Are we going to talk Football?

kumquatq3

OMG WOWSERS!

The Giants are 2-1 even with the worst coach ever! Give the players a special award 'cause anyone who can win with thatc rappy guy deserves it!

Your defense is looking pretty good. I think the Giants have more talent than people give them credit for.

I'm also impressed with what the Giants 'D' has done since the debacle in Philly. Had to figure they would get off to a slow start, though. They replaced 6 of the starters in the front 7 (everyone but Strahan). Now that the whole unit is getting used to working together (and there's some depth of rotation along the line), the run defense and pass rush look pretty good.

They're strong at the corner with Will Petersen and Will Allen (who has recovered from his disastrous outing in week 1) starting, plus Terry Cousin as a respectable #3. Safety is a weakpoint, though. There's the savvy-but-slow Brent Alexander at FS and now rookie Gibril Wilson at SS. He's been impressive for a 5th-rounder, but that doesn't mean that they won't miss Shawn Williams.

The rather large caveat here is that they have performed well against the Redskins and Browns-- hardly offensive powerhouses. Next week in Green Bay is the real test.

Overall, I think that 8-8 is within reach for this team.

Oh, and kumquat, Volo is referring to Coach Coughlin. He aired his grievances about him a few pages back.

OMG OMG The Giants win AGAIN with the CRAPPIEST coach EVAR!

This is certainly a classic case of good news, bad news!

yea, it must really suck having a new coach that is actually getting the Giants to play real football, instead of giving up every game like last year. :rolleyes:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"yea, it must really suck having a new coach that is actually getting the Giants to play real football, instead of giving up every game like last year. "

Players ar eplaying good INSPITE of the coach not because of the coach.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Everyone hurts Brett Favre. The guy is a walking cripple.

But he is walking, which is more than I can say for most of my team. And you guys gave him his traditional "I got hurt, so I'm throwing a TD pass on the next play" TD pass.

Anyways, I wonder if he will start next week or not. His streak and all.

Whats with the Giants hurting big name QBs anyways?

Heh. Brett Favre is awesome. He's one of my faves... when he's not playing the Giants.. LOL

As for them hurting QBs... well.. that's what happens when you have 300+lb men charging a single man...

I would like to say I think the refs protecting the Qb's is getting a little out of hand I have seen some questionable roughing the passer calls this year.

Me too, but would you rather being seeing questionable non-calls?

I think I'm going to start making picks on Thur or Fri.

Maybe we should do a "mother-in-law" pick (a pick so sure you would bet your mother-in-laws money on it). If your right, you survive the week. Keep going till one person is left or the superbowl.

Whatcha think?

Me too, but would you rather being seeing questionable non-calls?

Well I know the QB is an important position but come on it is football. Every other person on the field has to actually worry about getting hit. Remember it is against the rules to hit a QB that slides to a stop after running. Well why are they allowed to run? Already this season I have seen to many flags thrown because of continuation the QB lets go of the ball just before the defender gets there and he is just supposed to stop, with another 250 to 300 pound guy pushing on him. The QB also has the most limited hit zone, don't even think about touching his head or hitting him low you have to hit is mid section. Name one other position that has that luxury? Thats right the place kicker heh but he is only out there for a few plays, the Qb is out there for almost the whole game.

Picks:

Lions over Atlanta (my upset pick)

NY over Dallas

Minnesota over Houston

Indy over Oakland

New England over Miami

Saints over Tampa

Clevland over Pittsburgh

NYjets over Buffalo

Jacksonville over San Diego

Denver over Carolina

Arizona over San Fran

Seattle over St. Louis

oops forgot this game (thur): Baltimore over Washington

MONDAY:

Green Bay over Titans ( I assume both QBs will play)

Well I know the QB is an important position but come on it is football.  Every other person on the field has to actually worry about getting hit.

uh, every other person on the field has full pads... QBs don't. their pads (and helmets) are MUCH lighter for obvious reasons... if they get hit as hard as anybody else, they're toast.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

This is and always will be a game of contact, and as it goes today QBs have a huge advantage when it comes to being hit. I have seen at least 2 questionable calls just last week. I don't want to see linemen deliberately trying to take a guys head off but a face mask to face mask hit just after the ball is releast is acceptable. Hell how old is Vinny Testeverde again? I don't know a whole lot of other positions that let a person play that long.(there are exceptions Jerry Rice and a few others but they are few and far between.)

Picks week 5:

Atlanta over Detroit

New England over Miami

New Orleans over Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh over Cleveland

Minnesota over Houston

Dallas over Giants

Indy over Oakland

Jacksonville over San Diego

Buffalo over Jets (My Upset pick - the bills are due for a win)

San Francisco over Arizona

Seattle over St. Louis

Carolina over Denver

Baltimore over Washington

Green Bay over Tennessee

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"you're taking dallas?

gutsy."

Not really. They're playing a team who has the worst coach EVAR!

"Warner's due for a 6 interception game, too."

He's not playing for St. Louis anymore. Besides, if the Giants lose, I blame the coach. Always.

Anyways, my surefire pick this week is Atlanta at home vs. Detroit. No contest. Game over.

I think everones sure fire pick this week should be the Pats over the Dolphins.

Not gonna be pretty

Indianapolis over Oakland will be even uglier. The Dolphins D might keep them in the game for awhile (assuming they haven't totally given up on the season yet).

As for Dallas, they can't expect Testaverde to keep winning games with his (rather creaky) arm alone. Unless some semblance of a running game emerges, I doubt he'll last past week 8.

Anyways, my surefire pick this week is Atlanta at home vs. Detroit. No contest. Game over.

Careful. This is the team that just barely squeezed by the Cardinals and 49ers. The Lions got a good as shot as those teams do.

I agree, Atlanta has struggled but won. Detroit has looked very improved. You never know?

- Steven Erikson