Why are you on these forums?

How did you become a fan of KOTOR?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How did you become a fan of KOTOR?

• I'm magnetically attracted to all things Star Wars.
    • I'm a CRPG addict.
    • I bought KOTOR on a whim, and it made me a CRPG addict.
    • It was on sale, and I needed something to do on weekends.
    • I took advice from a friend. Now we're both obsessed.
    • Other (Specify)

well i had never played an rpg before so this was a great starting game for me lol :) i normaly hate all things star wars (please dont kill me star wars fanboys :D ) jokes aside :) well i heard from friends bioware makes great games all theyre games were great and such , then i started to look into what games they had made and i saw kotor the star wars side kinda made me back off alittle but after seeing it had one alot of awards for game of the year and such i desided to try it :) then i became hooked lol after on i tryed neverwinter nights i so love that game now , i hurryed to buy all expansion packs after completing the orginal campagne lol then i started playing online oh god thats so great :) heh got a little off track there :rolleyes: back to kotor , well after i saw a kotor 2 was in the making i totaly lost it i almost sat and drolled infront of the pc :p after alot of lurking around here :ph34r: i regitered :)

I know we all have a story to tell.  ;)

Mine's actually remarkably boring:

I needed a new game, had a gift certificate

I needed to spend, and KOTOR had the

coolest cover.

Basically, what I'm asking is what originally made you

buy KOTOR: Are you a Star Wars fan, a CRPG fan, or were

you simply attracted to the cover, like me?  ;)

I was asking my friend if eny cool games were out for xbox and he suggested kotor and he was saying how much he wished it was for gamecube or ps2.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I kind of went all obsessive over KOTOR 1 and waited for it for 2 years. It was kind of a central part of my life...now that's sad...

I am a SW fan and an rpger (though it had been console rpgs ff style til then). I got interested in KOTOR enough that it started me pnp rpging actually (i wanted to see the general rules KOTOR was based on). I was almost as obsessive about KOTOR after it came out as I had been while waiting. Really, I was checkign the main page 2-3 times per day. And I was active on the Bio forums from near the beginning.

So, I guess I marked other because it's a mix of many factors, some listed, some not.

i bought kotor because it was the coolest looking thing there....and i was bored..i have been an rpg and star wars addict ever since...

also when you first played the game did you get REALLY stuck on how to fight and stuff? it took me many hours to get past those first vulkars outside the elevator on tairis...and i found it hard to kill all those vulkars in teh base where u find the pass cards.....that was so frustrating.........

I write news for a swedish online gaming site and I got word of Obsidian being formed by a group of talented people defecting from Interplay, so naturally I went here to check out who it was and.. uhm.. for some reason unknown to me, I'm staying.

KotOR doesn't make my top 20 list of RPG's I like and neither does Neverwinter Nights. I did, however, love the Fallouts and Wasteland. It's just that whenever these guys decide to use an existing Bioware engine, the game turns to something I'm bound to not like. I hated the combat in the Infinity engine and it wasn't much better in the Aurora engine. With a little luck, this company will some day create a game that suits my tastes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

When you're isolated in a house in the north of Sweden and your friends are further away than Moscow, you tend to spend alot of time on games and useless internet discussions.

but Im moving this weekend so hopefully, we'll se much less of eachother from then on.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "