ATI users FIX

what about changing this?

[sound Options]

Number 3D Voices=16

Number 2D Voices=24

EAX=0

Test the game with sound off and on. I was having problems with my sound drivers (is a internal sound card)

Defrag your Harddisk, and make a permanent swap file not too big.

I added that line, reinstalled DirectX9c from the KotOR2 CD, and updated to Catalyst 5.2 (I have a Radeon 9800 Pro) and I've had no problems since. Prior to that I had horrible lag on Dantooine and minor lags in other spots and was crashing about every fifth area transision.

Quick side question: does Obsidian ever officially answer any of the posts in these forums? I haven't seen any Obsidian responses yet, so I wondered.

I added that line, reinstalled DirectX9c from the KotOR2 CD, and updated to Catalyst 5.2 (I have a Radeon 9800 Pro) and I've had no problems since.  Prior to that I had horrible lag on Dantooine and minor lags in other spots and was crashing about every fifth area transision.

Quick side question:  does Obsidian ever officially answer any of the posts in these forums?  I haven't seen any Obsidian responses yet, so I wondered.

Play some hours with that driver and you will see mayor slowdowns....

I was having that problem.

Saludos.-

does anyone have a problem with the movie quality with ATI cards? Or am I the only one?

I'm talking about movies, not cut scenes. The quality is horrible. It looks like graphics you'd see in 90's games.

As has been stated elsewhere, the movies were made low-res for XBox and not redone for PC. Right now there is nothing we can do to make them look better except ask Obsidian nicely to re-do them. With the amount of time that would take, think we're better off to ask for patches and more vital things. :thumbsup:

The fix solved my horrid FPS issues on Dantooine. I'm using a Radeon X800 XT Platinum, as well.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."