Bao-dur as a jedi

Okay I need some help. I heard the best way to get Bao-dur to go Jedi was to have him help repair the landspeeder thing on Nar Shaddar. Unfortunately I blew it off for to long and returned to find it destroyed. I've completed all the planets and I'm heading back to Dxun to help the general overthrow the queen (DS all the way!) Are there anymore oppertunities to gain Bao-dur to make him a DS jedi? I know raiding the Sith's tomb on Dxun can give your character DS points, would giving Bao-dur Ds points help turn him or is only influence a factor? This is all the influence I have on him so far.

INFLUENCE GAINED

-complemented him at one point/asked if he was okay

-found the transmitters on Dantooine

-killed someone with Kriea in the party, Bua-dur actually approved

-rescued the Mandarlorian on Dxun

-helped the Republic spy by giving him a starport visa

Might be one or two more events I'm forgetting.

I did get a scene saying he was glad to be with me after the visa scene but I haven't gotten any influence since then. Can anyone help me or am I too late in the game?

Okay I need some help. I heard the best way to get Bao-dur to go Jedi was to have him help repair the landspeeder thing on Nar Shaddar. Unfortunately I blew it off for to long and returned to find it destroyed. I've completed all the planets and I'm heading back to Dxun to help the general overthrow the queen (DS all the way!) Are there anymore oppertunities to gain Bao-dur to make him a DS jedi? I know raiding the Sith's tomb on Dxun can give your character DS points, would giving Bao-dur Ds points help turn him or is only influence a factor? This is all the influence I have on him so far.

INFLUENCE GAINED

-complemented him at one point/asked if he was okay

-found the transmitters on Dantooine

-killed someone with Kriea in the party, Bua-dur actually approved

-rescued the Mandarlorian on Dxun

-helped the Republic spy by giving him a starport visa

Might be one or two more events I'm forgetting.

I did get a scene saying he was glad to be with me after the visa scene but I haven't gotten any influence since then. Can anyone help me or am I too late in the game?

That should be more then enough to get him to become a jedi, you must have had some influence lost in there you not mentioning or didnt notice as otherwise you would be able to.

did you heal the guy in the refugee sector on nar-shadaa? because you gain a lot of influence with Bao-Dur, and you should be able to train him after that. mind you he has to be in your party when you heal the refugee.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I'm pretty sure prestige classes have nothing to do with it, I think I got Atton and Handmaiden to become jedi before becoming a Sith Lord. That being said I'm a level 15 consular/ 26 Sith lord, I kept fighting Hsiss on Korriban.

As for the sick man, I convinced him to kill himself for the good of everyone else. Are there NO ways to gain influence with Bao-dur after clearing all the planets? I revisited them only to find that I could get lightside points on Nar Shaddar but Boa-dur won't respond. I also found out I can lose influence with him by repairing a droid on Dantooine and killing the guy who confronts you about being a jedi. Does anyone know a way to gain influence with him after beating the planets? I'm saved just before the Onderon War.

I'm pretty sure prestige classes have nothing to do with it, I think I got Atton and Handmaiden to become jedi before becoming a Sith Lord. That being said I'm a level 15 consular/ 26 Sith lord, I kept fighting Hsiss on Korriban.

As for the sick man, I convinced him to kill himself for the good of everyone else. Are there NO ways to gain influence with Bao-dur after clearing all the planets? I revisited them only to find that I could get lightside points on Nar Shaddar but Boa-dur won't respond. I also found out I can lose influence with him by repairing a droid on Dantooine and killing the guy who confronts you about being a jedi. Does anyone know a way to gain influence with him after beating the planets? I'm saved just before the Onderon War.

Sorry Dawn nope.

List I gave yas has always worked for me.

Once planets cleared there really is only conversation options left but you have exhausted those so think yas outta luck this time around.

You only need to gain influence on Bao Dur about 5 times to make him a Jedi . You can also turn him into a Jedi if you loose a lot of influence on him. His alignment will just go to the opposite as yours but the same dialogue options will unlock. You don't need any prestige class to make him a Jedi. I normally make him a Jedi on ym second planet (Nar Shadaa), before even going to the refugee quarters. To gain influence, be nice with him and encourage him whenever possible or, to loose influence, chose the DS options such as unjustified murder when you can .

You only need to gain influence on Bao Dur about 5 times to make him a Jedi . You can also turn him into a Jedi if you loose a lot of influence on him. His alignment will just go to the opposite as yours but the same dialogue options will unlock. You don't need any prestige class to make him a Jedi. I normally make him a Jedi on ym second planet (Nar Shadaa), before even going to the refugee quarters. To gain influence, be nice with him and encourage him whenever possible or, to loose influence,  chose the DS options such as unjustified murder when you can .

Aparently, I'm a slow learner...

On my second play through (Dark this time), I'm having a devil of a time maintaining my alignment, and gaining any influence enough to train the handmaiden. Is it true that a maximum loss of influence also allows the training dialogue to open?

Thanks.

You must first get to the presteige classes

Uhm... not true at all. My Consular/Jedi Master game had the Handmaiden, Mira, Atton, and Bao Dur all turned to Jedi before I reached level 15 and became a Jedi Master.

Similarly, my Consular/Sith Lord game had the Handmaiden, Atton, and Bao Dur all turned to dark Jedi before I reached level 15 and became a Sith Lord.

I did all of this on the first "choice" planet, the one I picked being Nar Shadaa (sp).

Aparently, I'm a slow learner...

On my second play through (Dark this time), I'm having a devil of a time maintaining my alignment, and gaining any influence enough to train the handmaiden.  Is it true that a maximum loss of influence also allows the training dialogue to open?

Thanks.

Yes that's true, losing maximum influence will also open those dialogues, as well as most other options. However, if you train Jedi with low influence, they will be trained as Jedi opposite of your alignment. If you are Sith, they will be Jedi. If you are Jedi, they will be trained Sith.

I went about this by gaining maximum dark side points all the way up to my first planet, then choosing Nar Shadaa. On Nar Shadaa, I made sure to do light side things, plenty of them, around Bao Dur, with him exclusively in my party, to gain enough influence. I did a combination of light side and dark side things with only Atton in my party. Oddly enough, you can gain influence with Atton by going in and killing the innocent, or by helping them altruistically. Eventually out of all of this, Bao Dur tells you that you have an effect on him and that he didn't notice it before... this convo will end up with Bao Dur training to be Jedi or Sith.

Atton's convo requires that you ask him early on at the academy on Telos about his Echani training. You can only do this if one of the Handmaidens tells you about that in a convo with her after your convo with Atris. Then later, while walking through the Refugee Sector, two Twilek's will approach you and tell you of his history. Start talking to him and being nice, and you will gain influence, and he will tell you of a Jedi woman he loved and killed. Then he will want to be trained.

With the Handmaiden, its actually easy. Everytime you gain two levels, ask her to train you. Also, ask Kreia about her mother, when that option comes up, or after a training session, as her to put on some clothes. She will put on a Jedi Robe and tell you it was her mother's. You have to ask her that WHILE WEARING CLOTHES yourself, or she will shrug off your request. After the three training sessions (you have to win them, and not cheat), and after she tells you about her mother, you can press the issue of becoming a Jedi.

Mira is not difficult either. When you first come to Nar Shadaa and walk in front of the door to the Entertainment Sector, Kreia gives you a vision of the real Nar Shadaa. Keep that location in mind. Once Mira is in your party, try every combination of good things to say until she opens up to you. You will eventually get the option to "teach her", and she asks that when you show her, don't be smug about it or something like that :"> At that point, leave the Ebon Hawke with Mira in your party and walk to that point where Kreia showed you the vision... she will be startled and let you train her as a Jedi.

Hope that helps.

the first time i played i got bao-dur to turn to a jedi, no problem. not been able to in any game since. this current game i've done just about every listed above and gained influence, but still can't train him. i'm on Onderon now with Mandalore, so i think i've pretty much botched the opportunity to train him. he's the only one i haven't gotten.

Bao Dur ( :) ) has been a Jedi both times I have played... I foudn him rather easy to train. And he makes a darn good one if you train him eary enough. What I can't stand is that he can't wear any of the cool robes, but neither can he wear any armor or he can't use the Force. :p That is one hell of a glitch. :)