Overuse of the double-bladed saber

I would like to add one thing however....

Bab penalties or not for lack of feats, when I'm a Soldier or a guardian I almost always used a double-bladed weapon and never seemed to have that hard of a time hitting anything, although it was more difficult. At later levels, when combined with good crystals and high attributes, 5 attacks with the dualsaber was devastating.

Also, I would imagine a lot of the abuses of the saberstaff were because in the X-Box version it didn't properly account for two-weapon fighting (if I am not mistaken).

True, it had a bug on the Xbox version.

Also I will not be talking about "BioWare d20 revised, the powegamerr munchkin edition" but the Star Wars d20 system and what feats to take away the penalites are.

Ambidexterity - Requires 15 Dex

Two weapons fighting -

Improved two weapons fighting - requires ambidexterity and two weapons fighting

Now there is a nice table, in it at most you get a -2 penalty with those 3 feats, at worst (no feats) the penalties are -4/-8 and that if you have the lightsaber profience, if you dont they would end up as -8/-12 for the lightstaff, quite diferent from the at worst -4 of a regular lightsaber and that one only requires the feat "Exotic weapon profience: Lightsaber" to overcome that -4.

I am not going to defend BioWare powergaming implementation of the d20 system, only as written in Star Wars d20 you can never hit as well with a lightstaff as you could with a lightsaber and you have to pay the price of high dex and 3 feats to only have a -2 penalty and you simply gain one extra attack.

Of course at high levels that -2 is almost nothing to some classes but really, first its at "high level" and we have to survive to reach then, second you be spending feats to reduce penalties that could be used on other things (such as force feats) and those feats will simply not have much of a impact until BAB starts to offset Defence ("Armor Class" if you like) that would started two levels before if you did not go the dual wield/lightstaff path and third the only classes that can afford such path is the Guardian or the Soldier, the others simply have too low BAB progression and lack to bonus feats to risk it.

drakron.png

I think the argument is "are 3 feats sufficent to give this weapon it's mythic status?"

What else do you need ?!?

And what is this mythic status you are speaking of ?!? It's just a weapon, and not a very effective one against a single opponent, i think some people are giving double bladed sabers FAR too much importance, and all because of Darth Maul.

Using one single-bladed lightsaber - Hard

Using one double-bladed lightsaber - Harder

Using two single-bladed lightsabers - Hardest

Am I right? Let's go from there

BTW, when will we be able to use two double-bladed lightsabers? :p

I think the argument is "are 3 feats sufficent to give this weapon it's mythic status?"

What else do you need ?!?

And what is this mythic status you are speaking of ?!? It's just a weapon, and not a very effective one against a single opponent, i think some people are giving double bladed sabers FAR too much importance, and all because of Darth Maul.

Actually Exar Kun go there first.

The fact is outside of games only 2 very powerful Sith use this weapon.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...