The red hand can be tricky with it's +damage taken debuff when you unequip it, that's no news.

Then in my current run my Aloth retained all the bonus AR from his unique leather armor. The thing is, I took it off about when I arrive at Neketaka, without adding any enchantments. When I noticed this it's already lv20 and preparing for DLCs, when I upgraded the leather "just in case", without equipping it even once, ofc. From the wording of it I don't think it should work this way.

I even sold it, saved then loaded, the bonuses were still there. I haven't noticed anything else like this, is this some kind of hidden mechanics can be made of good use?

• 1 year later...

Necroing my own post because I'm constantly running into this bug. Last playthrough Aloth had Fleshmender's Regrowing for the whole playthrough, even though he only wore it once pretty early that run.

Posted (edited)

Now my Serafen can also use Thunderous Report without equiping the weapon. I gave the weapon to another member and when using the ability from Serafen, the indicator and actual attack was from the other member.

Edited by yorname

This is really wild - and I never encountered this, despite having played this game for a really long time. So unfortunately I don't have any idea how to fix this. :( 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

the only similar thing i've ever experienced is weapon proficiency modals persisting even though i've switched weapon slots. but they still go away if i completley unequip the item.

@yorname do you have any steps to use to recreate this? because i, too, have never run across this despite looots of gameplay time.

4 hours ago, thelee said:

the only similar thing i've ever experienced is weapon proficiency modals persisting even though i've switched weapon slots. but they still go away if i completley unequip the item.

@yorname do you have any steps to use to recreate this? because i, too, have never run across this despite looots of gameplay time.

None that I know of. This time and a year ago I both newly downloaded from steam before the runs, then added some mods, outside of CP and BPM none of them should change rules and mechanics.

The buffs and abilities can be removed by re-equipping then remove the gears, but how they stuck for the first place is a mystery.

29 minutes ago, yorname said:

This time and a year ago I both newly downloaded from steam before the runs, then added some mods, outside of CP and BPM none of them should change rules and mechanics.

what mods?

never can necessarily rule out a mod having some stray other behavior, though this seems more deeply rooted into the game.

i'd see if you can strip down to just CP/BPM and see if that fixes it.

i run a limited CP (bugfixes only) and a german translation improvement mod, and no issues with this for me.

3 hours ago, thelee said:

what mods?

never can necessarily rule out a mod having some stray other behavior, though this seems more deeply rooted into the game.

i'd see if you can strip down to just CP/BPM and see if that fixes it.

i run a limited CP (bugfixes only) and a german translation improvement mod, and no issues with this for me.

Last time I only have Better Pet Tooltips and No Final Boss Skip. I added more QoL things like Silent Corporate Logos this time, but I doubt those have anything to do with it since last time they weren't there.

I guess I'll have to look closer to find out the exact moments when effects stick in the future

There have been issues with stacking non-stackable buffs when saving/loading a savegame (so some status of the corr. game object is def. altered) and also with items/stolen spells persisting when they shouldn't if you switch the underlying grimoire with the corr. spell. Maybe your persisting weapon effects/abilities have something to do with the quirks that cause those "problems", too.   

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods