Revan

Will we actually see him?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Will we actually see him?

• Yes, he will make a cameo
    • No, we will only be told what happens to him
    • WTF, why are you bringing this up again?
    • I have no opinion but i'm a looser who likes to vote for the sake of it

As far as him being the end boss, it could work except for if u choose the ls ending from the first game and go ls, you would have no reason to fight him, unless he fall to the DS again but almost everyone seems to be against this.

DS + DS - u fight to become the next Dark Lord of the Sith

DS + LS - u fight to defeat the current Dark Lord of the Sith (Revan)

LS + DS - Revan tries to stop u becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith

Actually I should have put more emphasis on it, but I believe that Revan is coming back as Secret Optional Mega Boss (Just a shot in the dark on my part). You know, a dude who's WAY stronger than the End Boss :ph34r: (kind of like Kangaxx (sp?) from BG2, although with a BadA$$ factor that's several orders of magnitude greater). Someone you can only meet by completing all manner of obscure side quests and having to say-the-right-thing-at-the-right-time-to-the-right-person or you'll blow your chance of ever meeting the dude face-to-face :p . The type of dude you have to go through 75% of the game picking up clues to figure out what dressing he used on his salad and whether he clubbed his sandwich or not for his lunch the other day ;) (maybe not so extreme, but hopefully you get the idea of how difficult this guy should be to track down).

Of course, if they make us jump through those kinds of hoops, meeting Revan better be worth it! :angry: Besides, even if the above is true, Revan will probably toast us for disturbing him (especially after I ask him for his autograph :D ).

That brings up another question, I wonder if Revan actually wants to be found (or even if he does, whether it would be easy or not to do so). I get the feeling he may have been incapacitated or altered in some way by something. In anycase, I get the impression we won't be likely to meet him (or receive closure on his fate, if meeting him is impossible) until near End Game. :)

I would like to see Revan but it is a difficult thing to do, If obsidian has included him/her i hope it is well done.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

She wasnt anywhere NEAR as important as Revan

Nope. But the point remains; one need not be seen to have a major role.

Sauron never once makes an appearance in the Lord of the Rings (ehhh, the books, not the movies.) Yet, who can doubt he dominates the whole series?

Revan can have a major role and never once show up. Easily.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

She wasnt anywhere NEAR as important as Revan

Nope. But the point remains; one need not be seen to have a major role.

Sauron never once makes an appearance in the Lord of the Rings (ehhh, the books, not the movies.) Yet, who can doubt he dominates the whole series?

Revan can have a major role and never once show up. Easily.

I agree, that would be the best solution but it would still be nice to see him.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I'm not too bothered either way just aslong as it is done well.

I know this is an old topic but i just wanted to guage people's thoughts. I personally think that we won't see him but what do u guys think!

I personally hope to see him/her makes an appearance. But I think after the Star Forge, for LS Revan, he/she probably disappeared to the Outer Rim to escape from the Jedi Council manipulations. For the DS Revan, he/she heard of a weapon better than the Star Forge and went with Bastilla and HK to look for it, and left Canderous as an admiral in charge of the Sith Armada. Who then went into hiding when the Sith Lords in Kotor2 begin to seize control of the Sith empire.

Just some wild speculations on my part ;)

Im going to go with majority that we wont see or hear from revan due to the many variables. The only way it could be done is the revaltion clip how you can view it in the movie section and he or she is in the dark robes so maybe revan remembered where he or she left those old clothes and decided to wear them for kotor 2 to make an appearance.

Lets think about the question we're asked, via Rand. Whether Revan is male or female. Based on this answer Obsidian can deal with the biggest problem with an appearance by Revan. Sex. Say I answer female, a female Revan could appear later on in the game, in robes obscuring her face, with a nice neat female voice too.

Personally I don

The only way I would want to see Revan is in the dead bag.

The whole revan legend is the most stupid thing Star Wars has ever seen. Even suncrusher and computer girl weren't so ridiculous as "brainwashed sith lord".

Better to see Whitemithrandir as a guy that runs things in TSL than faceles and genderless all-powerful "revan". Nope.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The whole revan legend is the most stupid thing Star Wars has ever seen. Even suncrusher and computer girl weren't so ridiculous as "brainwashed sith lord".

Better to see Whitemithrandir as a guy that runs things in TSL than faceles and genderless all-powerful "revan". Nope.

Speak for yourself friend, but I think I speak for a few here noticing all the Revan threads, we actually liked Revan.

Speak for yourself friend, but I think I speak for a few here noticing all the Revan threads, we actually liked Revan.

I am one who absolutely loves the story of Revan and Revan as a character. In case u aint noticed, i am one who has posted at least 3 threads speculating about Revan, and his role in KOTOR2.

Of course that I speak for myself, no doubts about that.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

the negative one has spoken :D

well, i think it goes without saying that "revan has a specific fate" implies more than just a small "Uh, no I heard she quit the order and took up moisture farming"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Your new avatar is beatiful that's what I say!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

There are few things as seductive as mysterious women in dark cloaks.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There are few things as seductive as mysterious women in dark cloaks.

Amen

i don't know if someone wrote something like that already (and if they have i'm sorry) but a way back it seemed to be a problem how KOTOR2 should know what you did in KOTOR1. i am sure some of you know BG2 and Throne of Baal. ToB knew what you did in BG2. why couldn't Obsidian have used the same technique in TSL?

yes i know that BG2 and ToB(beeing just an expansion set) are strictly speeking the same game. but where is the difference? obsidian would only have to pic the last save from KOTOR1 and they would know everything, wouldn't they?

That would only be possible if one had KoTOR installed, most people remove games after theyre done with them.

Obsidians system of having an NPC ask you discreet questions in-game is a much better solution.

True, but in that, if u only hav one save that is only either ls or ds, u would hav to play through KOTOR again; (not that i is complaining) some wouldnt want 2.

With the question system, u can get both ls and ds endongs from the original a lot quicker.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

i don't know if someone wrote something like that already (and if they have i'm sorry) but a way back it seemed to be a problem how KOTOR2 should know what you did in KOTOR1. i am sure some of you know BG2 and Throne of Baal. ToB knew what you did in BG2. why couldn't Obsidian have used the same technique in TSL?

yes i know that BG2 and ToB(beeing just an expansion set) are strictly speeking the same game. but where is the difference? obsidian would only have to pic the last save from KOTOR1 and they would know everything, wouldn't they?

I'm not sure how many times it has been said but the devs have said it a few times that the kotor saves are incompatible with kotor2

I'm not sure how many times it has been said but the devs have said it a few times that the kotor saves are incompatible with kotor2

Why are they not compatible?