KotOR 2's ending

did KotOR 2's ending suck?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. did KotOR 2's ending suck?

• Yes
    • No

I didnt think it was horrible. After you read/listen to the cut content that was supose to be there, the ending seems more filling to me. But then again, I realize there is going to be a third game eventually and so they needed the clifhangers at the end.... Although it could have been improved, I liked it.

It sucked. I don't blame obsidian, I blame their deadline, but that doesn't mean the end didn't suck.

Everything after Dantooine just stopped making sense and became boring. The mass shadow generator wasn't explained at all and came out of the blue, and you have to do that dumb remote interlude just when the PC is about to get somewhere interesting. Then the interesting part isn't that interesting. The final battle was revealing and exciting, still not challenging though. (I seem to recall Malak actually killing me a few times before I won...) She talks about your party, and it seems kind of like a cheap way out of an ending. Then the planet arbitrarily starts to crumble, the ebon hawk flies out of a random pit, after it had randomly crashed into a completely different one. Then you don't see anyone in your party as you fly off into the sunset. It just isn't satisfying and doesn't make sense. That's no cliffhanger. Cliffhangers don't bother me. Stupid endings filled with random, unexplained events, and unthrilling scenes bother me.

And don't get me started on the ravager. Ok, blow it up. Ok, wait it's not working ok do this, now it's blow up, but first go kill this guy who we never told you his name, but it's Darth Nihilus and he can eat planets and kill you with a thought, but don't worry, he's nothing special in combat. Ok whatever. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think it sucked. It felt so unfinished and unresolved. First and foremost it left me wondering what the hell happened to Mira. I know Kreia told about her future, but the last time she was seen entering the academy. It makes no sense. Oh and what makes even less sense is Ebon Hawk somehow miraculously reborn (like a phoenix from the ashes, really) after it was witnessed spectacularly crashing down somewhere into the void. And nothing about how the little chat between Goto and remote ended. And I wanted at least to say *something* to my party members (or have them say something) and here I'm left gaping while the newly reborn Ebon Hawk flies into the nebula. :(