what rpgs are on the horizon?

Bioware's exclusivity deal with MS would not preclude porting Jade Empire to the PC.  if anything, it almost ensures that it will be ported.

I doubt, looking at were Jade Empire was anounced its a clear bet on Microsoft to enter the huge japanese market.

Of course that does not mean anything, BioWare is a known western developer and I doubt its much know in japan, also Jade Empire from what I seen of Jade Empire its lacks the JRPGs elements and tries to do somethings that might be viewed as a insult ... perhaps to cover losses its made a PC version (were most BioWare market is still located) but I would not count much on it, Microsoft have money to burn and I dont know exactly what kind of contract does BioWare have with then.

MS still gets most of it's base revenue for xbox from western audiences. With teh xbox's architecture being so easy to port ot PC, it wouldn't be much of an expenditure for MS to open the title to a whole different market.

I agree that it doesn't look like it'll appeal to the eastern market much, but the Xbox has made it's way so far on the dollars of the western market.

The only thing i can see holding Jade Empires back form a PC release would be really low xbox version sales figures, which i don't see happening. The reception at E3 last year was pretty solid and it's still being pretty strongly hyped.

It will be interesting though to see just how the eastern market receives it.

DS2 was a terrible, and was much less fun than watching a good screensaver. It sounds like they are trying to make some changes this time around, but I will read what people are saying before slapping down any $$. I am going with hope over experience on that one. DL sounds like it could be OK in the latest previews.

Also, for BG3, I think John Hight talked about it being a prequel in that PC Gamer story a while back

I've been thinking of buying an Xbox... I went to a store today and was amazed at the number of titles on it...

I had always thought it had less than even the gamecube.

If only you knew the power of the Box Side - why would you limit your potential when all the power of the XBOX is there at your disposal? Just give in to the Box Side, Darque....you know you want to.

:)

90% of all my PC gaming interests are also on XBox... it would keep my comp clean... :ph34r:

I've been thinking of buying an Xbox... I went to a store today and was amazed at the number of titles on it...

I had always thought it had less than even the gamecube.

If only you knew the power of the Box Side - why would you limit your potential when all the power of the XBOX is there at your disposal? Just give in to the Box Side, Darque....you know you want to.

:p

90% of all my PC gaming interests are also on XBox... it would keep my comp clean... :ph34r:

Yesss - at last you begin to understand.

*waves Ninja Gaiden and X-Men Legends in Darque's face*

Does your vaunted PC have these? Search your feelings Darque...you know it to be true.

:p

manthing2.jpg

Rumor #4: Jade Empire is coming to the PC.

Source: French game site Sanqualis.com.

The official story: "We are exploring the idea of a PC version."--BioWare co-CEO Ray Muzyka.

What we heard: While at the European Developers Forum--the GDCE wannabe that ran alongside Game Stars Live! and EGN in London last week--Muzyka talked to Sanqualis about Jade Empire. Naturally, he was asked whether, like Knights of the Old Republic, the currently Xbox-only RPG would come to the PC. "We're certainly interested in the idea," he said. "We own the IP, and we're interested in developing for the PC." Muzyka then dispelled any notion that Microsoft, eager for Xbox exclusives, would pay BioWare to keep Jade Empire solely on its console. "Microsoft's interested too," he said, all but sealing the deal. "But until it's officially announced, it's not something I can confirm or deny."

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus. It's just a matter of time.

LINKY