What is the best build for beckoner/berserker which uses chillfog to kill vessels ?

I think that beckoner is overkill because too many Chillfogs make the game unplayable. Personally I would pick troubadour because he can summon more often (if needed) and later he can summon a skeleton every 3s and have 10+ chillfogs running all the time without doing anything.

• Like 1

Indeed. I sometimes use the class combination (Berserker/Beckoner) with very high INT and Amra (and a backup Morning Star to cover all types of physical dmg) instead of Grave Calling. Just because using Grave Calling makes the game stutter and sometimes even crash - bc. of too many stacked VFX effects.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I also think berserker/beckoner is better than tactcian/other chanter subclass. I guess berserker can kill skellies quicker than tactcian and you can achieve confusion status more easily.
As Boeroer said, grave calling can kill also your CPU, you can check this with any class in "Gul Trouble Endurance Trial" of SSS ;)

19 hours ago, Darab Masood said:

I think beckoner is superior cause the troubador skellies are too strong. Still have to kill them manually. 

But once you killed one of them (which isn't that hard) the resulting Chillfog, in combo with Confusion, will kill another one, resulting in another Chillfog and so on. Also, the Skeletons from Ancient Brittle Bones are stronger with the Troubadour, that's right - but the skeletons from Many Lives Pass By are similar for Beckoner and Troubadour. And those are the ones that make the build a lot more playable at the higher levels because you don't have to manually summon them and "waste" a good amount of action and recovery time. In the earlier game Beckoner's skeletons are easier to exploit though, that's correct.  

Edited by Boeroer

It is def. safer with Confusion off. But it's quicker to start the avalance of Chillfogs with Confusion on. Best approach imo is to start with Confusion - and when enough Chillfogs got created quickly switch to a weapon setup with a fully leveled Modwyr in order to get rid of the Confusion. That way all the active Chillfogs immediately become foe-only. Of course any other way to remove confusion also works (for example let a Priest cast Prayer for the Spirit or something like that). But switching is the easiest way because it always works (also during recovery or hard disables, even when the game is paused). 

But what about your party members (if there are any)?

Btw.: one usually cannot stack affliction resistances (like with items and abilities). There's only one layer of resistance and the next wouidxbe complete immunity. However, if you sing the chant that gives you resistance to perception afflictions, you can clear a tier 3 affliction like Blindness phrase after phrase: first phrase lowers Blind to Disoriented, the next phrase lowers Disoriented to Distraced and so on. If you already have resistance to perception afflictions from items or abilities it starts with Disoriented->Distracted of course.

Edited by Boeroer