No TOOLSET!?!?!

:p

Honestly, I myself don't see what the big deal about a toolset are... They could be fun, yeah, but in the case of most people I've encountered, including myself, it's either too complicated to learn or there's simply no time to learn and/or use it. So, I for one could care less if they put in a toolset or not and I'd be most upset if they, as suggested, delayed the game for one more year or so just in order to include a toolset :). Then, again, maybe that's just me :). After all, I think of the story as the most important thing of whatever game I play, not what follows with the game itself, so to speak...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

For wanting to let this topic bury itself Gsccc you sure made a bunch of consecutive follow up posts. :p

lol yea, guess i just hate it when idiots make stupid remarks. I'll admit my first one was stupid, i was tired and did indeed need a nap. I worked late lastnight. Seriously though, no hard feelings as long as no one else flames me, I mean come one we were over this like 5 hours ago.

I finished KOTOR twice and can't be arsed to start a third game anymore. The game has become boring to me now. If they won't/can't release a Worldbuilder to KOTOR 2 I probably won't buy the game. KOTOR is now collecting dust in my closet after I played it twice. That isn't worth 50 Euro.

Well, that's a shame. But there are obviously a lot of people who are willing to pay 50 euros (or $50 -- what's the current exchange rate, anyway?) for a game without a toolset.

The economics of including toolsets are questionable. There seems to be strong price resistance to anything over $60 or so, toolset or not. They'd have to get a lot more sales from including a toolset to justify doing the work.

Assuming LA would let them do that in the first place, and I'm not sure they would.

Yet all this didn't stop Bioware to create/release their Aurora Toolset to the public. I've created hundreds of areas/quests and I still enjoy doing it.

Sure, the learning curve was (or is) pretty high but I still managed to learn bits and pieces and created lots.

The things that can make a game more interesting and/or last much longer then the average game is a Toolset/Worldbuilder or whatever you want to call it.

KOTOR was lots of fun when I started playing it for the first time. I probably solved 95% of the quests. Then I started a new character but (to me anyhow) most characters are alike.

50 Euro is alot of cash and I don't have a tree with money growing on it. Once KOTOR 2 has been released then I'll have a look at a friend to see how the game really is. I think 50 Euro is about $48

Games are getting more and more expensive and there will be a time when I will stop buying games and only be able to play them a few times before they become boring.

Ah well...

Welcome back; your last visit was: Jan 4 2005, 09:53 AM

The subject of the toolset has been covered extensivelly in the Bio boards and the Devs at OE have already stated that there won't be any toolset included (in this thread and in others as well).

To the topic starter: please do a little bit of research before creating a new topic.

The subject of the toolset has been covered extensivelly in the Bio boards and the Devs at OE have already stated that there won't be any toolset included (in this thread and in others as well).

To the topic starter: please do a little bit of research before creating a new topic.

Thank you captain obvious.

To the topic starter: please do a little bit of research before  creating a new topic.

Thank you captain obvious.

If you can't take criticism and some advice ever once in while, then why are you creating a topic.

Probably you thought everybody would agree with you, but keep in mind that not everyone shares your views or you opinions.

PS: Please grow up.

To the topic starter: please do a little bit of research before