Better Manual

Have any of you guys ever seen the Homeworld and Homeworld: Cataclysm manuels? Those manuels are absolutely the best manuels ever made in my opinion.

I've got them both...but IMHO the ones of Imperium Galactica and MoO 3 were nicer...elaborate and detailed, although the unit lists of Homeworld to rank as one of my favorites...

Unfortunately I have never played those games. I would like to however. It seems like those games are discontinued and I can no longer purchase them anywhere.

IG2 is rather old and there are some things that could have been better...MoO3 was rather bad, had too much of a star trek + windows exell feel and the battleship scenes were very poor, compared to the ones in MoO2 battle at antares...the manuals were however top notch and indeed they are discontinued, perhaps online sale? or eBay :lol:

You want a good manual? *points to the Fallout manuals*

Normally when they package the manuals as something being semi-from the game world, they sound stupid. But the Fallout manuals did a good job pulling it off. But that's not important.

They had info on what all the feats did (in-depth info; you could read the manual to find the numbers on a feat, rather than having to load up the game), and covered tons of stuff. And they were bound quite nicely too! :D

I want a better manual than KOTOR's. It doesn't have to be in color, but that would be nice. Usually, bigger manuals are better, because they cram more stuff into 'em.

And please, for the love of all things sacred, tell us the story in the manual this time. It was kinda nice having something to read during the load screens, but I'd rather save that for tips and tricks, as opposed to the background of the story I'm in the middle of.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

You want a good manual?  *points to the Fallout manuals*

Normally when they package the manuals as something being semi-from the game world, they sound stupid.  But the Fallout manuals did a good job pulling it off.  But that's not important.

They had info on what all the feats did (in-depth info; you could read the manual to find the numbers on a feat, rather than having to load up the game), and covered tons of stuff.  And they were bound quite nicely too!  :D

I want a better manual than KOTOR's.  It doesn't have to be in color, but that would be nice.  Usually, bigger manuals are better, because they cram more stuff into 'em.

And please, for the love of all things sacred, tell us the story in the manual this time.  It was kinda nice having something to read during the load screens, but I'd rather save that for tips and tricks, as opposed to the background of the story I'm in the middle of.

i quite liked the load screen stories, but maybe they cant fit them in this time as the load times are shorter :wub:

You know... You don't have to quote my entire message if that's all you're replying to. :D

Really though, what the heck happened to manuals? Manuals are usually dinky little things now that hardly tell you anything? I've gotten so used to reading the manuals really fast, then going online to find out the useful information. And until somebody brought this up, I didn't find it odd at all.

You want a good manual?  *points to the Fallout manuals*

Normally when they package the manuals as something being semi-from the game world, they sound stupid.  But the Fallout manuals did a good job pulling it off.  But that's not important.

They had info on what all the feats did (in-depth info; you could read the manual to find the numbers on a feat, rather than having to load up the game), and covered tons of stuff.  And they were bound quite nicely too!  :D

I want a better manual than KOTOR's.  It doesn't have to be in color, but that would be nice.  Usually, bigger manuals are better, because they cram more stuff into 'em.

And please, for the love of all things sacred, tell us the story in the manual this time.  It was kinda nice having something to read during the load screens, but I'd rather save that for tips and tricks, as opposed to the background of the story I'm in the middle of.

i quite liked the load screen stories, but maybe they cant fit them in this time as the load times are shorter :wub:

You know...  You don't have to quote my entire message if that's all you're replying to.  :D

Really though, what the heck happened to manuals?  Manuals are usually dinky little things now that hardly tell you anything?  I've gotten so used to reading the manuals really fast, then going online to find out the useful information.  And until somebody brought this up, I didn't find it odd at all.

your right :wub:

it should be easy to understand and have a lot of info.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Lately manuals have been these little thin pieces of crap that take hardly any time to read. I used to look forward to reading the manuals as much as I looked forward to playing the games. What happened to stuff like the Warcraft 2 manual where they had stories in the manual.

Yeah, but strategy guides suck compared to the free guides you find at GameFAQs. Why should I pay extra money for inferior bull?

And it's a STRATEGY GUIDE, not an extra manual. Strategy guides are for people too stupid to figure out how to beat the game, not for people who want to learn how to play it.