Battle Royale

Jumjalum

Has anyone seen this film? Its an ultraviolent version of Lord of the Flies with a class of Japanese kids taken out of a dystopian society and placed on an island with the challenge of being the last one alive by the end of 3 days. They are all given unique weapons and basically spend the film killing each other in blood-soaked ways and reflecting on their lives. I didn't understand some of what was going on, thats not unusual for my attention-challenged self, but I would highly recommend giving this film a watch. Beat Takeshi stars as their teacher, who I only know from the show Takeshi's castle although I've heard he's made some excellent gangster films.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Its fun, its silly, its gory, its weird -everything a japenese film should be.

..there's a sequel but apparently is hasnt made its way from asia yet

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "