Ultimate Weapon of the Star Wars Kid

Do you find the weapon resemblence unnerving?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the weapon resemblence unnerving?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's/Who's the Star Wars Kid?

Rumor is some other kids from SW kid's class stole the video he was making for some school project or other, they're the ones who posted that stuff on the net.  When SW kid found out, his family sewed people all over the place and SW kid was so depressed at being massively ridiculed he turned suicidal for a while.

Man that kid should've kept closer tabs on that tape he made, just goes to show that if you wanna do something stupid you better be careful about it.  Still the money he made sewing people probably cheered him up :(

Could have been worse he could have been doing it naked :o

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Rumor is some other kids from SW kid's class stole the video he was making for some school project or other, they're the ones who posted that stuff on the net.  When SW kid found out, his family sewed people all over the place and SW kid was so depressed at being massively ridiculed he turned suicidal for a while....

The Star Wars Kid was just goofing off at school. Now he finds his private performance downloaded by over 15 million Internet users across the world.

....Ghyslain was goofing off at a school video studio and recorded himself fighting a mock battle with a golf ball retriever lightsaber. Over two minutes, the video shows the lone, overweight teenager twirling his mock lightsaber ever faster while making his own accompanying sound effects.

Yes, we've all had our dorky, private moments, but this poor kid is living the nightmare of having his private dorkiness projected across the world to giggling Web users. His friends found the tape, and uploaded it to KaZaA as a joke on April 19. Within two weeks, someone had added full Star Wars special effects and sound effects to the tape.

Incase you missed the above label, this was from the JediMaster.net site.

- I don't think it was any school work

- This is April 19, 2003 I think, maybe 2002, so his legacy was around when KotOR 2 weapons were being designed.

- A Golf Ball Retriever at school....possible, but strange.

- The "someone" who added special effects was apparently a guy from Raven software!

And the important finale, who would've figured his "mock lightsaber" was going to become a real Star Wars weapon :(" (haha, close enough).

Someone should make a mod which renames or ads it as a new weapon: (Handmaiden Staff or Force Pike right?)

SWK's 'Lightsaber'

Double-Handed Melee Sword

Dexterity -10

Awareness -10

Security -10 (not much involved in guarding his private moment)

Immunity: Mind Affecting (he's in a world of his own...)

Bonus Feat: Laugh the Enemy until they can no longer fight.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Could have been worse he could have been doing it naked  :o

Right you are, thank god that didn't cross his mind :)

He would have if he was copying the Handmaiden instead of Darth Maul.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 2 months later...
Is it the Force Pike or something? Never used that weapon myself...

Oh, and I doubt KotOR II is emulating this kid. After all, what he did was emulating official Star Wars moves from The Phantom Menace. KotOR probably just use moves from the movies as well.

i never used the force pike because i couldnt hit anything with it.

Wow, I wasn't the only one? I thought things like that were just my luck...

I used it until I had my lightsaber or until I had a few crystals for my saber. Never had any problem hitting anyone with it. Isn't it a dual weapon meaning you need the two weapon fighting feats to use it effectively?

Wow, I wasn't the only one? I thought things like that were just my luck...

I used it until I had my lightsaber or until I had a few crystals for my saber. Never had any problem hitting anyone with it. Isn't it a dual weapon meaning you need the two weapon fighting feats to use it effectively?

I did have two weapon fighting, heck, I had the improved one. Stupid pike...

sig2.gif

That's just too similar to be a coincidence.  Of course, the thing that would clinch it for certain is whether the moves performed with a force pike are different to those performed with a double saber.  Those performed with the double saber would be copying the movies directly, so if the Force Pike moves are different, it must be original or copying something else.  And if it's something else, my money's on the SWK.

On a related note, one of my goals in life is to spar with the Star Wars Kid.  As an amateur staff fighter, the Star Wars Kid is my hero.  If only I could be as awesome as he. :huh:

He would kick your ass. :D :p

i would love a chance to spar with him,ive practiced sparing hand to hand combat and other styles of fighting.