Unreal Engine 3 report, going to see alot of it so

kumquatq3

I was talking about the Unreal Engine as a whole not the various versions. As for Deus Ex, it is the best shooter I have ever played but it is still just a shooter. As for Bioware, we will have yet another formulaic game dealing with fours, female betrayers, and predictable plotlines. I don't even bother with Bioware, their games, or forums any more.

"I don't even bother with Bioware, their games, or forums any more."

Come on, Visc. Please don't go down this world. You know full well you gonna buy DA. The only reason why you you don't ';bother' with their baords is because they banned you not because you chose to avoid them. :rolleyes:

As for the engine thing; face it; you are being silly. Engines don't side what games are made using them. Developers do.

You are right about one thing - Gothic 2 does suck. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually it is quite simple for me to get a new account on the Bioware forums. Just change my IP address and I am in. Since I use a dynamic IP address each time I log on. It would be rather simple for me to make a new account and post on their forums.

J.E., it is geared for shooters because that is the only style of game that have been made with the engine. An engine is only as good as the games being made on it.

J.E., it is geared for shooters because that is the only style of game that have been made with the engine.  An engine is only as good as the games being made on it.

Maybe you should re-think your use of the word "geared", because it doesn't really match with the way that most of the English-speaking world uses it.

I was talking about the Unreal Engine as a whole not the various versions.  As for Deus Ex, it is the best shooter I have ever played but it is still just a shooter.  As for Bioware, we will have yet another formulaic game dealing with fours, female betrayers, and predictable plotlines.  I don't even bother with Bioware, their games, or forums any more.

Why troll so much? You just make the forums less valuable.

J.E., it is geared for shooters because that is the only style of game that have been made with the engine.

I'm not going to say you're trolling, but you're awfully opinionated about something you seem to know very little about. Aside from FPS games, there have been MMORPGs, 3rd Person Action, heck, even a pinball game on the various generations of the engine. The modding community of UT2k4 even has Total Conversions that alter it to a racing game, platformer, or even RTS. There have also been numerous succesful attempts at integrating RPG features.

J.E., it is geared for shooters because that is the only style of game that have been made with the engine.

I'm not going to say you're trolling, but you're awfully opinionated about something you seem to know very little about. Aside from FPS games, there have been MMORPGs, 3rd Person Action, heck, even a pinball game on the various generations of the engine. The modding community of UT2k4 even has Total Conversions that alter it to a racing game, platformer, or even RTS. There have also been numerous succesful attempts at integrating RPG features.

No interest in MMOPRGs or 3rd person action, and I stop playing pinball games and racers back when I was a teen. If there has been successful attempts in integrating RPG features then where is the CRPG game? I don't see it at the store shelves and that is what matters.

You have to understand the fact that Visc has a very small list of games which he "approves", most of which are pre-2002 and all of them are CRPG's, with the majority being infinity engine products. Other games don't exist or aren't worth the CD it's printed on.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

I doubt it.  The tech is geared for shooters and not games of substance.  Yes, this sounds like a visceris mode  moment but I have yet seen a good game done with the Unreal engine.

Deus Ex :p

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Amend that, a good CRPG abnd Deus Ex is not a CRPG. Its a shooter. Also there have been a few good recent CRPGs. Not all of them predate BG2, just the majority do. I also play more than CRPGs. I play Space Combat sims too... on occassion... um, at least once a month I plug in Wing Commander 4 and Prophecy.

Man, I need to get the entire series on the PC. I miss battling Prince Thrahkath.