After K3

Would you like to see a SW rpg set after the movies?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a SW rpg set after the movies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Get Stuffed

I think they should do a new storyline for a new Star Wars RPG set a long time after the events of the NJO. One that will take the Jedi/Sith religions into a totally new direction. Using new characters in no way related to current Star Wars characters. The only way that I could see a convincing story is to seperate it from what we know today of the Star Wars Universe and make it a little more futuristic than Star Wars currently is. Perhaps in a setting, such as a world that is beyond the outer rim, along the pathway that brought the Yuuzhan Vong into the known star wars universe. An idea on how to make the universe more futuristic, is to make technology an interbreeding of some of the different species. Like mechanical and biological technology coinciding and being used to drive life in the new universe at large.

Will post more ideas later..........

I would prefer having the game set in the era about 1000-2000 years after the Revan/Exile period.

It really hasn't been touched by the EU so the devs would be free to come up with some new stuff.

Also the deves might be able to put references about the events in KotOR 1,2&3 in the game in the form books, old manuscripts, jedi holocrons. Even learn some of Revan's teachings or the Exile's as well. Not to the point where in overshadows the game of course.

Also the devs could implement events in such a way that they have an impact on the events to come, such as the Brotherhood of the Sith and the appearance of Darth Bane which takes place around 1000 years before the movies.

The devs would have around 3 millenia to work with so they could put all their creative energy into making a cool game.

post-1139-1109698202.gif Seems to be quite a bit of support for a NJO or Post NJO SW rpg.

i forget what my earlier comments were in this thread, so i might contradict myself (hey, its the internet, people do it all the time), but id just like to say that id like the next "series" to be about a non-jedi, where you dont have jedi powers. perhaps, at most, one of your party members is a jedi, but a very low level one. but the pc protagonist should be non-jedi.

i know that might not be much fun for most, since crpgs tend to need a "magic" element to sell well, and making the pc someone without "magic" ability might not sell well, but its what id love to see.

imo, we got our "jedi fix" with the kotor series. lets get our non jedi fix with the new series.

post-1139-1109698202.gif Seems to be quite a bit of support for a NJO or Post NJO SW rpg.

i forget what my earlier comments were in this thread, so i might contradict myself (hey, its the internet, people do it all the time), but id just like to say that id like the next "series" to be about a non-jedi, where you dont have jedi powers. perhaps, at most, one of your party members is a jedi, but a very low level one. but the pc protagonist should be non-jedi.

i know that might not be much fun for most, since crpgs tend to need a "magic" element to sell well, and making the pc someone without "magic" ability might not sell well, but its what id love to see.

imo, we got our "jedi fix" with the kotor series. lets get our non jedi fix with the new series.

use a mod and make your pc a non-jedi class.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

use a mod and make your pc a non-jedi class.

i did that already with kotor 1. but you cant change the actual story. even modding my game i was still revan, and i still was a former sith lord. same thing with kotor2. even if i edit it to make my character a non-jedi, the story will still revolve around my character re-establishing his touch with the force. not to mention every single piece of dialogue talking about the force would make no sense.

I wouldn't mind playing a non jedi pc.

It would be interesting to see the jedi/sith conflict through the eyes of a bounty hunter/soldier/scout etc.

It would be nice not to be the 'chosen one'. How they would create an involving story around the peripheral characters in the main conflict is what I'm wondering.

Well how could you beat a Sith Lord if you aren't a Jedi/Sith??

simple. dont make the enemy dark jedi/sith. look at the original movies (ep. iv to vi). yes, vader and the emperor were sith/dark jedi, but they were the ONLY two characters the protagonists faced that were force sensitive. and all through a new hope, never once did the main trio (leia, luke, han) have to face them. sure obi-wan did, but he would be, in terms of a game, a npc party member.

it would just require some creative writing on the part of the writer to make sure that if there are any sith or dark jedi, that they are taken care of in a different way so that they dont necessarily have to be the "end boss" (ala obi-wan taking on vader so that luke, the star of the movie, didnt have to).