Influence Failure

How can I influence the "old witch"? I keep getting influence failures when talking to Kreia and I want to talk to her about things.

I keep getting lectures about "unnecessary kindness" (yes I'm going light side) - but I'm willing to take some dark side hits just to influence her. But every conversation I have with her ends up influence lost, or if I reload and try again and again - no influence change at all!

Right now on Nar Shadda - I end up with an idiot who claims I have the money he owes to the exchange. I tell the thugs he's lying, but everything I do (good or bad) just gets me a lecture and influence lost from Kreya.

I'm with Atton on this one, she's an "old witch".

Argh.

Patients must be you path; do not rush to war. Wait. I've got a bloody beam of light shooting out my hind end and she tells talks to me... when she is ready to talk.

You will naturally be able to get more stories out of your NPCs as the game goes on. To get better influence out of the discussions (and visiions) with Kreia you want to reply to her in a very neutal manner. Charity can just as easily cause pain, for example.

Influence is gained/lost when you are directly speaking with the NPCs and if they are in your party when you perform an action. Sometimes, not having Kreia in your party is better -- you two are linked anyway, she sees all.

I'm not very fond of the witch either.Its funny how she throws a fit every time I let someone join the party.I couldn't gain any influence with her for awhile either but recently thats starting to change.She mostly just likes you to listen to her advice and sometimes when I know she won't like my lightside answer I just end the conversation.

I am going to the dark side and I have only influenced her once.  I find that if you answer basically what she says you will suceed.  On the other hand Atton is hard to fall.

Ah, as a light side female pc who does not yet have any other competition on ship - Atton is under my spell. He was quite a pushover!

I think most all of them are push overs. I have influenced Kreia twice and I'm on the light side. I have influenced everyone in my party atleast once. Its just a matter of finding ways to manipulate them and choosing the right dialogue for them to believe you.

I have found a very good way to influence her...

You must have Visas join you group for it to work, but when she is with you...and you all are on the ebon hawk...go talk to Kreia and tell her that when Visas attacked you she did something to your eyes...then Kreia tells you to shut your eye (do it) and follow the little tiny cutscene to completion and you will have gotten influence on her...do this as much as you like...it will keep working no matter how many times you do it...you keep getting influence.

Thank you. After I got Visas, I did get this and other influence with Kreia. I didn't get what you describe, the ability to get repeated influence from the conversation, but I did finally get the conversations I wanted to.

Now, if I could only finish Nar Shardaa. - Sleep comes first though.