Prestige Classes

:o

Ok so... first off KOTOR2 sounds amazing and all the stuff I've read to day has exploded my mind....

Of the many things i've read were the prestige classes, ( The sith and jedi each have three ) and i still don't know what they actually do. Being a sith lord and jedi master sound basic... but what does say, a sith marauder or a jedi watchmen have for special abilities??

I agree with you, I would hope they have more special abilities and such than be just an expansion of the begging classes.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

i think it all elementary as long as you get an assortment of fighting footware

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

yes.. teh prestige classes give you special abilites and techiniques that other classes can not do.

What is very intersting is that since you have the different classes then DS and LS will be more defined in this game. WHat i mean is, to be a sith assasin, you must obviously be in cahoots with a sith academy or base.

In the first game you were a Jedi guardian, consular, or sentinal who turned to teh darkside but was taught at a JEdi academy.

Perhaps in this game you will be able to go to a Jedi OR sith base and take a special training course where you chose to advance to a specified prestige class.

That woudl offer a much deeper rift between LS and DS that teh first game lacked

Or getting evil boots what is up with the no evil boots thing?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Also, I do not remember if I heard this issue somewhere else, but is the Jedi Watchmen specifically made for KOTOR? Or is there a Watchmen in the SW series?

:ph34r:

The Jedi Watchman was established as being part of the SW universe in the TOTJ comic series. Apparently, they had a responsiblity either to protect an entire planet, or a star system. I don't know exactly how they'd implement something like this in TSL, but I'm anxious to see how it would be done. I'm actually probably going to pick this class on my first playthrough.

:) Very interesting, if that is true sick.. a jedi watchman should be a good first pick. I would like to try it... but unfortunately the lure of the dark side is too great for my "weak" mind and i'll prolly end up being a Sith Lord or Marauder. :) What would be a lot of fun, whether your a lord, master or a watchman ( gaurding a plant/star system) is if there came responsibilities such as teaching at an academy or having decisions you can make to affect major battles/dialogue.

I was wondering.... if you become a Sith Lord.. then kill off Sion and become the leader of teh Sith assasins or the prestige class (Sith Assassin) itself? Would you be able to assinate/bounty hunt people? There are bounty hunter weapons in the game now.. maybe thats a clue ^^ who knows :p

I'm actually curious to see how you actually physically acquire your prestige class. Does a Jedi Master/Sith Lord show up at a certain point and let you choose or is it shaped by the skills and force powers you choose.

Wouldn't it be cool if depending on your choices, if Revan were the one to "officially" grant you your prestige class?

Interesting thought... I'd assume to be a Jedi master or Sith lord you'd have to be at the max of your spectrum and maybe even kill one of the lords to take his/her place. As for say watchman and marauder, lets all hope there is cool sith academies and jedi council training for those. :rolleyes: Would add a nice char development to the game.

Sith Maurader all the way baby. I'll use a bad az double bladed red lightsaber and call myself Darth Maul... oh wait that's taken........

I'm pretty sure that the classes are all available at one point. Kinda like if your a lightsider, at one point you pick between the three lightside classes. And the same for the Dark side, after the choice it's probably not redoable.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

It doesn't at all matter if my martial footware suggestions happen

you got a point, and hoodies too though, also selecting hair lenthg and style, and lets not forget teh mother f'in bad azs TaTOOS, hey it woudl be hot to have tatoos whether your LS OR DS!

Are you all drooling for a FAble fasion system mixed with the KOTOR license?

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

no just good shoes

no just good shoes

Well I'm just happy that we can use out hoods now, and that our robes flap in the wind. It fils the atmospher all by itself!

hows about fable sucks.. and hows about tatoos, shoes dotn matter tattoes DO!

Fable didn't suck it was just nowhere near what it could have been (Sighs as the sound of a thousand hopes and ambitons shatter to the floor) nor was it as good as KOTOR 1, which still holds its spot as best all around RPG in my book, and now that eye of mine has turned towards its sequal.

Tats for Sith, Shoes for those Jedi babies.

ya there are few thing in life better then a comfortable robe

ya there are few thing in life better then a comfortable robe

Oh I hear that! None of those, I'm cramped in this thing KOTOR stuff! I want the wind through my hair amplified by the tunneling of my lose (hooded) robe!

It would be cool if you could maybe get a "special" lightsaber like Dooku's when you advance to these prestige classes. Would at least be something to think about...other than that I hope the Prestige classes are more refined than to be just an advanced form of the previous three classes.....

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud