Lightsaber "gun"

What do you think of this idea?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• It's really good, you'd make an awesome developer!
    • Well it sounds like you really put a lot of time and effort into this idea, but it won't work, sorry.
    • Yeah right, that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
    • Hey I got a better idea- a lightsaber that can stick up your rear end! Now shut up.

Alright, I did the search feature and didn't find anything about a lightsaber gun. If I miss anything because I didn't check every post in every thread with vague titles, then my bad. It's basically a lightsaber that can fire it's blade over and over again, you just point the lightsaber at an enemy at long range and the blade shoots out like a really really big blaster blast. It does a lot of damage, however, you have to wait for a while for the lightsaber to recharge. That will leave you defenseless from melee and ranged attacks unless you have two lightsabers. Though the other saber will take the -2 double handed penalty as well while you wait for your first saber to recharge.

This option is available for your special lightsaber only if the enemy is far away from you. Otherwise, your character just rushes in and attack with the lightsaber in a melee fight.

Thoughts?

What makes you think that? I just thought up a good idea while I was sleeping last night and decided to post it. Did I ever ridiculed anybody's post because I didn't believe they were serious? I thought we were all mature enough to have an intellectual discussion about this topic which I took the time to write and post.

What makes you think that? I just thought up a good idea while I was sleeping last night and decided to post it. Did I ever ridiculed anybody's post because I didn't believe they were serious? I thought we were all mature enough to have an intellectual discussion about this topic which I took the time to write and post.

Intellectual discussions about intellectual topics! :rolleyes:

Sry man, but it just won't work. We've been working to shoot down bad saber ideas for months now. Gun just isn't that good of an idea...

Intellectual discussions about intellectual topics! :rolleyes:

Sry man, but it just won't work. We've been working to shoot down bad saber ideas for months now. Gun just isn't that good of an idea...

:p:lol::lol:

No offense, but how can you think that a lightsaber gun would provoke "intellectual discussion"? This has seriously got to be the worst idea ever, and the fact that you're serious about it and didn't post it as a joke makes me worried.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well to start with, how about instead of telling me that you think it is a bad idea. why don't you tell me why you think it is a bad idea? Explain all the factors that you think are bad. I just think that it is an innovative new concept to the lightsaber, better than the same old thing each time. A lightsaber and a blaster would be the ultimate weapon.

And you can throw the lightsaber in the air at someone, then the blade comes out in mid-air and kills someone else by surprise. How sweet would that be?

Well for starters, the whole idea of a lightsaber is, as Obi-Wan stated, an elogant weapon, not as clumsy as a blaster.

It's also used for defense. I don't see how you're going to deflect blaster bolts when you're shooting the damn thing at your enemy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well maybe different Jedi have different styles/opinions on different things (this wouldn't be the first).

As for your second, you can 1) carry 2 lightsabers and use the other one to defend or 2) you throw the lightsaber and then fire it to kill ALL threats. After all, the best defense is a good offense.

Well, I personally would like a lightsaber house that i carry around with me and throw at people! I would really like to know if you guys like this idea, as it is an intellectual idea!

If you want to know one reason why we all oppose you, look at the thread titled

Saberwhip (not the recent one).

Next time do a search btw.

Also, though this is less defensible, the idea is simply absurd.

Let's be serious and reasonable here, folks.

What you are suggesting is already in the game.

It's called a Blaster.

But the problem with that is that a jedi does not use a blaster. When have you seen a jedi master operate a blaster? All they need is a lightsaber and whatever modifications they put on their saber. And a lightsaber gun will give them more of an advantage of a range attack.

light sabre blaster ruins the jedi KNIGHTS image of honourable combat blade to blade, though gun battles are sometimes viewed as honourable the traditional sword fight is more commonly thought of as such, a jedi's lightsabre is something togood to be messed up like this. A lightsabre is more for defence as has been said, instead of the offensive light-blaster

on a side note how would the devs feel if they've done something crazy with the lightsabre not that they'd turn it into a blaster I have that much faith in them then they log into these forums and see how we're totally bashing the idea while we're justified in our hatred of a non-sabre lightsabre and there is nearly nil chance of them doing this i'd almost feel sorry for them despite them killing the pure goodness of the sabre