TSL Disk S/N

While I don't have the game yet (I have to wait until christmas for it), I have been noticing after reading the various posts on the section of the forum that some of you are having problems that are being fixed by disk exchanges and I was wondering if maybe alot of the problems are coming from a bad batch of burned disk. So if others would oblige and list your disk S/N then maybe we can find out if this is true. And possible finaly have a solution to the seemingly constant problems some are having. Listing both the S/N (since the s/n contains the batch number) before you exchange your disk (saying you haven't done so already, because I am sure it wasn't high on your priority list at the time to look at the s/n) and saying your new disk works also listing the s/n for that disk. Once I get the game I will also be donig this in order to maybe help give the heads up to some who are having persistent(sp?) problems.

For those who don't know where to find the serial number is on the bottom right corner of the backside of the game box.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

DVD disk id: LA02008A-LA

Disk ID (on front of disk): 3267530 (not sure if this differs).

For those who don't know where to find the serial number is on the bottom right corner of the backside of the game box.

I'm not sure that is exactly what you want. My number there is 3267501 -- which you can see is different then the ID on my disk. I think any numbers printed on the disk itself will be more accurate.

I've experienced only a few slowdowns (5 at most), only 1 major slowdown, and only when I was inside a cave (Dantooine and Korriban). 1 instance of freezing at start of battle in Dantooine Crystal Cave. No troubles beyond that.

What, exactly, is the nature of the problems fixed?  Is the framerate fixed at all?  Is it just the lockups, black screens, etc? This is, indeed, interesting...

I'll be putting up my s/n soon enough.  No X-box live, can't see how it would make a difference...

Mine is the same as boiler98-

My # 3267501 back of box

disc# 3267530

What, exactly, is the nature of the problems fixed?  Is the framerate fixed at all?  Is it just the lockups, black screens, etc? This is, indeed, interesting...

I'll be putting up my s/n soon enough.  No X-box live, can't see how it would make a difference...

some of the problems that I have heard being fixed are the workbench problem (i.e. where they just don't work), freezing up while loading, and other such problems. While some people are lucky enough to have the problem fixed by exchanging the disks it seems that some aren't as lucky. As to the framerate problems I don't think that I have heard anyone say that, that peticular problem was fixed by exchanging the disks. SO I am betting that its caused (I think it was already mentioned by someone else on these boards) by the game engine being over taxed... or something to that efect.

The reason why I started this thread was because by maybe finding out that it is a peticular batch of disks that are screwed, those who do have problems can either go to LA or maybe a game store and either get another copy or get the money back, I am not 100% sure on how things like this are handled so I am kinda winging it here, if anyone else has any ideas feel free to post them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well i decided to return the disc for another one and it has the same exact #'s on case and disc. I still have all the problems I can not use workbench, black screen, bugs ect. So i am leaning towards my xbox MFG- Date 3-22-2002 thompson drive.

I suggest that if you have a old xbox do not get the game as you will have problems wait until you can get a new xbox with the samsung drive and try it. Which sucks because all my other games work even KOTORI and KOTOR II does not??. Why did they decide to not allow live so they could have atleast made a dam patch I just don't understand. Its stupid whoever tested the game should have known how buggy, glitchy this game was and should have tested it on all xbox drives not just newer ones i paid $300.00 brand new for my xbox and really it was the dumbest thing i could have done!.

Well i decided to return the disc for another one and it has the same exact #'s on case and disc. I still have all the problems I can not use workbench, black screen, bugs ect. So i am leaning towards my xbox MFG- Date 3-22-2002 thompson drive.

I suggest that if you have a old xbox do not get the game as you will have problems wait until you can get a new xbox with the samsung drive and try it. Which sucks because all my other games work even KOTORI and KOTOR II does not??.  Why did they decide to not allow live so they could have atleast made a dam patch I just don't understand. Its stupid whoever tested the game should have known how buggy, glitchy this game was and should have tested it on all xbox drives not just newer ones i paid $300.00 brand new for my xbox and really it was the dumbest thing i could have done!.

I do not think they can actually patch the program via Live. I think it is against the rules.

I suggest that if you have a old xbox do not get the game as you will have problems wait until you can get a new xbox with the samsung drive and try it. Which sucks because all my other games work even KOTORI and KOTOR II does not??.  Why did they decide to not allow live so they could have atleast made a dam patch I just don't understand. Its stupid whoever tested the game should have known how buggy, glitchy this game was and should have tested it on all xbox drives not just newer ones i paid $300.00 brand new for my xbox and really it was the dumbest thing i could have done!.

well, my .02 on the old xbox causing the problems is this, i own a V1.0 Xbox with a thompson drive mfg Date 2-28-2002 so that makes mine 1 month older than yours (mfg date wise) i bought the xbox a little over a year ago brand new so it hasnt been in use as long as perhaps yours has, but to get to the point i have beat KotOR 2 on light side 40+ hrs playing and the game locked up 2 times in differient places and other than that has played and worked prefectly so i do not think it is a matter of the xbox version or dvd drive

its probibly related to heat, or perhaps a bad savegame file

but this is true about patches there should be a way to patch any xbox game for bugs but if you have to pay for Live in order to do so then that is lame

couse im a long time PC gamer so i have thought many things about the xbox to be lame considering its just a cheap PC with some cheap hardware, and anyone who has lots of experience in building PC's knows that if you go cheap on hardware they tend to work good for no more than 2 years MAX if they even work perfectly from the get go :p