TO THE DEVS : Blunderous Game Mechanic Bug!

I played KOTOR 1 like a religion, I thought it was one of the best games I have ever played. I think its silly to pretend that the problems with KOTOR 2 don't exist... It was all about the money. They wanted to make their money by releasing the game before it was ready, before Christmas, and now everyone who bought the game is basically just screwed. There is not arguing it, and there is no point in debating it. It sickens me that they would do this to their customers. They had to know about at least SOME of these bugs...

All about the almighty dollar...

I've already posted this....but I think this game was slated for a later release. Most likely the publishers were pusing to get the game out the door....the developers might not have had a choice about the whole thing....so what can you do?

As far as beta testing goes....who knows. But be aware of this...just becase a game has beta testers doesn't mean the developers have time to fix the bugs the testers discover. Also...don't know if you guys were aware of this or not....but sometimes, due to money issues or other issues, the development team does their own beta testing (meaning no testing done by gamers or people outside the development team)....So that's also a possibility.

Think about it though...I mean...I'm frustrated with this buggy release too...but what is there to do? I'm sure the development team would have preferred to ship this game bug-free....Typically publishers don't care about whether the game has bugs or not. They ask "is it playable?". If the answer is yes....then out the door it goes...especially when the game is nearing it's slated release date or is past it. The rule is...if it's not a game-breaker...it's not a big enough problem to stop the game's release. The publisher has 1 goal...to make money. On the other hand, the developer wants to release a good game...so it's usually important to them that the game be playable and enjoyable... This particular game represents anywhere from one to three years of the blood, sweat, and tears of an obsidian development team.

You can be frustrated that the game is buggy....but don't be frustrated about the lack of response from Obsidian....This title belongs to Lucas Arts and there isn't much that obsidian can do to help out. Recalls and patches are up to Lucas Arts.

Obsidian made the game, so of course they have some responsibility as well. Sure they should have been given more time from Lucas, but at the same time you have to acknowledge that they screwed up in so many places on a supposed beta-tested product.

Lucas is money hungry, we all know and accept this.. but that doesn't mean that Obsidian obviously weren't skilled enough to pull off a game worthy of being a sequel to KOTOR.

I love StarWars, I love the world of the KOTOR games, but I don't love the fact that characters repeat the same dialogue all damn game, or the non-working force powers or the Nar Shadda glitch, or any of the retarded glitches most of us who have played more than twice have experienced.

Obsidian needs to take soem sor tof responsibility for their mistakes and I for one can tell you that I won't buy 3 unless Bioware does it.

I would agree that it might be and probably is more than half Lucas Art's fault. But someone has to start taking some responsibility for this, I mean its the customer that spent 50 bucks on this game that is getting screwed here (pardon my language). When you buy a video game at the store, and you open the package and play it, you are basically stuck with that game because you cannot return it for a refund. What you can do is exchange it for a copy of the same game, but that woudn't be much use here as I have seen no indication that there are any "fixed" copies in circulation. So here I am, spending $50 of my hard earned money for a product that is basically defective, and I cant even get a refund for it!! So it makes me crazy when these forum dwellers try to defend companies when it was their fault that they made or shipped a faulty product. At some point, either Lucas, or Obsidian, or BOTH need to take some responisbility here and do what is right to fix this situation, because its not fair for the customer to eat the expense for an attempt by one or two companies to make more money by releasing a game early so their big fat, golf playing, mercedes driving, executives could get a bigger Christmas bonus this year.

the excuses some of you folks come up with is just plain creepy... is almost like listening to cultists. whether you like the game or not, multiple powers and feats in kotor2 is BROKEN. now that you know that force aura/armour line of powers not work, will you choose that power on subsequent play throughs? no? why not? 'cause it is broken? if you spent three power choices on force aura then you spent possibly three levels of character generation choosing useless powers.

is not good to have useless powers and feats in a rpg where character development is a major selling point... and those of you making excuses for the obvious qa blunders of lucas/obsidian deserve the same consideration we typically give to vacuous cultist zombies.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sorry Obsidian, but as a KotOR vet I find this inexcusable.

Arf

A veteran of an entire 40 hour game, wow that takes some doing i bet?

/sarcasim off

Think most people reading this would qualify for that title ;)

Dam i am bored... can somene hook-up there x-box to there PC and make a fraps

video of K2 :)

That would have looked better if you didn't bark like a small dog and if you could have spelt "Sarcasm" correctly.

It looks like you qualify for my size 13.

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

Sorry Obsidian, but as a KotOR vet I find this inexcusable.

Arf

A veteran of an entire 40 hour game, wow that takes some doing i bet?

/sarcasim off

Think most people reading this would qualify for that title :-

Dam i am bored... can somene hook-up there x-box to there PC and make a fraps

video of K2 :devil:

That would have looked better if you didn't bark like a small dog and if you could have spelt "Sarcasm" correctly.

It looks like you qualify for my size 13.

:blink:

Nice one LordNihilus!

manthing2.jpg