Bugs

u sure it always had it? cause i heard (read) of ppl coming back to vash corpse and finding a lightsaber there, and someone somewhere said that he/she though the corpse didnt have a lightsaber because it was looted by darth sion when vash was killed...

but i dunno, i cant even get there to check unless someone helps me...

u sure it always had it? cause i heard (read) of ppl coming back to vash corpse and finding a lightsaber there, and someone somewhere said that he/she though the corpse didnt have a lightsaber because it was looted by darth sion when vash was killed...

but i dunno, i cant even get there to check unless someone helps me...

It may be because OE decided to specify that Vash (alive or dead) is supposed to give the player a lightsaber instead of some random loot.

This is one thing that proves this game was not tested for gameplay balance in that all of the stuff you get in the original KOTOR as you progress serves a purpose -- to help you at various levels -- And is NOT random as set in the .ncs files.

This may decrease the replay value a bit... But not as much as getting all med packs, or even repair kits, security tunnelers and other "useless" items when you need weapons, armor and lightsabers for your Jedi party as it currently stands :lol:"

oh, i forgot about random loot, thats probably right...

but anyway, cant anyone just get my save and pass this area for me? just something quick that will help me to keep playing...

about the: "funny thing, i managed to save the game right after i board the ebon hawk and before the cut scene begin, and when i tried to load that one it also crashed..."

the crash that happens is different. this time, when i load the game, the progress bar just freezes when on one third of the way, but the game doesnt crash. if i press alt+f4, the screen asking if i really wanna quit appears. and no matter how much i wait, it stays there at the same place.

Can anyone plz help me, either helping me fix this or getting my save and progressing for me?

I got this bug AFTER I installed the patch.  This bug NEVER occured before the patch was installed, and I had played through this part of the game at least four times before.

Potential SPOILERS below, blah blah blah.

I'm at the part where I enter Atris' Academy on Telos.  I'm asked by the handmaidens to put my weapons down, and when I give my reply, it doesn't fire the scene where Atton and Kreia have their talk about Jedi.  Instead, I'm free to roam around the Academy, to do whatever I please.  I can talk to Atris, but this doesn't do me much good, since my party isn't in the containment center, but rather in the area originally entered.  I can't board the Ebon Hawk, as "You need your party to board."

I had an autosave right before the entrance, so I tried four other times, only to have the same thing happen to me.

To reinterate, this happened AFTER the patch, and would never happen before the patch.  I'm thinking my only option is going to be to uninstall the game and play without the patch.

I am having this same problem. I got this game a week ago and loved the first one. I was happy to find out that the patch came right when i got it. It never goes to the cutscene with Kreia and Atton, and like you said i just roam around freely.... What can I do!!!!

Had the exact same problem: workaround is to change your reply the first time to: Why? Who are you?

The second time for no darkside points say: OK.

On an added note, when you have gotten the bug, try talking to Atton. His convo-options are reading as cheat node(11 or 12). Probably used for debugging. Kind of funny it went through the intensive testing at LA for bugs and straight out. :thumbsup:

Wait i dont get it how do i get past that part. Man u think the patch would have fixed i not screwed it up.

Well I fixed the BUG by deleting all the mods I had for the game....and for some reason that worked, I got past that part. I doubt everyone here actually has a mod with the game, but it worked for me...

okay, im still trying to fiz this thing, so i did some tests with the warp cheat... when i warp to 003EBO, the game tries to save and crash. i tried warping with a new game to 950COR, also crash. i then tried a warp to 004EBO Ebon Hawk - Interior - Red Eclipse Slayer Invasion [1], having no idea what that was, then fought my way against some enemys and when i killed their boss, the game updated my journal, gave me some xp and then, out of nowhere, tried to save... and it crashed one third of the way... someone with an idea of scripting may know how to fix this, since im thinking its probably a script bug that makes the game try to save every time it goes into the ebon hawk navigation mode (the one u talk to team members and choose a planet to go to...)

now, with the warping cheat, i could just warp to another planet and continue the game, but i would miss much of it that goes inside the ebon hawk... and would not be able to get visas... if anyone can help...

Edit: tried teleporting to telos and entering the ebon hawk, with auto save off. the game tried to save and crashed when one third of the way... plz help...

What a buggy piece of crap this game is, very poorly done obsidian, I would have never bought this game if I would have read all this poor developer problems.

And my system out does anyones so it is not my computer.

Liquid Cooled P4 3.6

Geforce 6600 256mb

120 GB HDD

2GB dual speed ram

only difference to my brothers pc is that his has a radeon x800 and it is amd... still, same bug that happens in my p4 1.4ghz with gforce 4 mx 460 and 256 ram, happens there... not to say the swoop racing minigame is unplayable in his pc, and runs perferctly on mine... this is one screwed up game...

And my system out does anyones so it is not my computer.

Liquid Cooled P4 3.6

Geforce 6600 256mb

120 GB HDD

2GB dual speed ram

Are you trying to say your Force Pike is bigger than everyone elses Force Pike? :(

Those specs aren't that great, kiddo.... But yes. The game is really buggy as evidenced by all 19 pages of this thread.

more news about this...

i created a new char and tried teleporting to the ebon hawk, went well.

then, i got a VERY old save of my game and telported. thing is, it worked, but i was on peragus yet and it trigged the cutscene where we escape peragus. i got one that i was already at telos moments before going to the restoration zone, this one crashed. therefore, the crash is due to something that would happen next time i get in the ebon hawk. as stated before, could be visas marr, or it could be any other scene that should happen at that time. if anyone know a way i could manually trigger the visas marr scene when getting on the ebon hawk while im at peragus, maybe i could see if it is just that. but no one seems to even bother offering more help than standard procedures, guess ill not be playing this game for a while...

but no one seems to even bother offering more help than standard procedures, guess ill not be playing this game for a while...

Well, what the Hell do you want us to do?

Even modders can't correct code that is in the executable (compared to just recompiling scripts that the executable runs) -- Where a lot of these errors exist.

I think I've said this before on another thread...

But the day LA or even OE (if rumors are correct) decided to cut major portions of the game out due to a deadline or just by choice... You (the player) are going to have major problems because a game like this is nothing but scripts and triggers behind-the-scenes that when activated in a certain order -- even a random order due to how a player can play through the game -- Do certain things and if you cut out major portions of that/those event chains, of course the game isn't going to respond correctly.

I am amazed the game even runs in its current state with the amount of stuff that was cut... But not surprised with how many bugs we're encountering just the same.

So, bottom line, until OE actually FIXES the majority of these bugs like the event triggers and other things INSIDE the executable... This game is not going to be finished, or work properly and there is nothing any of us can do.

i would think someone would offer passing trough this part with my save game and then saving and passing me back my save, thats what i asked, since i believe the crash is just on that part. i now believe i have found the exact location of the crash. after more warping and alignment shifting with the console, i got to a point in the game right before i went to the restoration zone. before that point, every time i warp into the hawk, atton is sitting down and saying i should check on kreia, and kreia is meditating saying i should see "that fool", and t3 is going around. that doesnt crash, but when i get to the time i have to go to the restoration zone, something inside probably changes, and if i enter the ebon hawk as of there, the game crashes, with or without visas.

BTW, "addlightside 100" gave me LS mastery and then i repaired t3 in peragus, giving me xp, and it triggered the visas thing

If you want help, posting the Save-game may help us to help you I guess...

Visas -- and her movie on board the Ravenger with Nihilus -- Is triggered when you are 50% toward either LS or DS Mastery.

You can even get this movie while still on Telos Citadel Station if you're doing the LS or DS missions and strictly role playing each side respectively -- Meaning, no going back and forth between Czerka and the Ithorians like with the Batono quest and the Droid Delivery quests where you can double-cross each side if you want.

Visas is [should be] an Ebon Hawk Only event.

Meaning, even if you get the movie while still on Telos, you shouldn't get her until you leave Atris' Academy with the Hawk and are on one of the other planets the second time your return from questing, you'll confront her.

I would encourage all new issues to be posted in the new patch sticky: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=33288

I want to thank EVERYONE for taking the time to keep adding their input and experiences. I am certain that the devs are grateful for this resource!

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: