Maybe the reason KOTOR 2 feels like a uncomplete

so there is a sequel

Like the empire strikes back it did not have a difinitive ending like KOTOR or the first Starwars. Its for KOTOR3 sequel people. Anyone finished half life 2. The ending was similar to the first, but so? It was a hell fun ride.

Trying to set the story up for another game does not excuse a poor ending for this one....the first one had a good ending and they pulled off a sequel to that so I'm sure the next developer (if its not Obsidian) couldve done the same

KOTOR II doesn't just leave room for a sequel, it leaves a gaping hole in the end of the story -- it doesn't have an ending, it just ends. It could have been brought off better (I do love the game, it's great, but the ending felt . . . tacked on and forced, though the rest of it is damned good writing, IMO) and still left room for a sequel. In the first one, there's a conclusion, most of the ends are wrapped up. In KOTOR II, there are no wrap ups, no diffinative endings. This game can't have a sequel, it can only have a second part. I mean, that's unrealistic to make so the only conclusions is to have a KOTOR III; but the game should be able to stand on its own and not depend on another one that *may* be coming out.

Empire Strikes Back can stand on its own as a movie. It's not finished, but it has an end that obviously leads into another movie. However, TSL doesn't have that feel. We don't know if there's gonna be another KOTOR (pray to the Gods that there is!) so it should be able to end at the end and not *need* another game. Not to say that another game can't spawn from it.

I can't really explain it I guess. But sequel to it or no sequel, the ending should have been better written, more in line with the rest of the game, which was thoroughly enjoyable (except the glitches, but I managed alright n_n)

so there is a sequel

Like the empire strikes back it did not have a difinitive ending like KOTOR or the first Starwars. Its for KOTOR3 sequel people. Anyone finished half life 2. The ending was similar to the first, but so? It was a hell fun ride.

This has been brought up before, and discussed before. To use Empire Strikes Back as a analogy is inaccurate; to use Matrix 2 is.

KotOR2 leaves many unanswered questions to your immediate situation, the story of KotOR2, unanswered. This is bad story telling. Empire Strikes Back wrapps everything up -- by the end of the movie you know exactly what happened, what and why the characters where trying to accomplish their goals and everybodies role and fate in the *immediate* story. You did not have to watch Return of the Jedi in order to understand ESB. There are questions left unanswered, but it gives the viewer the chance to ask "what's next?", just as the end of KotORI did.

Matrix 2 *requires* you to watch Matrix 3 in order to understand the motives and fates of the characters to the situations created in the 2nd movie. This is bad story telling. At the end of the movie you are left with a sense of "what the...!?". The end of KotOR2 offers a "what's next?", but a great deal is left to create many instances of "what the...!?".

If I have to buy KotOR3 in order to understand the immediate fates of certain characters in KotOR2, or why they were important to the immediate situation, then that is *very* bad story telling. That is what people are having difficulting with.