The Fall - Last Days of Gaia

Morgoth

How come I missed this thread? :thumbsup:

I will only add to what Morgoth wrote that the game world seems pretty static. For instance, after the beheading sequence, people stood there for like 5 minutes, in silence, staring at the now-headless corpse. I can't say for sure if they stayed there longer, because after talking to the most scruffy-looking president of all the post-apoc games I've seen, I left.

Another detail. In the battle with the wolves that Morgoth mentioned, I tried to fall back and lure them to the gates of the New Govt. so the tough guys with rifles there would earn their pay. Well, it seems they aren't paid enough, because they allowed the wolves to tear me up quite nicely. Also, it seems the wolves don't like the taste of gate guards, because they ignored them completely. That is the kind of things that make it hard for players to immerse in the game.

It's a damn shame this game turned out to be such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to this one. :p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How come I missed this thread? :p

I will only add to what Morgoth wrote that the game world seems pretty static. For instance, after the beheading sequence, people stood there for like 5 minutes, in silence, staring at the now-headless corpse. I can't say for sure if they stayed there longer, because after talking to the most scruffy-looking president of all the post-apoc games I've seen, I left.

Another detail. In the battle with the wolves that Morgoth mentioned, I tried to fall back and lure them to the gates of the New Govt. so the tough guys with rifles there would earn their pay. Well, it seems they aren't paid enough, because they allowed the wolves to tear me up quite nicely. Also, it seems the wolves don't like the taste of gate guards, because they ignored them completely. That is the kind of things that make it hard for players to immerse in the game.

It's a damn shame this game turned out to be such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to this one.  :lol:

Ouch. That sucks. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's a damn shame this game turned out to be such a disappointment. I was really looking forward to this one.  :p

but OMG WTF ur wrong thats nitpicking game is supah belaive me i know carsten himslef hes god this gaem roxxorz and pwnzorz!!!

Or something. I just felt the thread would be incomplete without some heartfelt defense of the game, so I emulated one the best I could. Hey, it's not a great defense, but it seems likely any defense wouldn't be very good either, so...