About the Final duel and the "Sith Lords"

For the record, he's much more difficult as a Scoundrel/Consular. You have to do a lot of running around to pick him off.

for the record: he's much easier with a "consular"

if you have force breach, you can just disable all trapped jedi. that way, you only have to fight malak once.

as to the rest of you:

yeah, malak was too easy.

yeah, tis a game, not the movies- malak the coward had tactics and lines that suited him

yeah, he seemed to much like an off-the-shelf bad guy.

my 2 pence

There are lots of force powers you can use to free or kill the imprisoned jedi. The best one is drain life so you can use thier life energy yourself!

Malak had to be designed so that he could be defeated by a Sentinal or Consular with poorly chosen force powers, so it was unavoidable that a maxed out Guardian would cut through him like butter.

Given the past history of the developers on this game it is pretty certain there will be a non-combat way to win in Sith Lords. A side effect of this is that the end boss can be tougher as wussy characters won't have to fight.

Sith Lords has a different composer so the music may be better.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

As bad as Episode 1 was, Duel of the Fates was the ultimate duel music.

John Williams will have to dig deep to top that for the Episode 3 duel. I wonder if he'll revisit the music and change it up a bit or do something completely different.

First off the Obi-Wan vs Anakin duel will be 10-12 min in length. That is the longest SW duel ever and probably the longest sword fight on film ever!

The EP3 music won't be just one song like previous SW films but a group of songs, one of them being Duel of the Fates. It won't be the same version you remember though, it would be a darker version. If you watched the TPM DVD Commentary you notice how George Lucas said that he told John Williams to make a good enough song cause he is going to re-use it for the EP3 duel.

Expect the darker Duel of the Fates, expect some form of the Imerial March, some form of Anakin's theme, some form of the Final Fight song (Used in the ROTJ Luke vs Vader duel), and some totally new piece excusively for the duel.

Desann was an epic fight? lol he threw his lightsaber at me. I used forcespeed and chopped his head of before he hit me once :\

And in Kotor. The first time I fought Malak it was way more pumping the the second time yes. The final dual in TSL should be something to remember.

Malak had to be designed so that he could be defeated by a Sentinal or Consular with poorly chosen force powers,

i doubt that this was the case- but if it was... well, then it explains a lot <_<

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

guns1inger

I agree with what you said about making the Lord of the Sith actually worthy of his title UNLIKE Malak, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect the final battle to span over different locations. Given the restrictions of the game engine, the best they could do is have the guy you're fighting run away and you have to chase him like Malak did in the Leviathan in KOTOR, and lets face it, chasing him around felt tedious and unecessary.

--------------------

not really, you could cut out to a clip, e.g. like in TPM when obi is force pushed off the platform, or some thin like that

I'd really like KoToR 2 to flow better... Flowing from fights to conversations/surrenders... I remember fighting Freyyr on Kashyyk and I was just about to give him a damn good whack when suddenly, for no apparent reason, I turned off my saber. Could they not have had an animation where I strike at him, he parries and screams "WAIT" or something? It'd have added so much. The same with Malak... We just stopped fighting to talk for no reason. Talking whilst fighting would have been good.

Coming from that, perhaps there could finally be a reason for the "most used weapon" thing in every RPG I've ever seen... The game detects whether you use blasters or a melee weapon, and the animation for you using blasters has you ducking his swipes, firing, being deflected, scoring a hit on the arm and him being weakened... The animation could be so much better.

[/rant]