Free online rpgs?

kirottu

I suggest Mudding, too. Everyone I know does it.

Personally, I'd suggest SMAUG codebase, but there's nothing wrong with Merentha. It just takes a bit of getting used to. The Mud Connector is very useful, too. Just search it according to what genres you like. :)

Fnord.

Guest Surlent

Anarchy Online is free also (though as game it could have been better IMO).

As said above Guild Wars is coming at the start of this year, it will have no mothly fee (you still need to pay for the game and possible xpansions if you wish).

no no .. its the "Moody Underdeveloped Person" Rpg .. for nerds with social problems!

or a mud pie .. it's all the same

I used to play with Muds, but other games intrest me now. I will play Muds if im very board or at school. I have a friend who plays a MUD, Astaria, since High School every day and I believe he has a social problem.

MUDs take such a damned long time to get familiar with. SOmetimes the regulars just swoops by and types you to death so fast you wont even know what happened.

I tried a Star Trek MUD once(only once I have a life) and I almost became vulcan ambassador on.. whatever planet that was

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

MUDs take such a damned long time to get familiar with. SOmetimes the regulars just swoops by and types you to death so fast you wont even know what happened.

I tried a Star Trek MUD once(only once I have a life) and I almost became vulcan ambassador on.. whatever planet that was

Earth? ^_^

manthing2.jpg

http://www.muonline.com/

It's a quite fun Diablo clone developed in Korea. Its only con is that it has still not reached v1.0 so there are no quests whatsoever, just non-stop hackslash and level-ups...

And it gets quite annoying to see random lvl 7 noobs from Brazil following you around and asking you "plz giv me teh leathar glovz, cant speek eglish"...

http://www.nwn2news.net/lotgd

Legend of the Green Dragon somewhat based off of the old BBS door game LORD

tounge in cheek humor in a middle ages fantasy setting.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta