Patch 1.0.4 100% Mutations Removal Not Working

The patch notes for 1.0.4 state mutations are not required due to one being impossible to achieve in single player. I am playing 1.0.4.3941 Rel on Steam. I have all mutations (and they are all max rank) except for "Reliable Friend" and my end game report card (99%) hint states that I need to unlock more mutations.

20221025180152_1.jpg

• Like 3

Are you sure that this is not just an oversight by the devs, because this bug hasn't actually been confirmed yet? They might have just forgotten to take the hint out of the endgame scorecard screen. The appearance of the hint doesn't necessarily mean you still need the mutations for completion.

Maxed Molars.PNG

Maxed Mega Molars.PNG

Annoyingly some content in my above post was removed and you can't edit posts yet? So now the screenshots have no context. What I was saying was - Maybe check your molars? Because I found out last night that even with stats maxed out, there are potentially more molars in the world. Maybe you can help me as well, if you know there are even more than just the one extra? I don't really want to go down the molar list and visit EVERY location again to see if I got it, but I might have to!

3 hours ago, Smeegles said:

Annoyingly some content in my above post was removed and you can't edit posts yet? So now the screenshots have no context. What I was saying was - Maybe check your molars? Because I found out last night that even with stats maxed out, there are potentially more molars in the world. Maybe you can help me as well, if you know there are even more than just the one extra? I don't really want to go down the molar list and visit EVERY location again to see if I got it, but I might have to!

3 hours ago, Smeegles said:

There are actually 2 extra after maxing all of your stats. I have been keeping a list of everything in the game and the only things I have left are 10 gold cards which are not needed for 100%, a handful of trinkets and to craft 2 pieces of armor, plus the single multiplayer mutation. Trust me when I say this is still broken. 

Finally managed it after much running around confused and wondering what I could possibly need. I should note that I DO have all mutations unlocked (not maxed though), so if that is still an issue then yes that should be patched ASAP.

Things I didn't know I needed until I found them:

- 2 extra milk molars above skill cap (thanks Kirt!)
- Abomination Totem & Ant Head Totem recipes

I will link the site I used below to check off what I needed - I honestly don't know how you would find some of this stuff from exploring alone.
https://mapgenie.io/grounded/checklist

100PercentScorecard.PNG

• Like 1

It is clear that in the patch 1.0.4, it clearly states that mutations will not be considered as part of 100% completion. I am only missing the multiplayer mutation but I got 99% completion with a hint to unlock more mutations. 

I did send an email to Obsidian support team about this and they acknowledged this is indeed a bug

image.thumb.png.5ad997b24b099d32acb04ccf984ddd45.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iMiAMi2014 said:

Not received 3 gold cards and multiplayer mutation. The rest of the list - received. As a result I get 99% and advice to explore the yard. So you still need all the gold cards, or does the fix for mutations promised in the previous patch not work?

You definitely don't need all gold cards, my 100% completion above does not have many gold cards. I do have all mutations unlocked though. If they acknowledge there is a bug still regarding mutations still being required then I am sure they are working on it. Ideally they should just require all mutations to be unlocked apart from the reviving a fallen friend one.

Thank you to everyone who responded. What confuses me in my situation is the presence of the yard research message instead of a similar one about obtaining mutations. Essentially I either have the wrong message displayed, or I just have a buggy save where the condition received/explored doesn't count in the game when calculating progress. I hope it's the former, but I don't want to use cooperative mode to test it, so I'll wait for a patch that actually removes the mutation requirement.

8 hours ago, iMiAMi2014 said:

Thank you to everyone who responded. What confuses me in my situation is the presence of the yard research message instead of a similar one about obtaining mutations. Essentially I either have the wrong message displayed, or I just have a buggy save where the condition received/explored doesn't count in the game when calculating progress. I hope it's the former, but I don't want to use cooperative mode to test it, so I'll wait for a patch that actually removes the mutation requirement.

Have you found all the recipes? There are 2 called Water-Logged Recipe, Abomination Totem Recipe, Ant Totem Recipe, Frostbitten Recipe and the Spicy Coaltana. Other than that I don’t know what it’s telling you to do when it says “explore the yard”

3 hours ago, OfficiallyKirt said:

Have you found all the recipes?

All the listed recipes were found, both totems even decorate the roof of my house, but only now I noticed that for some reason in Data/Stuff/Recipe Notes I have two absolutely identical Water-Logged Recipes (and one Frostbitten Recipe, total - 3 recipes), maybe this is the whole point?

I think I figured out what could be wrong. Some of the recipes I received before the release of the game, now I ran to check the ant totem, got it again and it was added to the list. Looks like the rest need to be reassembled.

Took both recipes of totems, as a result received the same 99%, but now a recommendation about mutations. It remains to wait a patch on this account...

Edited by iMiAMi2014

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 9:53 PM, iMiAMi2014 said:

It remains to wait a patch on this account...

Immediately after the release of beta 1.1 I decided to check this issue. But since in the patch notes for 1.1 it was written: "Added Data page entries for the Super MIX.Rs and a few other items found in the Upper Yard.", - I looked in the Data section, where appeared 5 new points in the Data/Places for the Upper Grasslands. I visited all 3 Super MIX.R and found 2 new POI.  Then I tried to end the game and look at the statistics - still 99% and again the advice to explore the yard (not about mutations). What broke in the game again?

I'm sorry that you've all had issues with the Report Card not working properly. The issue with mutations not being required was not fully addressed in patch 1.0.4, but it should be fixed in patch 1.1. Please let us know if this still isn't resolved after patch 1.1 becomes available to all players. 

You can also send us a message about any other issues you've experienced in the game as well. 

Obsidian Support

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks!

On 12/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, iMiAMi2014 said:

What broke in the game again?

Everything is considered correct (at least in 1.1.0.3970). I did miss one skeleton with his loot (Compliance Officer). And it seems that (despite the lack of numbers "found/total" in the Data/Ominent/Notes section) all Recon Journals and Snapshots are required for 100% game progress. Reliable Friend for this, as promised earlier, is not required.