I hope this is not a weird request but I wanted to play an Island Aumaua with an Aristocrat background. The class I want to be is an  Universalist { Druid(Fury)/ Priest(Magran) } Or Itinerant {  Priest(Magran)/ Ranger(Ghostheart) }. Can you guys help me with a build for this SPECIFIC choice? It doesn't have to be Optimal, just fun and viable will do. RTwP mode. I'll prefer a full on build with starting attributes, what skills to pick, what abilities to take on level up, good weapon choices, general tips etc. I want the specific race, background and class for RP purposes so I have no preference for a style of playing( go nuts!). i dont plan to play solo but willing to play with custom characters if required but ofc story companions will be preferred

For a Stat Spread i am thinking

MIG- 18

CON-7 (RAUATAI culture)

Dext- 16

PER- 16

INT-18

RES- 3

For Magran's flavor perspective, I guess you want to pick the fire elementals druid's spells, lie Firebug or Sunbeam. I suggest to you to also choose some elemental and neutral spells, like Calling the World's Maw, Embrace the Earth Talon, and Form of the Demelgan. There is a lot of fire immune enemies in the game, but with a party, and some versality on your character, that is not a big deal! 

Since your stats are saying your magran character is not designed to stay at the frontline, you can easily have two weapon sets, the first to auto-attack at range , and the second (and third?) to boost your magical skills. 

Sun and Moon, later Magran's Favor, increase your fire PL by 2 ; Lord Darryn's Voulge the tempest KW by 3.

Some pets like Otto (sold at Neketaka) increase fire KW by 1, and the Firethrover's gloves give you +1PL to evocation KW. Some of your Magran's spells are tagged as Evocation in the base game (unmodded).

These gloves give you also +1arcana, and invest to this skill can be nice to get some ( fire) spells on top. 

Scion of Flame give you +1pen to fire spells, so +2pen for Firebug and the other druid's fire spells.

I think the Necklace of Fireball (with 8 charges) can be recharged when getting the same item on the first position in the inventory. This item is pretty common. 

do you really want to lean in towards a fire theme? or you just like the flavor of Magran? like Constentin said there's a decent chunk of fire immunes, but with a universalist you can pick up tons of frost/water spells. Not particularly in-theme if you just want to be a fire-nuker-type, but gives you probably maximum versatility (fire immunes tend to have a weakness to frost and frost immunes [there's a DLC full 'em] tend to have a weakness to fire).

i would also pick up Marux Amanth - when soulbound to priest you get a 10% chance to echo priest spells. 10% is not a lot, but is a pretty nice event when it triggers, especially given that Magran gives you some nukes (fan of flames and torrent of flame). dual wield with either sun and moon or magran's favor as constentin suggests.

I am certainly playing for the flavour, I don't really care about being a fire nuker, I don't have a preferred way of playing. So you are suggesting I go with an Universalist? Then should the attribute spread  be different or same as my OP? What classes would you recommend for the Party?

If you go the Universalist path, I would max out MIG and INT, and then focus PER. That will ensure your healing and nukes get +damage .Int will help with everything spell related, and PER will ensure you land nukes, since you want to be more than juts a buff bot.  Dex keep at default or a few less ; you will have recovery times regardless since you will be chain casting buffs/nukes in every battle.  I could be wrong about the DEX thing, but you can look at spell tool tips and notice how much difference DEX makes in when it comes to spell casting , recovery.   RES can be dumped since you are not a frontliner. Rely on defensive spells to compensate for this if you are swarmed.  and I would keep CON low, but not too low so you get squished. 

There is a calculator on the forums (I think MaxQuest) made it which calculates attack speeds . I cannot recall if it mentions casting times. If you play the role of Universalist you would be a buffer first, then CC/nuker, and then heals as needed. The priest spell devotions of the faithful is amazing and quite necessary for getting proper accuracy to land spells. 

I think you can build any type of party around a Universalist, whether you want to be melee focused, AOE casters, and so on. Ranged would be an option too if you get a chanter to provide the reload buff chant (sorry I forgot the name of it, it is around PL 3 for chanter I think) Your buff/heal role will be nicely covered. You might want a pinch healer available too, such as a paladin. Pallegina can serve this role well, and Xoti can, too. Xoti could be a contemplative with a few heal spells or Withdraw on hand. 

On the other hand, the role of a Ranger/Priest would be hard for me to theorycraft. You would buff the party first and then have the ability to do some decent single target range DMG. There are quite a few good ranged weapons  such as

Spoiler

The Red Hand 

which could serve you well for destroying certain enemy types quite well 

So your primarily role is to buff the party. This multiclass would come to life more so late game, in my opinion, esp. once you unlock Devotions of the Faithful. Divine Terror would also be a good opener to a battle if you do not have someone who can Frighten. A range could use Hunter's Claw to stack +20 Accuracy against a chosen race. Then you could use the priest nukes or single target debuffs (Barbs of Condemnaton, others) to do some good single target debuffs, as well as any Priest nukes. The real conflict of this class is that you would switch between casting and attacking; most fights are not so long, so really having one 'role' is usually enough. The DLC has longer fights, where it could be nice to have more versatility. So, the only real synergy I see for this MC buffing accuracy from the ranger side to to a better 'job' as a priest. Ghost heart could be better so your pet can provide the passive accuracy buffs without worrying about the pet constantly dying. I find it hard to get ranger's pets alive, and end up dedicating a few turns of action economy towards buffing or saving the darn pets

11 hours ago, mjo2138 said:

If you go the Universalist path, I would max out MIG and INT, and then focus PER. That will ensure your healing and nukes get +damage .Int will help with everything spell related, and PER will ensure you land nukes, since you want to be more than juts a buff bot.  Dex keep at default or a few less ; you will have recovery times regardless since you will be chain casting buffs/nukes in every battle.  I could be wrong about the DEX thing, but you can look at spell tool tips and notice how much difference DEX makes in when it comes to spell casting , recovery.   RES can be dumped since you are not a frontliner. Rely on defensive spells to compensate for this if you are swarmed.  and I would keep CON low, but not too low so you get squished. 

There is a calculator on the forums (I think MaxQuest) made it which calculates attack speeds . I cannot recall if it mentions casting times. If you play the role of Universalist you would be a buffer first, then CC/nuker, and then heals as needed. The priest spell devotions of the faithful is amazing and quite necessary for getting proper accuracy to land spells. 

I think you can build any type of party around a Universalist, whether you want to be melee focused, AOE casters, and so on. Ranged would be an option too if you get a chanter to provide the reload buff chant (sorry I forgot the name of it, it is around PL 3 for chanter I think) Your buff/heal role will be nicely covered. You might want a pinch healer available too, such as a paladin. Pallegina can serve this role well, and Xoti can, too. Xoti could be a contemplative with a few heal spells or Withdraw on hand. 

On the other hand, the role of a Ranger/Priest would be hard for me to theorycraft. You would buff the party first and then have the ability to do some decent single target range DMG. There are quite a few good ranged weapons  such as

Hide contents

The Red Hand 

which could serve you well for destroying certain enemy types quite well 

So your primarily role is to buff the party. This multiclass would come to life more so late game, in my opinion, esp. once you unlock Devotions of the Faithful. Divine Terror would also be a good opener to a battle if you do not have someone who can Frighten. A range could use Hunter's Claw to stack +20 Accuracy against a chosen race. Then you could use the priest nukes or single target debuffs (Barbs of Condemnaton, others) to do some good single target debuffs, as well as any Priest nukes. The real conflict of this class is that you would switch between casting and attacking; most fights are not so long, so really having one 'role' is usually enough. The DLC has longer fights, where it could be nice to have more versatility. So, the only real synergy I see for this MC buffing accuracy from the ranger side to to a better 'job' as a priest. Ghost heart could be better so your pet can provide the passive accuracy buffs without worrying about the pet constantly dying. I find it hard to get ranger's pets alive, and end up dedicating a few turns of action economy towards buffing or saving the darn pets

Wow this is very informative! Thank you!! I am honestly leaning more towards Universalist too due to RP reasons, I had Ranger/Priest as a distant second.