Changes/Improvements

I have read a lot of what people would like to see in KOTOR II, and they are great suggestions. But here are some things that I didn't see.

FIGHTING

The first game was amazing, but I think that the fighting system really needs to be improved. In KOTOR, you pushed a button and sat there waiting seconds for the other guy to die. You couldn't really control his fighting. 1) In KOTOR II, there should be a fighting button where you press it and he swings his/her blade or whatever weapon. And when you press it in succession, he can do combos; gets you more involved in combat and lets you make the decisions. 2) There should totally be a defend/block button so you aren't standing there getting hit and can't do anything about it (like in KOTOR).

FORCE POWERS AND USEABLE ITEMS

I liked all the force powers and the items that you could get. I do also agree with lots of other people that there should be new ones, but keep the old ones too. The game should thus be longer so you can maximaize the level for each one. But down to the real stuff. These two traits go hand-in-hand, in my opinion. 3) To make selecting each easier, the d-pad should be used; pushing the up/down button scrolls through foce and left/right scrolls through items ro vice versa.

PEOPLE

Make the faces of people look realistic. I mean, they practically looked stone faced with no emotion. And when you are talking to someone, their mouth should look like it is making the words, not just going up and down.

SWOOP BIKE

If there is more racing in the next game, make the bike you have upgradeable.

And anything else that would make the game get the Best Game of The Year Award.

I like your ideas but I'm just going to comment on a few of them:

The fighting - I do think it would be fun to be able to command your PC in battle but this predetermind fighting is original and I like the chance Bioware took to make it this way. To many Star Wars games are the traditional button mashing.

Force Powers - The games are built so that the AI is not too hard and not too easy. By being able to maximize your Jedi's Force powers would also mean the AI would be able to have force powers maximized. Developers have to find a happy medium so they don't add what is not necessary. I think better visual effects would help make your Force Powers feel more powerful.

I do like your idea about the D-Pad. It should definately be used more largely in KOTORII

Faces - I would also like to see some more animation in faces. Although great for the first game I think another game with the same animations will get tiersome.

Swoop Racing - Would be a nice addition to the game.

Alot of these things have already been covered. This is an RPG, not an FPS. No defend button or attack button nonsense. The only good utilized system I can think of offhand like that would probably be Legend of Dragoon (they sorta have attack button and that works). Never put the attack button in KOTOR. NEVER.

You shouldn't be able to maximize all your force powers. I mean, where's the choice in that. That would make the game alot more boring. Especially if you can still maximize all as a guardian. (consulars should only get around 2/3-3/4 powers maximized if that). The swoop racing idea has been mentioned alot. ALOT. Infact there has been at least one whole thread dedicated to it.

If the game gets too long it gets boring no matter how good it is.If they have 1.5 times as many powers in TSL, you're going to need like 80 levels to max it out. That would be awful. Besides, 80 LEVELS!!!!!!!!

The realistic faces would be nice, but only if the team has extra time left over. i doubt that will happen.

Alot of these things have already been covered. This is an RPG, not an FPS. No defend button or attack button nonsense. The only good utilized system I can think of offhand like that would probably be Legend of Dragoon (they sorta have attack button and that works). Never put the attack button in KOTOR. NEVER.

You shouldn't be able to maximize all your force powers. I mean, where's the choice in that. That would make the game alot more boring. Especially if you can still maximize all as a guardian. (consulars should only get around 2/3-3/4 powers maximized if that). The swoop racing idea has been mentioned alot. ALOT. Infact there has been at least one whole thread dedicated to it.

If the game gets too long it gets boring no matter how good it is.If they have 1.5 times as many powers in TSL, you're going to need like 80 levels to max it out. That would be awful. Besides, 80 LEVELS!!!!!!!!

The realistic faces would be nice, but only if the team has extra time left over. i doubt that will happen.

What he said :unsure:

SiO2

Alot of these things have already been covered.  This is an RPG, not an FPS.  No defend button or attack button nonsense.  The only good utilized system I can think of offhand like that would probably be Legend of Dragoon (they sorta have attack button and that works).  Never put the attack button in KOTOR.  NEVER.

You shouldn't be able to maximize all your force powers.  I mean, where's the choice in that.  That would make the game alot more boring.  Especially if you can still maximize all as a guardian.  (consulars should only get around 2/3-3/4 powers maximized if that).  The swoop racing idea has been mentioned alot.  ALOT.  Infact there has been at least one whole thread dedicated to it.

If the game gets too long it gets boring no matter how good it is.If they have 1.5 times as many powers in TSL, you're going to need like 80 levels to max it out.  That would be awful.  Besides, 80 LEVELS!!!!!!!!

The realistic faces would be nice, but only if the team has extra time left over.  i doubt that will happen.

What he said :unsure:

What he said, and yes, swoops will be upgradeable...