Feats At the Start.

Have you heard about the power called "force break" if not try and check it out  :ninja:

And i honestly dont know what version you have but in my version Malak knows how to use it, not that it matters much because his dead to soon to actually use it much.  :cool:

I presume you are referring to 'Force breach'? Yes, I know of it. And no, Malak only uses it if you are beyond melee range, if not, he just pounds at you with his lightsaber. And even if he uses it, even better, 1 free round to land 50+ damage on his sorry ass. If he tears my force powers down, I retreat, bring them up again, and proceed to mop the floor with the Dark Lord. Simple, really. :geek:

But, anyways with a handy life drain he isnt really worth much when you can dry suck all his hp tanks.

He would have been more challenging if he had dual wield, instead of his 1-2attacks per round.

But, anyways with a handy life drain he isnt really worth much when you can dry suck all his hp tanks.

Oddly enough, you could 'deactivate droid' on his hp tanks... ^_^

He would have been more challenging if he had dual wield, instead of his 1-2attacks per round.

Hmm... considering he dealt near 50 dmg on each attack and always landed his blows, that would have been a challenge. Or maybe just cheap, dunno.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oddly enough, you could 'deactivate droid' on his hp tanks... ^_^

Hmm... considering he dealt near 50 dmg on each attack and always landed his blows, that would have been a challenge. Or maybe just cheap, dunno.

The dmg is that hard for him to get at 50 if you dont have energy shield on, +10power attack +2specialization +5/8strengh then you only need around 30-33 on saber which can be done with right set of crystals.

Afterall he is Gaurdian so they are very melee minded.

As was pointed out,wasn't really said what the PC has been doing. Everyone's welcome to their POV and I can respect yours. Personally I'd rather a meele and ranged weapon feats be up to the person creating the character to place because more often then not they're going to unused and could have been better used else where in those cases.

Oh, come on, we all know that lapsed Jedi become mercs :lol:. Maybe a pilot for hire would be a possibility as well, but the game mechanics really wouldn't accomodate this choice. A former Sentinel might have worked as some kind of mechanic, but the other 2 Jedi classes surely not. Basically, there is a restricted number of job skills a defrocked Jedi would have and for a war veteran, fighting skills would be the most honed and useful.

Re: starting weapon feats. The problem here is that we don't know when we'd get the lightsaber feat and find our first lightsaber, thus we'd need some other fighting feat. But on Peragus one can't use firearms, so leaving it up to player's choice might result in an unplayable character. Imagine a Consular with a blaster pistol skill fighting his way through Peragus bare-handed. Would be pretty frustrating to say the least. Also, this time around there'd be some reason to use different weapon tipes at least occasionally, since we'd have an alternative weapons slot.

So, I'd say at least a basic melee weapon feat should be included in the character makeup by default and maybe one or more firearms skills as well.

As was pointed out,wasn't really said what the PC has been doing. Everyone's welcome to their POV and I can respect yours. Personally I'd rather a meele and ranged weapon feats be up to the person creating the character to place because more often then not they're going to unused and could have been better used else where in those cases.

Oh, come on, we all know that lapsed Jedi become mercs :lol:. Maybe a pilot for hire would be a possibility as well, but the game mechanics really wouldn't accomodate this choice. A former Sentinel might have worked as some kind of mechanic, but the other 2 Jedi classes surely not. Basically, there is a restricted number of job skills a defrocked Jedi would have and for a war veteran, fighting skills would be the most honed and useful.

Re: starting weapon feats. The problem here is that we don't know when we'd get the lightsaber feat and find our first lightsaber, thus we'd need some other fighting feat. But on Peragus one can't use firearms, so leaving it up to player's choice might result in an unplayable character. Imagine a Consular with a blaster pistol skill fighting his way through Peragus bare-handed. Would be pretty frustrating to say the least. Also, this time around there'd be some reason to use different weapon tipes at least occasionally, since we'd have an alternative weapons slot.

So, I'd say at least a basic melee weapon feat should be included in the character makeup by default and maybe one or more firearms skills as well.

Wow, now you get me worried id have to dispense point into useless skills i wouldnt need later in the game, bah really hope this wont be the case, hate having 4-5feats i can use for anything later in game.

Oh, come on, we all know that lapsed Jedi become mercs . Maybe a pilot for hire would be a possibility as well, but the game mechanics really wouldn't accomodate this choice. A former Sentinel might have worked as some kind of mechanic, but the other 2 Jedi classes surely not. Basically, there is a restricted number of job skills a defrocked Jedi would have and for a war veteran, fighting skills would be the most honed and useful.

Do we even know the character took on a job? Of any kind? He/She might have simply lived on the edge of the galaxy in a "normal" type of life,we don't know the circumstances around the character's life after the exile. And where I can see perhaps a Guardian being a Merc,A Con? Pry not. And the Guardian could have just been a Bouncer in a Cantina where he/she ruffed drunks up. :p;)

Where that's true:

A)Nothing saying the Devs are going to make it easy on us.

B)We have other party members.

Hmm,maybe the melee. But even that I'd rather not have. The firearm is a waste unless you're going to play with blasters through out the game. Which is fine if that's how you want to play but I'd rather that choice be in the players hands.

And where I can see perhaps a Guardian being a Merc,A Con? Pry not. And the Guardian could have just been a Bouncer in a Cantina where he/she ruffed drunks up. :-  :)

Why not? A Jedi, even cut from the Force, would have great reflexes and physical conditioning and much from lightsaber combat can be applied to normal melee fighting. And as our char also has actively participated in the wars, it would make sense for him to have other martial skills as well.

<snip>

Where that's true:

A)Nothing saying the Devs are going to make it easy on us.

B)We have other party members.

It would be pretty hard on players who don't follow the previews and wouldn't know that they can't use firearms on Peragus or don't get their lightsaber at once. Hard and unfair, IMHO. Either that or Peragus would have to be a complete walkover, which would be boring.

Hmm,maybe the melee. But even that I'd rather not have. The firearm is a waste unless you're going to play with blasters through out the game. Which is fine if that's how you want to play but I'd rather that choice be in the players hands.

How can an additional default feat be a waste? I never used firearms with my PC in KOTOR1, nor power attacks or heavy/medium armor feats that came from starting as a Soldier. But since it didn't reduce the number of feats I could chose, I couldn't care less. OTOH, I would strongly dislike it if I'd be forced to spend some of the meager amount of feats my Consular would get in KOTOR2 on things that would be only useful in the beginning of the game.

Re: party members. We don't know how soon we'd pick them up.... And it would be extremely tedious if I'd have to hold my PC back, completely passive for however long... just because I chose wrong feats while starting up.

Why not? A Jedi, even cut from the Force, would have great reflexes and physical conditioning and much from lightsaber combat can be applied to normal melee fighting. And as our char also has actively participated in the wars, it would make sense for him to have other martial skills as well.

Very true,but Cons were less about fighting then the other classes. So where I have no doubt a Con could fight,I doubt a person who was one would search out a line of work like a Merc.

It would be pretty hard on players who don't follow the previews and wouldn't know that they can't use firearms on Peragus or don't get their lightsaber at once. Hard and unfair, IMHO. Either that or Peragus would have to be a complete walkover, which would be boring.

Unfair? How? I'm sure there will be something in the game to say that firearms aren't allowed on Peragus and why. And there are a lot of ways things could be worked to balance the fighting until you gained a lightsaber,or some other weapon of your choice. Besides what's to say you couldn't use a weapon without the feat? Just wouldn't be as good with it,could still fight and win.

How can an additional default feat be a waste? I never used firearms with my PC in KOTOR1, nor power attacks or heavy/medium armor feats that came from starting as a Soldier. But since it didn't reduce the number of feats I could chose, I couldn't care less.

It's a waste because there a number of feats that they could be used for instead of on something that'll be used once or twice and then never touched again. Which is why I am in favor of letting the player select more then one feat at the start. When you create your character,have maybe 4 or 5 preset class feats and then 4 or 5 feats the player then selects based on how they want to create their character.

OTOH, I would strongly dislike it if I'd be forced to spend some of the meager amount of feats my Consular would get in KOTOR2 on things that would be only useful in the beginning of the game.

:geek: Why I'm an fan of putting the choice in the players hand.

Re: party members. We don't know how soon we'd pick them up.... And it would be extremely tedious if I'd have to hold my PC back, completely passive for however long... just because I chose wrong feats while starting up

T3,Atton,Kreia,at least will all be on P.Station. So there's some back up to help until your character gets their feet planted.