ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

So Hurley wasa patient in the loony bin.  That was a cool episode.  I'm hooked again already.  Next weeks episode looks to have the raft people.

Looks like I was wrong about that one after all :p

I think it's better that he was... also does this mean he's the character on "meds" that are soon to be empty? :p

We don't know about the woman Jack was going to marry. In the hatch we saw the number 108. The numbers add up to 108.

I rather liked the episode. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Here is some speculation. These aren't spoilers, but rather just my guesses.

• This Aussie, Desmond is responsible for both Jack's wife/fiance miraculously walking, and Locke walking.
  • The driver that died in the ER is Shannon's father I do believe. His name was Rutherford.
  • Walt wasn't actually there. He communicated with Shannon through telepathy, or something like it.
  • The whispers of the others is also a psychic phenomenon if you ask me. That's why even Danielle never saw the Others.
  • Desmond hasn't been in the hatch very long. He has a modern gun, and a modern drug delivery system, yet the computers in the hatch are about 30 years old. Random note, but quarantine is French for 40 days I do believe. The survivors have been on the island exactly 40 days at this point according to the writers.
  • I think Desmond is a miracle worker of sorts. But he works his miracles through technology, since Abrams said everything on the show can be explained.
  • The explanation is nanites. The black cloud is a bunch of nanites. It explains how Locke was healed, the quarantine, the vaccine, the "sickness", etc.
  • There is more than one monster. The first monster Locke thought was beautiful. It also didn't attack him. The black cloud did.
  • Desmond is only holding a gun to Locke's head to disarm Jack. I think Desmond has no qualms with Locke and Locke knows where Kate is.

The writers said we wouldn't understand the hatch until Episode 3, which will be a Locke flashback episode. We know that Katey Segal has been hired to act in that episode. She will be Helen, presumably the girl that Locke was talking to on the phone in "Walkabout".

So episode 2 will probably deal with the raft. We'll find out what happened to Jin, Michael and Sawyer.

Actually I wasn't referring to the woman Jack did(n't?) marry. I meant the guy that Jack talked to about her condition. Kind of cro mag, played an ****. He seemed familiar but I couldn't place him.

I like your points, Ender.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Mostly on the same page with you ender and good call on the Shannons father thing.

I'd add that, due to Locke slowly lossing feeling at times, I think the nano tech isn't quite perfect. I'd suggest it failed Jacks wife/soon-to-be wife eventually and she died somehow.

What would be cool is if the nanites aren't quite under control. Maybe they only understand basic commands from a dated computer. You people are smart.

Any guesses about the magnet?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

What would be cool is if the nanites aren't quite under control.  Maybe they only understand basic commands from a dated computer.  You people are smart.

Any guesses about the magnet?

I'd also like to add that I think he has spinal issues too, and he is taking the drugs to slow the "effects" of the not-so-perfect nanites

The magnets is to "catch" the nanites

The light, I assume, harms the dark nanities or confuses them or something

Maybe the nanities crashed the plane by taking it apart

Some people suggested the magnent brought the plane down, but if the magnent was that strong, it would take down the hatch as well.

I've heard we will know why the plane crashed by the season 2 finale.

I agree that the magnent is for the nanites.

The light may just be so that Desmond can keep the element of surprise.