Obsidian Suggestions

Dranoel

As this is a forum dedicated to suggestions for Obsidian and its employees I thought I would put a few forward.

1. Good hygiene is important. Turning up smelling of halitosis and BO is never a good start. I recommend you should shower or bathe around once a day preferably in the morning. Furthermore I recommend an anti-perspirant deodorant. The perfumy ones are all well and good, but in hot weather or in the unlikely event you exercise (well you are living in the fattest nation on earth) the scent may well prove insufficient to supress the stench! If you suffer from halitosis use mouth wash and drink plenty of beverages regularly (not alcohol).

2. Exercise. Take a decent amount of exercise when you can even, if it is just a 20 minute walk to the local shops. The Kyoto Treaty is ignored by america (so you probably don't know anything about pollution) but it may help reduce your gasoline bills, waistlines and help you sleep better at night.

3. Eat lots of fruit and veg each day. Recommendations are that you should have 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. Portion sizes vary depending on the produce but is often straight forward (i.e. one apple equals one portion!)

4. Don't chew with your mouth open. It is disgusting for people around you and will reduce your appeal with all non-chipmunks out there!

mouth breathing should also be avoided when possible. Mouth breathers are just, well, disturbing.

Every 2 hours (or is it 4? i can't remember) you should get away from your desk, even if it's just to wander the halls chatting up co-workers. New stimuli will keep your brain on it's toes, increase creativity, and help alleviate many work and stress related injuries and illnesses.

You should drink between 32 and 64 ounces of water a day, but only drink when you are thirsty. Remember, many people confuse hunger with thirst so next time you feel hungry drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If you're still hungry then reach for the cheetos.

Posture while working for extended periods at a time at a desk is the number one cause of back, arm and shoulder troubles. Always be sure to keep you back straight, your hands in a comfortable, relaxed position, and be sure to take breaks between periods of intense typing.

Always...I repeat, ALWAYS hide your stash after you're done with it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well Dranoel. I will operate on the assumption that this is a sincere suggestion and is not interlaced with any sarasm. Rather then let the intent of these suggestions get side tracked with eventual SPAM, I will just close this thread to ensure it remains true to the sentiment of offering authentic insight :)

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: