DON'T BUY THIS GAME UNTIL A PATCH IS MADE!!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X 149 with a Intel 852/855 GM/GME Chipset. It runs SWKOTORI without any problems with all the recent drivers and DirectX 9.0c. I installed SWKOTORII: The Sith Lords on my computer and I am able to get the game to start. The videos run as well. After I design my character the game loads and goes to a black screen (with the sound running) with an error message that follows shortly after. Now I know my laptop can handle games (so shut up if you think it can

Naah is a awesome game with bugs... what game not have bugs? (please don't say blizzard games ok )

I say BUY IT!!!!

IS AWESOME GAME.

The patch will come....

Don't take this the wrong way...

But you and others like you are the reason the PC Games industry can get away with putting out unfinished products (that were rushed to market by greedy publishers who give developers no realistic time tables in which to finish and test their games).

Yes. All games have bugs... But that "excuse" is wearing thin since release after release like KOTOR2 keep coming out where it is obvious that the game needed at least three or four more months of testing and just general polishing to deliver a professional product.

Bugs are small things that shouldn't prevent one from playing a game. What we have in KOTOR2 and other games these days are down right QA issues that should have been squashed before release (and probably would have if devs were given more resources and TIME to properly finish their games). Crashing to Desktop or going to a black screen after you create a character causing you to have to exit out isn't a bug. It is a major performance problem and is pure evidence the game needed more time.

As long as gamers let themselves be bullied by publishers and devs who rush out crappy products just because they need their "fix" -- like a drug -- Then don't be surprised when console games completely destroy the PC Games Market since consoles offer ease-of-use and their games WORK a good 90% of the time right out of the case I am an XBox owner as well as avid PC gamer; I know what I am talking about and not just pulling things out of my rear end to support my argument).

---

Nickjnp:

Telling someone to "shut up" is not the way to gain any friends or help on these forums. This isn't the Counter-Strike forums.

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X 149 with a Intel 852/855 GM/GME Chipset.  It runs SWKOTORI without any problems with all the recent drivers and DirectX 9.0c.  I installed SWKOTORII: The Sith Lords on my computer and I am able to get the game to start.  The videos run as well.  After I design my character the game loads and goes to a black screen (with the sound running) with an error message that follows shortly after.  Now I know my laptop can handle games (so shut up if you think it can

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

At the end of the day consumer action isn't soemthing the devs are interested in. It would take a mass boycott, which won't happen as for the majority of people the bugs aren't that bad. The danger with people not buying a game because they want to make a protest about it not being perfect out of the box is that less money will be put into pc games development as the publishers simply see falling demand. I have played very few games that have every worked flawlessly, but that doesn't stop me buying them. Windows never works perfectly and needs constant updating, but that hasn't prevented me from using it.

If there is demand for a patch then we should have one in good time. They were quick enough to correct the manual issue, so we know that they are at least attempting some level of post release support.

im a very patiently guy, but this game drive me nuts,

i never played a game that has so much problems that i even cant play further.

i already had a 1/3 loading bug where i cant leave dxun when i entered the ebony hawk, so i tried an older savegame where i just entered dxun, and went back to the ebony, this time it works and i got visas.(3-4 hours lost) i played the whole dxun onderon stuff again and now i have the same problem when i enter the dxun landingside when i want to leave dxun.

if this only were a bad game allover i could uninstall it and leave it behind.

but i wanna play!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X 149 with a Intel 852/855 GM/GME Chipset.  It runs SWKOTORI without any problems with all the recent drivers and DirectX 9.0c.  I installed SWKOTORII: The Sith Lords on my computer and I am able to get the game to start.  The videos run as well.  After I design my character the game loads and goes to a black screen (with the sound running) with an error message that follows shortly after.  Now I know my laptop can handle games (so shut up if you think it can