malachor'.  The way I played it (LS all the way), is she meant to be unhappy that I went light side and failed to fall to the dark side? Or is she just satisfied that she trained a jedi that became powerful despite the will of the force?  Did she want to be slain because... it was the final step in my 'training' ? or because she had acheived all what she wanted?  Someone mentioned her plan was to create an even larger wound in the force by getting the exile to tear away from the force again... how did she plan on going about that? in the game it seemed her primary wish on malachor was to get you to fight her :blink:  and when she posed your options to you,  its not like she was pushing you to go into exile again - she really didn't seem phased?

Its just all filled with ambiguity to me.

It's just something about why you turned away. Initially I think she thinks you chose to turn your back on the force through choice. But then she finds out you only did it because it was the only way you could survive or you feared the power.

Ultimately outside of her pet project to destroy the force she wanted you to surpass her in every way. And you couldnt do that while she still lived. Which meant she had to give you a reason to kill her. Not like you would really need one as DS but it had to work for both sides.

478327[/snapback]

Thanks for that!

What i'm discovering that I love about this game now that I have finished it is that in general (and not just KOTOR2, but also the original), there is so much that is left for you to decide what you beleive, regarding the characters and your relationships with them...

Of course some of it relates to how you play the game, but its obvious that some people view different characters in totally different ways to others, and they actually beleive in them and read into their actions, especially with it comes to their force orientation. Its just great to see... and its food for the mind.

Thanks for that!

What i'm discovering that I love about this game now that I have finished it is that in general (and not just KOTOR2, but also the original), there is so much that is left for you to decide what you beleive, regarding the characters and your relationships with them...

Of course some of it relates to how you play the game, but its obvious that some people view different characters in totally different ways to others, and they actually beleive in them and read into their actions, especially with it comes to their force orientation.  Its just great to see... and its food for the mind.

Games that do that are getting very rare. And that's why I thank Bio-Ware and Obsidian, and hope for their continued success. Brave souls. Many small developers with promise are being forced out of existence, and larger ones are digging their own graves. What is not so evident is that Microsoft is slowly gaining ground. Notice that Dungeon Seige II has a much 'deeper' storyline proposed. There is money to be made, and it's not in continuing to produce 'mindless mass market what sold last year.' And I probably just condemned myself to a full system crash.