Terrible lag and FPS drop (Xbox Series X)

After the last patch (1.0.4.3941) apart from the constant disconnection of other players whilst I'm hosting the lag has made the game unplayable even when playing solo.

My Internet connection is fast and stable and has no trouble with other games far more network intensive.

A little discussion from the Dev's would be appreciated.

Thankyou

it is definitely the black ants near the trash heap.  It had been happening for a few days and i had done some digging through the threads on steam and here.  So i went to the place built a couple huge sets of stairs up to the deck on the house (through the lag) to bypass the haze and get over there.  no aggro bugs there just the worker ants and a couple rolly polys the lag got way worse as i got closer but sure enough after i trashed all their food it was fixed.  i put up a barricade to stop them from doing it and it seems to have worked.  hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

Its so bad for me that I'm almost considering not playing after only 2 days, it spikes with lag probably every 10-20 seconds, with 2, sometime 4 second delays. Moving is painful, fighting is painful and it just completely rips you out of the experience of actually playing a game. 

People elsewhere are saying that its the black ants behind the bin hoarding up to 800 pieces of food causing things to become unstable but when they remove the food everything is back to normal. I'm trying to get a gas mask so I can go look but with the lag I'm experiencing its next to impossible for me to do so...

Frustrated is an understatement.

• Like 1

I can’t even get near the black ant area before my game just freezes. I can’t even get there. That is my next mission too. So it is just unplayable. 

On 10/24/2022 at 11:15 AM, poordecisions said:

it is definitely the black ants near the trash heap.  It had been happening for a few days and i had done some digging through the threads on steam and here.  So i went to the place built a couple huge sets of stairs up to the deck on the house (through the lag) to bypass the haze and get over there.  no aggro bugs there just the worker ants and a couple rolly polys the lag got way worse as i got closer but sure enough after i trashed all their food it was fixed.  i put up a barricade to stop them from doing it and it seems to have worked.  hope this helps.

Hi there, my first post on this forum. I have started Grounded just 3weeks ago on singleplayer. I had no bugs and glitches the first 4~5 hours of gaming. I'm playing on an old one x and the game is looking awesome I love the setting and all the story and build able stuff, like a mini ARK game but way easyer built. Then to come back to topic. Latest 2 weeks I started with my Xbox friends a new world and b4 the latest update on consoles it worked pretty well. Also no glitches and bugs.. Now after the update we stopped playing because the connection feels like been on a bamboocable.. Every 5-10minutes one of us either crash or having issues with the inventory or placing stuffs etc. So I'm totally Grounded atm.. Jep pun intended

Hope there will be a fix on that I really enjoy playing this game with others. 

Excuse my terrible English it's not my mainly used language. 

Mx117

• Like 2

After the last update it has been almost impossible to play both in multiplayer and on the ground, it has crashed at every step, I even cleaned all the backups thinking it could be that, but it continues the same way, stable internet, computer with a clean heavy game board . So it would be great to have some feedback or help on that. Yours sincerely. (I'm using the translator so sorry if something went wrong.)

-Hello

If you are currently have lagging, stuttering, or freezing issues it is probably due to the black ants you will have to go to over to the black ant hill there will be screenshots below for ease of finding the location you will need to pick up all the pieces of food and that should stop the lagging, stuttering, and freezing.

I also recommend checking the other ant hills as there have been reports of hoarding happening there as well. 

image.png

This should be addressed in an upcoming patch, and please feel free to submit a support ticket if you run into any other issues. We also have an Issue Tracker that keeps up to date on the most common community issues. 

Obsidian Support

Thanks, and sorry for the frustration that this issue has caused!

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, cstanick said:

-Hello

If you are currently have lagging, stuttering, or freezing issues it is probably due to the black ants you will have to go to over to the black ant hill there will be screenshots below for ease of finding the location you will need to pick up all the pieces of food and that should stop the lagging, stuttering, and freezing.

I also recommend checking the other ant hills as there have been reports of hoarding happening there as well. 

image.png

This should be addressed in an upcoming patch, and please feel free to submit a support ticket if you run into any other issues. We also have an Issue Tracker that keeps up to date on the most common community issues. 

Obsidian Support

One small problem with this.. I cannot engage in combat with black ants because of the severe lag/stutter, to craft the armor to be ignored and get far enough into the ant hill to clear out the food cache. It's also now causing my game to crash and close. 

19 hours ago, cstanick said:

-Hello

image.png

Obsidian Support

Can confirm this helps! It's tedious but took a lot less time than I thought it would. Thanks for the tip and glad to know the dev team is aware of the issue! Thanks for all your hard work on this great game!

8 hours ago, cstanick said:

The ant issue should now be resolved

"Loading a save will now cleanup ant hills that have too much food stashed in them causing framerate drops."

A very strange solution to the problem, eliminating the consequence, and not its cause. With such a solution, we will definitely face a repetition of the problem after some time. Players will look for a new place of accumulate pieces of food (or something similar), and developers will waste time adding it to the list for cleaning. Wouldn't it be easier (and more reliable) to simply turn on the self-destruction of these items after some time, as is already happening with cut grass, stems, etc.?