I'm in the Secret Academy - am I screwed?

ok to one of your problems go to the "Journal" and press Y till' you see your mission logs again that freaked me out as well secondly sometimes you have to talk to peole in the game B4 the event will happen in your case have you talked to any of the handmaidens for directions? * stupid question* I know but sometimes it works

I tried the journal thing - it didn't seem to work (maybe I'm just daft). Also, what level must your repair rating be at before you can access workbenches because my main character has never been able to access (but lab stations, yes) them, nor has other members of my party. On top of that, I cannot speak to the only handmaiden in the secret academy, but I can speak to the sister handmaiden. Also, before I was separated from my party, I have never been able to speak to Kreia while exploring because as I would press dialogue it would do nothing but beep - can you not speak to her? Is she too cool for you? Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, I reloaded a saved game just as I arrive in the secret base and I asked where my friends are, where's the Ebon Hawk and they told me everything, I then proceeded to speak with Atris, I didn't argue with her, I vowed to find any willing Jedi to help with our cause and then I started moving towards the prison room (northern part of irrigation channel?). Anyway, on the map, the prison room is colored with a reddish hue and when I enter the room the three force cages or kolto tanks are completely empty. Do I have to defeat the handmaidens in combat and do other things to able to get my friends back? Or must I ask every single handmaiden the whereabouts of my friends?

I don't want to sound like I'm whining but I just to let my problems be known in case there is someone else who has similar ones - to find out if my problem is a glitch or merely lack of common sense. Thanks again.

I tried the journal thing - it didn't seem to work (maybe I'm just daft). Also, what level must your repair rating be at before you can access workbenches because my main character has never been able to access (but lab stations, yes) them, nor has other members of my party.

I reloaded a saved game just as I arrive in the secret base and I asked where my friends are, where's the Ebon Hawk and they told me everything, I then proceeded to speak with Atris, I didn't argue with her, I vowed to find any willing Jedi to help with our cause and then I started moving towards the prison room (northern part of irrigation channel?). Anyway, on the map, the prison room is colored with a reddish hue and when I enter the room the three force cages or kolto tanks are completely empty. Do I have to defeat the handmaidens in combat and do other things to able to get my friends back? Or must I ask every single handmaiden the whereabouts of my friends?

My friend I think you are completely hosed and need to start over. You should be able to access lab station/work bench with 0 repair and computer skill. It doesn't bother to check for bringing up the dialogue, just when you want to create an item. If its been like that for your entire game, then you need a fresh one I think.

Also I would recommend posting this problem to the tech support forums. It may be something that you can clear up with a disc change. Atleast hopefully.

It's really a shame that this game is so dang buggy and the problem seems to be almost 100% scripting errors. I've ran into a few myself with the scripts that do camera panning, like if you cancel an in engine cutscene that has a camera pan, it somehow doesn't reset some sort of variable they use to keep track of the camera state, so that the next time the camera is supposed to pan... it just hangs there indefinately.

I used to write a lot of mods in NWN script, so I think that the scripting they use is very similar, atleast a lot of the bugs I see are ones I've either encountered first hand myself or in other modules for NWN that people wrote.

peace

• 3 months later...

Just in case anyone else wanders into this difficulty, I think I may have found a solution to this glitch.

I had the exact same trouble, and I tried restarting 2-3 times from a save right before going into the secret Academy, with the same thing happening every time.

Eventually I came to realize that my characters should not be staying in the entranceway, they should be imprisoned. I concluded it must have been an error with a trigger or script.

I realized that each time I chose to simply lay down my weapons at the first opportunity.

Restarting the level again, I chose to delay that option by choosing to tell them that they'd have to make me give up the weapons. Some dialogue with Kreia that I hadn't heard before occured, and, boom, the wind up in the cells.

It's a forfeit of some lightside points for the ability to continue the game.

I realized that each time I chose to simply lay down my weapons at the first opportunity.

Restarting the level again, I chose to delay that option by choosing to tell them that they'd have to make me give up the weapons.  Some dialogue with Kreia that I hadn't heard before occured, and, boom, the wind up in the cells.

It's a forfeit of some lightside points for the ability to continue the game.

I had trouble in that part too. Not that serious of a problem though. Whenever I laid down my weapons, Atton would be knocked out. Just like that. So, during the whole conversation between him and Kreia he is knocked out. So there he is, laying down on the floor taking a nap and Kreia is talking to him and he answers (Maybe he talks in his sleep. (w00t) ).

When I refuse to lay down the weapons the cutscene runs the normal way.