Concerning Bastila and the T3 recording

I don't know if this has already been brought up, so if it has, my bad. But I just wanted to say something about the T3 video of Bastila.

For those of you that are still wandering what you have to do to see it, you need to have an int of about 15+, and a com of about 15+. I found you didn't have to have a high rep stat, or even a high Influence with T3. If you're onboard the Ebon Hawk, and you have a high enough int stat, the dialogue option of accessing T3's memory core will pop up very early in the game. Like, the moment you leave Peragus.

But you will have to have a high enough com skill to access it.

The video just basically says (if you told Atton Revan was LS male) that Bastila respects T3 alot because he's been with her and Revan since Taris. And that Revan remembered something terrible that he did on the Outer Rim and that he was going off to confront it. He'll take T3 with him on this endeavor. She goes on to say that if something happens to Revan, or if he's even killed, that T3 must take the Ebon Hawk and return to the Republic to find her, or if he can't find her, then find someone, anyone, even a group of fighters, that can go to Revan's aid in his new struggle, because he's going to need all the help he can get.

What's confusing to me is that towards the end of the game, you see Bastila again in Carth's office, wondering if the exile knew where Revan was.

Well, my question is why didn't she just ask T3? Or better yet, if you watch the recording, why didn't T3 find Bastila like he was instructed to do?

In the followup conversation you have with T3 after the recording, he tells you that he specifically sought you out because you are the only one that can stand by Revan and help him. And that everything you're going through now is secondary towards getting you to fight alongside Revan.

So, did Revan himself send T3 back to get the exile? Or did T3 just take it upon himself to find you? And if that's the case, how did he know of you? Did he know you were going to be on the Harbinger? Or, did he in fact seek out Bastila first, and then SHE instructed T3 to find you. Which makes no sense at all since the game starts with the Ebon Hawk limping towards Peragus with a chunk missing out of it and a few dead bodies onboard.

It would just make more sense if Bastila said in a second recording that she was going off to find Revan herself because she hadn't heard anything from T3. Much like she did in the Sith Academy holorecording if you said Revan was DS male. Maybe that recording would've been in the ruins of the Jedi Academy on Dantooine, or maybe Carth tells you of this when you talk to him after the Telos battle.

Having Bastila physically there with Carth was nice to see and nostalgic, but really, if you saw the video, it didn't make much sense.

Or did I just miss something?

Good set of questions Jebus. As I understand from the T3 video, Revan hasn't left Bastila just yet. She knows that Revan is going to leave soon and she knows that T3 is going with him, she stores a message in T3, so that when Revan does leave T3 will come to find her, or someone else, to rescue Revan because Bastila doesn't feel Revan can handle the "True Sith" by himself.

Things playout as Bastila knew it would but instead of T3 seeking out Bastila he sought out the Exile because he knew of war and what needed to be done to get things done. Since the Jedi scattered it might have been hard to find Bastila plus Revan probably sought out the Exile as well and told T3 not to find Bastila because he wanted to protect her.

T3 knew about you, as everyone in the game did, because of that pretentious schutta Atris. She leaked out info about you so as soon as T3 knew about you it was just a matter of finding you.

I have to agree with with the ending. Seeing Bastila there was great but didn't make much sense. She didn't even say: "Hey Exile do you have my T3 droid, do you mind if I talk to him for a quick sec" or something to that degree. Don't even get me started on the Carth video which made even less sense when you actually meet him and he doesn't ask for T3.

Yeah, you're right about the Carth video. I figure that's a separate thread.

And thanks for the answer about T3. That made alot of sense. I guess the clues were there throughout the game about T3 units and their excessive individualism. I guess what the game was trying to tell you was that T3 made up his own mind about finding you. Brushing aside his first order which was to find Bastila or Carth first.

But seeing her at the end just kind of threw me for a loop.

Something similar happens when you mention that Revan was DS male at the beginning. I got the Bastila video from t3 and then I brought t3 with me in the Korriban Academy and got the other video with Bastila from the Sith Holocron and there was not even a single line from t3.

Another thing I noticed is that you can ask t3 who is the woman in the video (it implies the Exile didn't know Bastila) but when you get in the tomb on Korriban and Malak recruits Bastila, the Exile recognizes her :rolleyes: (you can chose an answer like "But Bastila didn't join you")...

Even weirder: when you say Revan was DS male at the beginning, you see this video and you can keep asking t3 who is the woman in the video. Then I brought t3 with me in the Korriban Academy and got the other video with Bastial from the Sith Holocron and there was not even a line from t3.

Another thing I noticed is that you can ask t3 who is the woman in the video (it implies the Exile didn't know Bastila) but when you get in the tomb on Korriban and Malak recruits Bastila, the Exile recognizes her  :p  (you can chose an answer like "But Bastila didn't join you")...

haha i never noticed that before now. now that you mention it that does seem rather weird.

more examples of how lucasarts rushing the game meant inconsistencies like this werent found? :rolleyes:

What was Bastila wearing in the holocron at Korrbian? If she was wearing a dark Jedi robe, then maybe the Exile knew *who* she was, but was doubtful and asked for a second opinion. If Bastila was dressed with her usual jedi robes (LS), then...the Exile has some serious memory trauma.

What was Bastila wearing in the holocron at Korrbian? If she was wearing a dark Jedi robe, then maybe the Exile knew *who* she was, but was doubtful and asked for a second opinion. If Bastila was dressed with her usual jedi robes (LS), then...the Exile has some serious memory trauma.

In any event, Bastila did not have DS jedi robes in the tomb <_<

Even weirder: when you say Revan was DS male at the beginning, you see this video and you can keep asking t3 who is the woman in the video. Then I brought t3 with me in the Korriban Academy and got the other video with Bastial from the Sith Holocron and there was not even a line from t3.

Another thing I noticed is that you can ask t3 who is the woman in the video (it implies the Exile didn't know Bastila) but when you get in the tomb on Korriban and Malak recruits Bastila, the Exile recognizes her  :huh:  (you can chose an answer like "But Bastila didn't join you")...

haha i never noticed that before now. now that you mention it that does seem rather weird.

more examples of how lucasarts rushing the game meant inconsistencies like this werent found? :ermm:

I don't think that one is Lucasarts fault, that sortof reminds me how in Kotor the blind gang boss says,"I've got good instincts, and you have the LOOK of a racer about you."

When alot of people write a story things happen.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, that's true. Hmm, okay, no real excuse for Exile not to recognize Bastila. :ermm:

Maybe Revan sent T3 to search for the Exile because he needed his help in destroying the True Sith?

I think the dead crew members on the Ebon Hawk could have been the guys from kotor1, T3 may have thought Revan died in the attack, or he was stuck on the ship and couldnt even get off to follow Revan.. Also, T3 could have lost that part of his "program" to go find Revan? :) and didnt know you at all.. as soon as you repaired his memory, he thought you was Revan?

*sarcastic* Maybe Revan turns out to be your father? and on KotOR 3, he'll come out and say "Exile... I. Am your Father"*Sarcasum off*

lol.. I'm not sure, they did it for a reason, maybe we'll all find out in Kotor3.. or maybe if we read the Chronicles of the Old Republic (www.lucasarts.com > kotor2 site) when they finally update it past kotor2.

during the timeline of kotor2, it says that Canderous Ordo is Mandalore, and it says that on the official kotor2 site, So it's not even a spoiler if anyone didnt know.

Actually, I havent even played Kotor2 yet at all, but I dont really care about spoilers, I dont take these things in.. lol I refuse to! :) I just wanna play the game anyhow. :)

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

Something similar happens when you mention that Revan was DS male at the beginning. I got the Bastila video from t3 and then I brought t3 with me in the Korriban Academy and got the other video with Bastila from the Sith Holocron and there was not even a single line from t3.

Another thing I noticed is that you can ask t3 who is the woman in the video (it implies the Exile didn't know Bastila) but when you get in the tomb on Korriban and Malak recruits Bastila, the Exile recognizes her  :devil:  (you can chose an answer like "But Bastila didn't join you")...

Yeah, I remember somebody else saying that. Little things like that irk me man.

It looks to me that she was wearing one of the Baran Do robes.

I would imagine T3 was returning from the Unknown Regions on orders from Revan, perhaps as a measure to alert people like Canderous and Carth that their time is coming, and the events he warned them about are about to transpire.

For the Lightside, Revan is likely fine, kicking ass and taking names from whomever it is he is fighting, wearing Mandalorian Assault Armor or his badass Revan Robes. If it were otherwise, T3 wouldn't be hiding Revan's location from everybody. He shocks HK so HK won't find out, and has deliberately sabotaged the astrogation database so only he knows where Revan is.

I'd say this is because Revan is probably planning something, and knows that Bastila or Carth would come running after them if either of them were to discover his/her whereabouts, simply because of the love they share, and Revan can't have them A)Endanger themselves, cause he/she loves them, and B) he's probably working on sabotaging the True Sith for when they invade the Republic, and if Bastila or Carth were to come, then his planning would be ruined.

I'm not sure why T3 finds the Exile. I think thats more due to the influence and conniving of Kreia than T3.

So, did Revan himself send T3 back to get the exile? Or did T3 just take it upon himself to find you? And if that's the case, how did he know of you? Did he know you were going to be on the Harbinger? Or, did he in fact seek out Bastila first, and then SHE instructed T3 to find you. Which makes no sense at all since the game starts with the Ebon Hawk limping towards Peragus with a chunk missing out of it and a few dead bodies onboard.

This is how I read it Jebus after 8 play throughs!

1) Revan is alone beyond the outter rim (I dont understand why people keep saying Revan hasnt left Bastilla yet, in both the LS and DS games thats clearly explained)

2) I dont think Revan SPECIFICALLY told T3 to seek you out. Its just you fit the parameters T3 was given ( being a general in the Mandalorian wars and all that).

3) Kreia knew you were on the Harbinger and she was with T3 on the Ebon Hawk, so that explains that part of it.

4) Good or Evil - Male or female, Mandalore, Carth, and Bastila were all left behind by Revan when he goes to find the Real Sith. This part of the story is VERY clear (or least was to me in all 8 play throughs).

5) Bastila could ask T3 where Revan is but its my understanding T3 wouldnt tell her anyways. Remember Kreia doesnt even know where Revan actually is other then beyond outter rim looking for the real sith. She was on board the Ebon Hawk with T3 (and obviously picked up off Malacor V by T3 before searching for you)

(assumptions)

The way I look at it, Revan sent T3 to find a ally for him. He sent T3 to get his old teacher Kreia. Through the force Kreia locates you. So in effect T3 was sent for you, just in a round about way!

[The way I look at it, Revan sent T3 to find a ally for him. He sent T3 to get his old teacher Kreia. Through the force Kreia locates you. So in effect T3 was sent for you, just in a round about way!

Perhaps Kreia is the person Revan sought as an ally, and in her efforts to help, found his source of power, fell to the Dark Side, was betrayed, and then betrayed Revan by never going to help him and instead seeking revenge upon Sion and Nihilius. Thus, when the Exile defeats Kreia, the task originally given to Kreia is passed by default to him....

What I don't get is Bastila even being alive. I mean, they make such a huge deal about all the jedi being dead, and that Atris, Vrook, Kavar (exile's master?), Vash, Zhe-get-a-name-I-can-spell-or-remember, and the exile. Then, bam you finish talking to Carth and Bastila appears!

What the hell!? Another jedi!? Who, if I remember from KOTOR 1, was at a level to be a very powerful jedi master, with an uber battle meditate skill. Why wasn't she ever mentioned in the "Gather the last of the Jedi" quest? It's kinda self-important to only gather the ones who had something to do with the exile's trial. Shouldn't Bastila be helping defeat these new sith lords?

And wasn't Atris supposed to meet you on Telos with the other masters?

And why doesn't someone other the Kreia acknowledge the fact that you are training jedi? I've got Visas, Brianna, Atton, and Mira all trained as jedi, and working on Bao-Dur (damn this guy is hard to get influence with), yet none of the Masters seem to notice that their ranks have swelled from the 5

(minus the dead vash and plus the living Bastila)

to 12 (exile, Atton, Mira, Brianna, Kreia

even if she becomes sith later

, Bao-Dur, and Visas). Any increase would be pretty damn important if you ask me, but they barely bat an eye.

Did only the really dense jedi masters survive?

Perhaps the fact that the Sith Lords have no idea where Revan is as well is important in understanding why they don't know where Bastila is. Perhaps the force and love bond they share allows Revan to disguise both his and Bastila's existence and location.

I remember Kreia saying something to the effect that it is the Sith Lords who believe you to be the last of the Jedi, not the fact that you are the last of the Jedi.

What I don't get is Bastila even being alive. I mean, they make such a huge deal about all the jedi being dead, and that Atris, Vrook, Kavar (exile's master?), Vash, Zhe-get-a-name-I-can-spell-or-remember, and the exile. Then, bam you finish talking to Carth and Bastila appears!

What the hell!? Another jedi!? Who, if I remember from KOTOR 1, was at a level to be a very powerful jedi master, with an uber battle meditate skill. Why wasn't she ever mentioned in the "Gather the last of the Jedi" quest? It's kinda self-important to only gather the ones who had something to do with the exile's trial. Shouldn't Bastila be helping defeat these new sith lords?

And wasn't Atris supposed to meet you on Telos with the other masters?

And why doesn't someone other the Kreia acknowledge the fact that you are training jedi? I've got Visas, Brianna, Atton, and Mira all trained as jedi, and working on Bao-Dur (damn this guy is hard to get influence with), yet none of the Masters seem to notice that their ranks have swelled from the 5

(minus the dead vash and plus the living Bastila)

to 12 (exile, Atton, Mira, Brianna, Kreia

even if she becomes sith later

, Bao-Dur, and Visas). Any increase would be pretty damn important if you ask me, but they barely bat an eye.

Did only the really dense jedi masters survive?

Nice points made. The K2's story is wierd to get around. Basically I think did not care for anyone who followed Revan, maybe that is why Bastila, Juhani, and even Jolee are ignored. Plus the Masters only wanted to find out what happen to the Exile so that they could gain what they needed to fight Nihilus and Sion. And Kavar wasn't the Exile's master, he only wanted him to be his padawan but passed up on that. It is ofcourse odd, but predictable, that your trainees are not acknowledeged. The game was rushed, if it had not been rushed things might have been alot better.