On my last Soulblade/Trickster run somehow whispers of the endless paths run through become available even if i switch to other weapons. Its a very powerful ability especially for ciphers, does anyone knows how this happens, i may wanna use this with another runs later.

resim_2023-06-19_213326545.png

• Like 1

I think that there is a bug that special abilities from items can sometimes become permanent after saving and reloading. It has never happened to me, but I seem to recall reading about this before. I'd say, though, that you are very lucky to get run through as a permanent ability. It really is a powerful ability that can destroy most foes.

• Like 1

I have also noticed this bug when item effects stick to characters who use them, or even other party member. For example, my Watcher has the passives from Stalker's Patience (that  Legendary spear from Sayuka) even though Eder used it. In other words, I think tricks like that fall into the category of Metagaming , or even exploitation. Depends on your perspective.  In any case, that sounds like a cool bonus!

• Like 2

It probably wouldn't be metagaming or an exploit unless someone figures out how to reliably proc this effect, right? For now, it seems to be a somewhat rare bug, at least in my experience, since I've never noticed it in my runs through the game. I must say though, getting SP's passives would be a really cool and OP effect.

• Like 1