Are movies fuzzy for the rest of you too?

Like what?  A lame episode 3 game that no one with shred of taste is going to give a damn about?  All the games based on the prequels have been just as lame and stupid as the prequels themselves.  Waste of time, money, and talent.

That is what you think. But LA thinks that wrapping up audio/video for Episode III games is more important (and more lucrative) than gratifying some whiners who want to see a boring "ship lands on dantoinne" scene with DVD quality. No wonder Feargus considered to close down the forums... :)"

I think it would be more lucrative to make a good game even better than work on a lame game at all. I mean, have you taken a look at it? Also there are more important scenes than landing cutscenes. I am talking about Kreia's Fall, the coming of the Harbinger, pinnacle scenes like that.

How does it not make it better?

Sorry to disappoint you, but last time I heard RPGs are still about interactive storytelling. Anyway, you can continue ranting about K2, or you better just contact LA and ask them nicely whether they'd be so kind to remaster the movies just for you. Oh, and don't forget to transfer the $$$$$ to their appropriate account. Good luck!

The movies look pretty bad to me on 'medium' graphic settings, but on High with 1024/32 resolution they look a lot better. Not super crisp or anything but almost passable - on my 17" screen anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The movies look pretty bad to me on 'medium' graphic settings, but on High with 1024/32 resolution they look a lot better. Not super crisp or anything but almost passable - on  my 17" screen anyway.

Well, on my 17" they look absolutely horrible. Running at (I think 1280X1024) the movies are blurry, I could barely make out facial features.

They have very low quality movies here. I don't know how much trouble it is to redo the movies in a higher res; say 1024X768 & 800X600. If it's like any other encoder SW, just set the res and let it run overnight... over a week, I don't care. :devil:

But to tell u the truth, there are more important things to fix than rerendering the movies, content and bug-fixes. Let's have those first.

Just my 2cents. o:)

It really is a shame...at the very least, they could have let us keep our native resolution and done stretching like virtually all XVID or similar codecs do. Watching downloaded TV eps at 640x360 (or similar) stretched to 1024x768 still looks nice, even projected 90" wide on a wall, while the cutscenes here look blurry on a 17" monitor. Ideally they'd re-render the cutscenes at 1024xwhatever (don't know the aspect ratio of the cutscenes) with proper oversampling on everything, and both add a new patched-up DVD-edition SKU to retail and offer the new videos as a torrent download, or ship them for a small fee (say, $4.95 within the US).

It doesn't matter what settings you guys have. Whent he movies play the screen is resized to 640x480.

That's true techincally, but I'm telling you, on my PC, there's a distinct visual difference when I change some of the settings. Because I know what you mean about the fuzziness, it's the 1st thing I noticed when I was fiddling with settings.

But they're not very fuzzy now. *shrug*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

... well, i think it would be pointless to, at this point, remaster the movies after the games been released. i wouldnt download them just for the sake of watching them again. i'v already seen the movie - bad quality as it is, and unless i play the game a second time through (which is very rare for me), i wont bother with better quality movies.

i think the point that should be made here for LA and Obsidian to note is the following:

You'v seen the response of the fans, you've made a mistake by releasing sub-standard movies on a long-awaited/anticipated game by eager fans.

Dont make the same mistake again - take the extra time to do the job properly - even it it takes an extra month or two - at least the fans will appreciate the dedication from your side even more.

well, thats my two cents worth....