Ending the Force Bond?

I might have missed it in the end dialoge, but when was the force bond between Kreia and the Exile broken? The way I understood it, Kreia used it as a way of forcing you to follow her to Malacor, but once you face her it's forgotten. Isn't it supposed to kill both of you if one dies?

I might have missed it in the end dialoge, but when was the force bond between Kreia and the Exile broken? The way I understood it, Kreia used it as a way of forcing you to follow her to Malacor, but once you face her it's forgotten. Isn't it supposed to kill both of you if one dies?

That's a good question....this is a totally random guess...but perhaps the exile learned to control his force bonds...and u might want to throw up a spoiler warning.

I'm totally not trying to beat a dead horse, here. But this is just example #1000 of how this game kind of misses all of the minor attention to detail things. Of course it's quite possible I just missed it, but in 4 or 5 playthroughs I don't recall seeing anywhere in the game where you could sever the Force Bond with Kreia.

This includes the final confrontation. It's kind of like

the whole Remote/Goto confrontation. We are made to just come to our own conclusion about what went down. Since Remote was LS and Goto was DS, then we're supposed to conclude that if you chose the DS ending, Goto destroys the Remote. And if you are LS, Remote somehow is able to defeat Goto and activate the Mass Shadow Generator. Even though we never see any of this

That's what I meant by the game needed to be fleshed out better and fill all the holes and gaps, instead of leaving so much up to the players assumptions and conjecture.

It's almost certain that she was lying and just projecting the pain on you; the masters knew nothing of such an extreme bond.

Of course, maybe you just severed her. . .or yourself. . .or maybe she severed herself? from the force. ;)

Fnord.

It may well be that Kreia was lying about the strength of the bond, but for some reason, the Exile as a character doesn't seem to be at all concerned when s/he goes up against Traya at the end. There isn't even an option like "You can't kill me. You will die too." before the fight, or "I can't kill you. I might die as a result." afterward where Traya might gloat about how she tricked you. Even if it could be inferred that Kreia was lying, if I was the Exile, I sure as hell wouldn't be inferring what might or might not kill me.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Kreia lied. Every Jedi master you talked to about it seems dubious about a bond being that strong, to the point of being just shy of calling bull**** on it.

She uses it to tie you to her, putting you in a position to stick with her. I'd even go so far as to say that she orchestrated the loss of her hand and channeled that pain into you to give her the grounding to set her lies on.

It also was a great bit of insurance, since most of your other companions considered her bad for you and dangerous. If they believe that hurting or killing her may hurt you, they'd be a lot less inclined to move against her.

At the end, i'd say that since you're confronting her, the previous Darth Traya, in her sith academy you've probably already figured that most of what she told you was just to twist you around.

Plus, since last you saw your ship was crippled over a gaping hole in the planet, you're probably considering this to be your last stand. Force bond be damned at that point.