The role of HK-47

Almost everyone wants to be a master. It would for me be a more unique experience if the player was the apprentice. Bastila definitely wasn't much of a master. More like an annoying reminder. However, having your former PC Revan be master would be very interesting. I would like to see what he thinks of Malak now that he has 5 years to think back on it, if Malak is even mentioned. He should if you ask me.

I would prefer Bastila as an initial party member instead of that annoying droid.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

If my theory is correct HK-47 would not be a party member at the start, just giving instructions to T3 (you).

When the action switches to the PC it will probably be some time before you get back to the Ebon Hawk and add T3 to your party. HK might be their too, but I suspect he may be hostile.

I hope he is not hostile. The thing is, if T3 was giving us the tutorial, then we need a translator. I don't think even Revan understood what T3 was saying, so I'd guess HK might be giving translation. This would make sense, since HK is more of a battle droid than a utilty droid.

Revan could understand T3.

T3 isn't giving the tutorial, you are T3 in the tutorial. HK is probably the tutor.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

maybe hk is behind the recent droid attackers.  maybe he programmed them with assasination  programming just to have fun watching those meatbags be killed by their own droids :p

I doubt HK would reprogram the droids "for fun". He might do it if it was the best way to carry out his assassination protocol, particularly if the target was a powerful jedi like Kreia.

Alteritively, HKs assassination protocols could be downloaded to the Peragus droids by mistake.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Oh geez... I can just imagine it. Your PC walks in and discovers a broken HK droid. Upon activating it, you learn that its memory had been wiped and it has no recollections how it got there. When tinkering with it, you discover a recording of a female voice talking to some Master about a secret weapon. Sounds of fighting ensues, and the female voice says: You dare betray us?...fades into static.

I wouldn't mind having HK as a first party member.

If my theory is correct HK-47 would not be a party member at the start, just giving instructions to T3 (you).

When the action switches to the PC it will probably be some time before you get back to the Ebon Hawk and add T3 to your party. HK might be their too, but I suspect he may be hostile.

He has always been hostile! Now that he no longer relies on your primitive maintainance skills, he need not hide it! ;)

manthing2.jpg

He has always been hostile! Now that he no longer relies on your primitive maintainance skills, he need not hide it! ;)

:lol:

While I don't have the quote, Obsidian has neither confirmed nor denied the rumour that it is HK-47.

I was just reading the new XBN, and in it, it was said that HK is back and that he will be causing havok on the peragus station.

"You're a very, very bad man, HK-47. The meatbag-hating protocol droid returns, and you'll meet him on Peragus...."

"Needless to say, both utility droid T3-M4 and protocol droid HK-47, non-player characters from the original Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Rebulic return in a spectacular way in Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Rebulic II The Sith Lords. This time, however, developer Obsidian is putting speacial emphasis on the droids, ensuring they'll have plenty of time in the spot light. Players will have to control T3-M4 for exstended periods on peragus, unlocking many areas inaccessible to the main character. As for the meatbag-loathing HK-47 - hie role on Peragus and the megaton-bomb-like impact it has are something the players will be talking about for years to come."

Both quotes listed above are from the October issue of XBN magazine.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

While I don't have the quote, Obsidian has neither confirmed nor denied the rumour that it is HK-47.

I was just reading the new XBN, and in it, it was said that HK is back and that he will be causing havok on the peragus station.

"You're a very, very bad man, HK-47. The meatbag-hating protocol droid returns, and you'll meet him on Peragus...."

"Needless to say, both utility droid T3-M4 and protocol droid HK-47, non-player characters from the original Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Rebulic return in a spectacular way in Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Rebulic II The Sith Lords. This time, however, developer Obsidian is putting speacial emphasis on the droids, ensuring they'll have plenty of time in the spot light. Players will have to control T3-M4 for exstended periods on peragus, unlocking many areas inaccessible to the main character. As for the meatbag-loathing HK-47 - hie role on Peragus and the megaton-bomb-like impact it has are something the players will be talking about for years to come."

Both quotes listed above are from the October issue of XBN magazine.

So I guess that all the "HK type droid" sayings can just be scrapped now? I need some real confirmation, rather than a magazine quote.

I was thinking maybe Revan left a message for someone to find with the droids like Leia did in New Hope. Just a theory.

I kinda like this theory.

Sort of a "if any of my former soldiers are still alive, here's my droids and ship for you to save the galaxy" type thing. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)