Influence...Help?

Okay...I'm a darkside character. My darkside meter is all the way down; I'm all the way dark. Well, I understand the whole influence thing, and I want my party members to fall to the darkside along with me. Well, when I speak to my members in conversations that give you influence at the end, I try to agree with them and be nice to them. Well when I do this, I get their influence, but I also get lightside points, which I don't want. But if I say rather rude things in the conversations, I get darkside points, but I lose their influence. I was just wondering how to get my members to the darkside without getting lightside points.

While I don't have the game yet, I'll try to answer your question for you. :)

First of all, I'm sure that there's more than just "be nice" and "be rude" as options. Try manipulating them so they see your point. Don't compromise. Force them to see it while being charismatic. :) I'm sure they'll come around. . .eventually.

If all else fails, save the game then try all the options beside being fluffy and being spikey!

Enjoy your game. :)

Fnord.

While I don't have the game yet, I'll try to answer your question for you. :)

First of all, I'm sure that there's more than just "be nice" and "be rude" as options. Try manipulating them so they see your point. Don't compromise. Force them to see it while being charismatic. :) I'm sure they'll come around. . .eventually.

If all else fails, save the game then try all the options beside being fluffy and being spikey!

Enjoy your game.  :)

This is some great advice, I mean if there is some nuetral opinion use it. And you should save often anyways, so try different things out and see how it affects them! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Your characters "falling" or "redeeming" themselves has less to do with how you interect with them, and more with how you interact with the people outside your group. Although I am unsure if such influence caries to NPCs not in your party (e.g., such as exp does).

For example, I've kept Visas in my group nearly the entire time since she joined me party. In one act alone, she shot up by about 1/5 on the alignment.

Influence can be gained by talking to people alot alot alot, and you can't threaten people at all. you just have to encourage them and agree with them.

when i play, i'd rather sacrifice my own alignment rather than lose influence, because you can always get dark side points, but it's a b**** to have someone not totally devoted to you. Plus, if you get enough influence....

SPOILERS

you can train them to be a jedi. and with my philosophy, the more jedi, the better.

Well, when I speak to my members in conversations that give you influence at the end, I try to agree with them and be nice to them.  Well when I do this, I get their influence, but I also get lightside points, which I don't want.  But if I say rather rude things in the conversations, I get darkside points, but I lose their influence.  I was just wondering  how to get my members to the darkside without getting lightside points.

It is frustrating to try and be both dark and loved by your companions, especially the ones who lean towards the light side. Best advice is to try and figure out what makes each character tick. My high WIS/CHA character can *sometimes* squeeze out a conversation option that makes them happy without giving him unwanted light side points.

Teeny-tiny spoilers possible below.

Atton has been completely silent since I left Telos. He refuses to talk about anything but Pazaak. Bummer. I did hit a bug with him after the bit where he and Kreia are locked in the force cage - I was able to loop the same influence/light side gain conversation options several times in a row. Maybe I broke him? Hope not. Either way, I haven't noticed much complexity in dealing with Atton - you're either understanding and joke around with him (light side/influence gain) or you threaten and abuse him needlessly (dark side/influence lost). I have a hunch this relationship will expand later on in the game...but it feels really neglected so far.

Kreia is a manipulator and sees herself as your mentor. Despite how crafty she is, I've had a very easy time telling her what she wants to hear. It probably doesn't hurt that my PC is pragmatic, bitter and very insightful. A high awareness helps a lot with Kreia. I love having a character that you can gain both influence and dark side points with - though I hope there are some conversation options where you please Kreia with your insight and cunning while humbling her with your 'light side' morality.

The Handmaiden has a bit in common with the lawful good samurai/paladin/noble warrior mold. I've lost (too much) influence with her lately simply by being sneaky - even though I'm being sneaky to help out the good guys. I'm hoping there is some opportunity to point out the hypocrisy in her ethical system later on in the game - violence is violence no matter what rituals you mask it in. My character doesn't want to enslave or seduce her - just open her eyes to some of the ugly realities he has experienced.

Be nice to T3-M4 and he'll love you. A pity you gain light side points for it. I don't think being kind to a droid is a mark of spiritual enlightenment. I get the sense that T3 is really the only companion you can trust...which makes him all the more valuable to a dark PC.

The zabrak is another favorite NPC of mine, though he sadly seems to play second string to the others. Keep your history with him in mind and he should be pretty easy to score influence with. Great voice acting on this guy. Sure hope I can make him into a jedi.