Prestige Classes

It would be cool if you could maybe get a "special" lightsaber like Dooku's when you advance to these prestige classes.  Would at least be something to think about...other than that I hope the Prestige classes are more refined than to be just an advanced form of the previous three classes.....

I know what you mean but I still think that's all they will be. After Fable... I'm not willing to get my hopes up on ground breaking stuff.

reaches for a tissue

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

I actually hope they limit your choice, I find it a bit strange if you start out as a force user and are a wimp at using your lightsaber and then suddenly you can become a powerhouse lightsaber fighter, it would be cool if they would limit your choices depending on your stats so if your strength/dexterity wasn

I actually hope they limit your choice, I find it a bit strange if you start out as a force user and are a wimp at using your lightsaber and then suddenly you can become a powerhouse lightsaber fighter, it would be cool if they would limit your choices depending on your stats so if your strength/dexterity wasn

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Well, that

Or even have feat requirements.  Since I don't know enough about the prestige classes to go into detail as to what these requirements could be, I will spare the community my rambling.

In D&D, typically, prestige classes have several requirements, generally including character level, minimum skills, attributes and requisite feats. Also they may include some method of becoming that prestige class and there may be a required alignment. For example, to become a Drunken Master, you may have to have a minimum dexterity and constitution, as well as a certain minimum skill ranks in tumble, have certain feats like Mobility, Dodge, and Unarmed Strike, as well as be initiated by a group of drunken masters.

So hopefully they go into it like that in this game, although this is sort of wishful thinking. For example, to be a Jedi Master, you could need at least a 14 Wisdom, at least a half-way up light side alignment, minimum of 5 ranks in Persuade, and the feats Master Sense and Force Focus (which they would have to let you choose even if you're a guardian, unlike in KOTOR1). For Jedi Weaponmaster, they could require Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber, some minimum base attack bonus, some minimum strength/dexterity, and a halfway up good alignment. For a Watchman, its harder to say, but they would definitely have an intelligence minimum, and perhaps a minimum skill set, like at least 5 ranks in awareness or something.

Similar for Sith Lords, maybe Lord would be similar to Jedi Master, Marauder would be similar to Weaponmaster, plus maybe requiring Dark Side Rage, and Assassin would have like a minimum of 5 ranks in Security, Stealth and Awareness.

I dunno, those are my thoughts. Feel free to comment or argue.