Are we going to talk Football?

kumquatq3

Hesitantly comes forward.

Go Falcons!

*runs away again*

You better run!

If it weren't for Vick you guys would be in serious trouble.

TripleRRR

Yeah, but Vick is practically a football team in and of himself.

I've never seen anyone move like that guy.

Still, not really a Falcons fan. How are the Jags shaping up?

I think the defense will be very good (the weakness being the secondary), but grossman needs time to grow and terrall isn't exactly who I want the ball going to

Quarterback has always been a weak position for the bears so they are trying something new even McMahon was not a superstar as far as quarterbacks go. Their defense is usually good, unfortunatly better than average quarterbacks tend to pick their secondary apart.(a guy named Bret Farve comes to mind, dang cheese heads.)

krenzel gots no chance of being a regular starter in the nfl. average arm, and questionable mechanics is bad 'nuff but in spite of fact that he is a very smart kid, he not read defense well in college, and pro game is much faster. see him pick up on 2nd or 3rd receiver? not likely.

he is a good student, watches film diligently and will be prepared every sunday, but his nfl career, if he has one, will be as a back-up and placekick holder.

is a shame that being a smart person not make you a smart qb. if real world smarts translated on football field, brett favre would never have left the state o' mississippi... be nothing more than some quirky regional oddity... a Deliverence type yokel with a particularly live arm.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Obviously you havn't seen the Bears choose QBs over the years :)  :(

LOL! I was thinking along the same lines. But, that doesn't broad well for Krenzel, as it looks like he's in a long line of failed attempts in finding a qb.

But, honestly I don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

as long as jerry angelo is with the bears, there is no chance that krenzel becomes regular starter. fill in 'cause of injury and run the scout team is what krenzel is there for.

david terrell is the guy that bothers us most on the bears roster. every week he is gonna do something that gets himself in papers... good and bad. whether the bears win or lose, there will always be some sorta david terrell "issue." given the fact that the bears already seems to have some discipline issues (just look at the penalties during pre-season and game 1,) we not think that having terrell as a starting receiver will help the team in long run.

offensive line and secondary is where bears has the biggest skill problems, and the injury situations has made those areas even worse, but a rookie head coach can afford to lose games as long as his team seems to be getting better or is moving in a positive direction. penalties is ALWAYS a sign o' bad coaching, and letting a maniac like terrell run loose is yet another sign o' questionable coaching. we think that l. smith can be a good head coach, but right now it looks like he don't have control of the bears. is a bad start.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. grossman didn't play that badly. if the bears TEs would hold onto the ball, and if grossman got a little more protection or the line could generate a consistent running game, grossman woulda' looked great. as it was, he looked ok. made some good reads and some bad reads. he also made some throws that few qbs in the nfl coulda' made. krenzel rides pine unless grossman AND quinn go down... and then there is a tough choice 'tween dinwiddie and krenzel.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As I said, the coaches were letting Krenzel fight for the 2nd string position, how serious that offer was I don't know.

EDIT: but there were questions at that position as late as the 4th preseason game.

I still don't see anything about Krenzel that tells me he can't be a decent QB if he got a job, not from preseason anyways, as I only saw him once in college. Not saying he's the next Johnny U....

We agree on Terrell

The Bears defensive (assuming the secondary, or should I say corners as M. Brown and Co. are solid, step it up) could be swarming tho, and I like the move of Urlacher to weekside LB.

One thing you guys are forgetting is that college football is not a true indicator how people will preform in the NFL. I have not been an avid fan for some time but even I know of the Heisman trophy curse. While it honors you as one of the best players in college football few winners have ever made a huge splash in the NFL.

I said what I did because it just seems Chicago can not get QBs to perform well for the team. Some notable QBs are Jim Harbaugh, and Doug Fluty. While performing at best average with the Bears and sometimes below they went to other teams and proved given the right cicumstances could lead their teams to the playoffs.

The second problem the bears have is a single minded focus on defense. While the old saying defense wins the game may hold true, it is only in a game were your offense can score. As I said I love the Bears but untill things are drastically changed they will never be the calliber of the 86 team again.

The second problem the bears have is a single minded focus on defense.  While the old saying defense wins the game may hold true, it is only in a game were your offense can score.  As I said I love the Bears but untill things are drastically changed they will never be the calliber of the 86 team again.

Well, they did pick up T. Jones.

I really think, as Offense goes, that they want Gage, Grossman, Terrell and Wade to learn for a year together.

For offense and defense this really seems to be a "We'll get em next year" plan. Which is fine, I guess.

"I still don't see anything about Krenzel that tells me he can't be a decent QB if he got a job. Not saying he's the next Johnny U...."

just watch film of krenzel. bad feet. average arm, and worst of all, he not seem to notice where safeties is most of the time.

he gots those "intangibles" that every winning college qb gots, but he not have much skills. look at heisman trophy and nc winning college qbs with intangibles over the past 20 years. we will takes impeccable mechanics, superior arm strength, and ability to read and react to d quickly over intangibles any day of the week.

the d could be good, but even there we gots questions. urlacher would be solid at lb, but he ain't healthy, and briggs is still learning how to play lb. heck, he was used as a fb as much as lb at arizona... but he has talent. odom looks a little confused far too often. and the depth behind those guys is 0. the line has some potential stars, but they is young and they is chronic underachievers. the knock on harris were that he took plays off at oklahoma... and tank johnson took whole games off. the corners is just plain scary.

the really depressing thing is that detroit is probably the worst team (other than the bears,) in the nfc north, and the bears already lost their home game with

the browns beat the ravens in week 1. anything is possible in the nfl.

HA! Good Fun!

The we'll get them next year syndrome seems a lot of Chicago teams have that doesn't it?

The biggest reason some Heisman trophy winners never make it in the NFL is they are over rated. This is some thing that easily happens in college football because of the number of schools vs number of players. In other words the talent is spread around, sometimes very thin. They go from that to the concentration of talent the NFL has. I will name one notable exception to that and that was the second greatest running back I have ever had the privledge to watch and he is Barry Sanders.

As far as Urlacher he is a great linebacker but the boys up front need to start doing something. We have seen in the past what Urlacher is capable of if his line can keep the linemen off him.