How do you get Disciple to join your party?

I've played the game twice now with male characters (one guardian/weapon master, and my current consular/jedi master). Both times I've run into Disciple and tried to get a dialouge option for him to join up. I know he's working with my buddy Carth from KotOR1, but how do you get him to join. Can you be a jedi dude or chick, do you have to be a specific class, have "x" amount of charisma/persuasion or what. I am currently playing now with a couple of female characters, but haven't gotten to Dantooine yet. All of my PC's are Light Side. Thanks for the info.

By being female!

Male gets Handmaiden, female gets that wingey f*cker. The more important question should be - How do I not get disciple?

by being a male of course :lol:

Too bad you can't trick him into thinking you're a male. Some crossdressing perhaps. Some good tape to tape down the breasts

Too bad you can't ditch him regardless. I wish you could kill his prettyboy ass right then and there. I hate Disciple... you do not want him in your party.

...he screws up what "romances" female characters get thrown.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I'm on my third playthrough as a ls female for the first time. Disciple won't die even though I run him head first into battle. Turning him to jedi was easier than turning Mira. He reminds me of one those born again christian types. He's not totally useless if you skip all his dialogue and don't mind him messing up your influence spots with other characters, I guess. And if it doesn't bother you that even though he hits on your female lead he still comes off as gay.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So if you're female, you don't get handmaiden?  Bummer because she's a great fighter and a very impressive jedi.  What class is Disciple?

Disciple, believe it or not, is a class 9 (maybe 6?) Soldier. He's actually pretty good as a Guardian... Which is what Handmaiden is if you turn her... If you turn him and think this is why they let females have him (romance aside) as a way to balance out Handmainden for the guys.

For some reason Disciple became a Jedi Consular with my character. But then, no one became the Jedi class which *would*'ve been most appropriate...Bao-Dur became a Guardian and Atton I think was a Sentinel. Oh well!