Darth Nihilus:the pushover

There are some KotOR builds that fail badly against Malak even though they're quite successful in the rest of the game. For instance, an LS scoundrel/consular isn't all that good. You can't get enough defense to matter against his AB, and the LS offensive powers don't help much, given his immunities.

I too was very disappointed. All the speech how we were like dust motes compared to him, only the stars and planets have enough power to attract his attention. Then I found out, any ONE party member could defeat him, much less three people. I literally just sat back and watch Mandalor and Visas going at it. Occassionally I like to throw a gernade or two just to spice things up.

Sure he was design for that in the story, but it was so poorly implemented. As one person said, anticlimatic is the perfect word to describe it.

The dark mysterious world-destroying sith lord is nothing but a man wearing a cool mask. er, okay...My exile could probably take on all 3 Sith Lords at once, at least that would be more challenging.

Malek was a more entertaining foe. I like it in the end you see him without his mask, that was unexpected, that was great.

I too was very disappointed.  All the speech how we were like dust motes compared to him, only the stars and planets have enough power to attract his attention.  Then I found out, any ONE party member could defeat him, much less three people.  I literally just sat back and watch Mandalor and Visas going at it.  Occassionally I like to throw a gernade or two just to spice things up.

Sure he was design for that in the story, but it was so poorly implemented.  As one person said, anticlimatic is the perfect word to describe it. 

The dark mysterious world-destroying sith lord is nothing but a man wearing a cool mask.  er, okay...My exile could probably take on all 3 Sith Lords at once, at least that would be more challenging.

Malek was a more entertaining foe.  I like it in the end you see him without his mask, that was unexpected, that was great.

His powers are on a grander scale. As it's clearly pointed out. He gradulaly degenerates as he hungers. He's coming to Telos expecting to find Jedi. He then tries to feed on you and gets nothing but negative energy which weakens him even further.

I dont see how hammering away at him for an hour would make a bit of difference except to give you blisters.

Malak was a cheese ball. Nothing entertaining about that cheating SOB. I'd still like to know though, how can someone lose their jaw and not be killed with the follow up stroke.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]