As SC Stormspeaker chanter, Tekehu have acces to The Ranga (Avenging Storm), and with some equipments he become the most eloquent chanter.

🗲 Tekehu 🗲

Stats of Tekehu : 12-10-14-10-17-15

The equipment needed :

• Acina's Tricorn (+5acc with ranged attack, work for most of the spells including AS)
  • Footprint's of Ahu Taka (+2dex, +10% healing done)
  • Ring of the Marksman (+4acc to corrupted Beauty)
  • Kuaru's Price (+1per & +1int)
  • Firethrower's Gloves (+2dex )
  • The Giftbearer's Cloth (especially with an imported Sasha's sabre to get 2 Sabres)
  • Torc of the Falcon's Eyes (+2per)
  • Least Unstable Coil

• Blightheart
  • Sasha's Singing Scimitar (Encore & Shocking Prelude(universal lash) ) & The Weyc's Wand
  • Sasha's Singing Scimitar (imported, Refreshing Finale)

• Robes of the Weyc 

In first time, killing an enemy with Blightheart trigger Corrupted Beauty in AoE around Tekehu, that can be prolonged, and because it is not restricted to combat that can be cheesed with Strand of Favor to a permanent effect.

Once Corrupted Beauty is active, empowering The Ranga with the second weapon set cause to Tekehu to have,  when there is at less 1 enemy at melee range (Corrupted Beauty is 1.8m radius), every 3s:

• The Ranga in AoE (corrupted Beauty), then :
  • Brilliant for allies in AoE (Robe of the Weyc)
  • Current recovery skipped (The Weyc's Wand)
  • Refreshed +3PL (The Weyc's Wand)
  • New Chant (Robe of the Weyc) 
  • +7 phrases (Encore)
  • +14% action speed  bonus and universal shock lash (applied to the ranga) (shocking prelude)
  • tier- 3 inspiration(s) refreshed (depending of how many enemy are at range), then :
  • AoE interrupt (corrupted Beauty & the Ranga, Chants, when crit)

and Tekehu Stats are now : 17-15-24-18-23-20 , with +5acc (tricorn) and +4acc (3PL and brilliant) for most of spells and +9acc for Corrupted Beauty.

With Each kill Fed His Fury (+5 to Might, resolve and constitution, stack with the Lesat Unstable Coil inspirations) the stats are : 22-20-24-18-23-25.

That mean every 3s, Tekehu can cast His Heart Did Fill for long fight, or everything else (including The Ranga when his duration is almost over, and the spell is still Empowered). 

Once per combat, switching to the third set (Sasha's Scimitar with Refreshing Finale) for a Corrupted Beauty pulse allow to use Tekehu as Lord of the Storm in any fight.

Boras as Watcher Pet help a lot (+5acc with spells for party).

Immunities provided by Captain's Banquet prevent interrupt and the loosing of PL, ect. Ocean's Song at Tikawara transform The Ranga into Interrupting Attack (at less on graze). 

The potion of Spacial Alacrity work, like Alcina's Tricorn, for most of spells and compensate Dex and Per.

Of course the Weyc's items and the Least unstable Coil are great with a lot of characters (SC Druid or SC Priest on the top of the list for me) but to get 7phrases per 3s for a chanter is really strong.

Edited by Constentin LĂ©vine
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Constentin LĂ©vine said:

Once Corrupted Beauty is active, empowering The Ranga with the second weapon set cause to Tekehu to have,  when there is at less 1 enemy at melee range (Corrupted Beauty is 1.8m radius), every 3s:

• The Ranga in AoE (corrupted Beauty), then :
  • Brilliant for allies in AoE (Robe of the Weyc)
  • Current recovery skipped (The Weyc's Wand)
  • Refreshed +3PL (The Weyc's Wand)
  • New Chant (Robe of the Weyc) 
  • +7 phrases (Encore)
  • +14% action speed  bonus and universal shock lash (applied to the ranga) (shocking prelude)
  • tier- 3 inspiration(s) refreshed (depending of how many enemy are at range), then :
  • AoE interrupt (corrupted Beauty & the Ranga, Chants, when crit)

334316075_madscientist.gif.90a75d3db8e39f4ba22912eff0433c50.gif

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, csjackson said:

Sorry to necro this thread, but what does import mean in the context of the game? A search of the forums didn't turn up anything.

First you export a character who has sasha's singing scimitar (it's under character sheet, export tab). Then in another game you can hire that character as an adventurer at inns, which includes whatever equipment they had I guess. I've never actually imported characters but I understand this is how it works. 

-----

I am curious about this build though. Let me see if I understand this correctly...

• corrupted beauty has pulses every 3 seconds, and it's extendable via draining/SOT/SOF?
  • empowered avenging storm procs all the weyc stuff + least unstable coil every time a bolt hits?
  • corrupted beauty causes avenging storm to proc?
  • avenging storm is also extendable? 

Is this right @Constentin LĂ©vine

And what is the druid trick? I looked through some of your recent posts but didn't see it

Edited by Shai Hulud
  • Like 1

Yes, that's how importing works. It becomes very expensive to hire an exported char as adventurer if there's multiple unique items in the inventory though. Ridiculously expensive. Best to export the char almost naked with only that one unique item you really want/need. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 5/2/2023 at 3:48 AM, Shai Hulud said:

First you export a character who has sasha's singing scimitar (it's under character sheet, export tab). Then in another game you can hire that character as an adventurer at inns, which includes whatever equipment they had I guess. I've never actually imported characters but I understand this is how it works. 

-----

I am curious about this build though. Let me see if I understand this correctly...

• corrupted beauty has pulses every 3 seconds, and it's extendable via draining/SOT/SOF?
  • empowered avenging storm procs all the weyc stuff + least unstable coil every time a bolt hits?
  • corrupted beauty causes avenging storm to proc?
  • avenging storm is also extendable? 

Is this right @Constentin LĂ©vine

And what is the druid trick? I looked through some of your recent posts but didn't see it

This is the druid trick.

I also have been unable to get Corrupted Beauty to proc Avenging Storm.

However, empowered Avenging Storm will trigger The Least Unstable Coil whenever it procs. I assume it will do the same with the Weyc items (I haven't done the DLC).

Also, Godlikes can't wear headgear; I don't know why Acina's Tricorn is a required item here.

10 hours ago, anergyboy said:

This is the druid trick.

I also have been unable to get Corrupted Beauty to proc Avenging Storm.

However, empowered Avenging Storm will trigger The Least Unstable Coil whenever it procs. I assume it will do the same with the Weyc items (I haven't done the DLC).

Also, Godlikes can't wear headgear; I don't know why Acina's Tricorn is a required item here.

Yeah I can't get corrupting beauty to do anything. It shows up on my character sheet but I can't tell that it does anything at all, I don't even see the disoriented status on enemies.

Generally things that proc Least Unstable Coil also proc Robes/Wand/Shield of the Weyc. Acina's Tricorn isn't strictly necessary it just gives a +5 accuracy bonus to ranged attacks which is coded to include spells. There aren't a lot of ways to get +accuracy with spells so that's why it's listed. Blinky also gives +5 accuracy to some spells even though he is listed as "melee". And Milx gives 5% hit to crit if you can't get your accuracy high enough. 

I tried empowering avenging storm scrolls which sadly doesn't work. I guess you have to be a SC druid or SC chanter. A lot of the spells listed here don't actually seem to be empowerable either. Like I can't empower flame shield or minoletta's concussive missiles, or iconic projection, while some others like Zandethus' Draconic Fury only work until you switch grimoires (I think). Had the most success with Storm of Holy Fire, Minoletta's Missile Salvo and Meteor Shower. 

I knew about the Effort thing but not that it was specifically better with druids. In the builds I've tried it doesn't seem to proc that much but I haven't tried it with high accuracy builds like ciphers or rangers. I usually play solo no rest runs so chanter/x is best for these items since you can get back empower points with sasha's singing scimitar.

21 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

I knew about the Effort thing but not that it was specifically better with druids. In the builds I've tried it doesn't seem to proc that much but I haven't tried it with high accuracy builds like ciphers or rangers. I usually play solo no rest runs so chanter/x is best for these items since you can get back empower points with sasha's singing scimitar.

Well, the nice thing about SC druids wielding effort and wearing Least Unstable Coil is casting an empowered Avenging Storm, preferably if you have the Accurate Empower feat, and also wearing Hylea's Talons or the Boltcatchers. Then you can cast greater maelstrom, Plague of Insects, Infestation of Maggots, Relentless Storm, Venombloom, etc. You'd want high PER and some ACC boosts through items and/or SoF shenanigans. That way every time one of your crazy array of pulsing spells crit (and they will crit often) you'll proc hemorrhaging via Effort and possible the DoT or lightning damage from the gloves and Avenging Storm, which will give you a new Tier 3 inspiration every time, and which may very well crit and start the cycle all over again. When playing against anything other than mega bosses you'll rapidly destroy your enemies in a crazy swirl of pulsing, lightning infused death. If you play a Fury druid with Far Casting, you can just absolutely decimate enemies from very long range with GM, and since they'll be hobbled by Effort they won't even get close to you before perishing. A SC druid with these items achieves god mode as soon as you hit level 16, by which point you could get all the needed items quite easily.

Edited by dgray62
Correcting autocorrect

5 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Well, the nice thing about SC druids wielding effort and wearing Least Unstable is casting an empowered Avenging Storm, preferably if you have the Accurate Empower feat, and also wearing Hylea's Talons or the Boltcatchers. Then you can cast greater maelstrom, Plague of Insects, Infestation of Maggots, Relentless Storm, Venombloom, etc. You'd want high PER and some ACC boosts through items and/or SoF shenanigans. That way every time one of your crazy array of pulsing spells crit (and they will crit often) you'll proc hemorrhaging via Effort and possible the DoT or lightning damage from the gloves and Avenging Storm, which will give you a new Tier 3 inspiration every time, and which may very well crit and start the cycle all over again. When playing against anything other than mega bosses you'll rapidly destroy your enemies in a crazy swirl of pulsing, lightning infused death. If you play a Fury druid with Far Casting, you can just absolutely decimate enemies from very long range with GM, and since they'll be hobbled by Effort they won't even get close to you before perishing. A SC druid with these items achieves god mode as soon as you hit level 16, by which point you could get all the needed items quite easily.

What happens with hylea's talons? Whenever the bleed effect happens it summons a bolt? Or each tick of the bleed effect?

The avenging storm isn't extendable though with a SC druid (assuming no party)...does it last long enough to kill megabosses? Assuming I can proc blade cascade and extend with SOF. 

So the benefit of empowering avenging storm vs casting it from a scroll is just to constantly proc LUC and weyc items right? LUC procs don't really matter if they happen more than once, for classes that extend them (besides resisting afflictions I guess). As for the weyc procs...let's see. Muse of Mystery and Mirrored Empower on Robes are pretty good but they can also be extended. For the wand, Wael's Sight would be extremely good to proc every 3 seconds since it has 100% miss to graze. But that's wizard. Attuned Channel +3 PL also good but also extendable. Only thing that isn't is the "Follower of the Obscured" that refreshes recovery. But if I've procced blade cascade it's already gone. So why is a Fury better than using scrolls? I assume anything that crits will proc the storm bolts with effort. And there are other builds that can cast much faster. Oh I guess brilliant on pulse gives slightly more resources because you get +1 whenever brilliant procs, but I assume it just extends the effect rather than refreshing it...

Tried testing on Fury and Effort is pretty bonkers. The craziest thing about it and avenging storm is that crits from avenging storm also proc hemorhhaging which chains avenging storm so one proc often gets like 5 or 6 bolts. Also conduit is crazy with this, if you walk into a great maelstrom or crit yourself with a chain lightning scroll outside of combat you can triple your damage output. 

My druid had accuracy around 143 with the avenging storm bolts so he crit enough to cause big chains. Tried with a cipher because lots of .5s casts but you don't get as many chains. Even with 25 effective arcana the accuracy for scroll of avenging storm was just 103. With a potion of ascension + borrowed instinct I got the accuracy to 129 which isn't bad, especially since there are cheap spells that proc a lot like antipathetic field, and eyestrike has a large AOE blind debuff with shared nightmare. Most cipher debuffs reduce will though, or fortutude, but the hobbling effect from Effort also debuffs reflex for a total of 20 so you still crit quite a lot, almost as much as with the actual spell. Fighting 1v1 you could smack things with a flail and switch back to effort and get huge chains. 

Some more testing. Mental Binding is hugely effective since paralyze both reduces reflex by 10 and causes 25% hit to crit. 

Edited by Shai Hulud
  • Like 1

What happens is all crits proc hemorraging, which, being a weapon effect, procs the HT's DoT and Avenging Storm, and anything with an attack roll that crits starts the series all over again. I don't believe that the ticks of HT's DoT proc this, but foes can get multiple stacks of it. As you've noted, it's a really crazy combo, even more with conduit!

I wouldn't recommend a SC druid for solo, unless you have a reliable source of brilliant. You don't really need SoT or WoD if you have brilliant, since if you cast an empowered AS, if you recast it before the spell expires it will continue to be empowered. However, if you play with a mod allowing a higher level cap, a fury/bloodmage or fury/cipher MC would be absolutely devastating solo.

Have you tried Effort with a Soul Blade? I wonder is the damage procced by Effort builds focus or gives you stacks of concentration. It would be great if it did!

Edited by dgray62
additional information
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dgray62 said:

I wouldn't recommend a SC druid for solo, unless you have a reliable source of brilliant. You don't really need SoT or WoD if you have brilliant, since if you cast an empowered AS, if you recast it before the spell expires it will continue to be empowered. However, if you play with a mod allowing a higher level cap, a fury/bloodmage or fury/cipher MC would be absolutely devastating solo.

Wait what? So I could keep casting avenging storm every 40s or whatever and it would stay empowered indefinitely? This is because new casts add duration on the old cast and keep the empowered effect I suppose? Would this work on other sources of empowered like zandethus' draconic fury?

I think SC druid can easily do solo at least if you're willing to use strand of favor. If not, then it's slightly harder, but you'd still just have to avoid combat until you get LUC and Effort and hit L16. You can get effort and L16 without combat, but LUC requires some arena fights. Still, not that many, and you can pick the easier fights and do those repeatedly so I think it is doable. Weyc items (robe and wand) can also be gained without fighting, if one wanted to grab those before getting LUC. 

Yes a max level fury/cipher, fury/wizard, or fury/chanter would be insane. Fury/bloodmage can't empower unfortunately, but you could extend the avenging storm so it would still be good, and would be better before getting those items. Fury/cipher would probably be the most damaging since you get the high accuracy avenging storm spell plus borrowed instinct plus .5s huge AOE casts.

13 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Have you tried Effort with a Soul Blade? I wonder is the damage procced by Effort builds focus or gives you stacks of concentration. It would be great if it did!

I have. The Effort stuff doesn't build focus/concentration, not sure why.

Beguiler seems like the best cipher for this because they get back (at L20) 14 to 18 focus (depending on whether you have + power level stuff) per deception cast. First you max your focus so AOEs benefit from shared nightmare for like +200% AOE (on top of INT), then you can just spam mental binding and phantom foes, losing only 2 to 6 focus per cast, every 20th cast or so attack something to top off focus, repeat. Psion is really good too because there's no spell restriction, you start stealthed and build up focus, then alternate antipathetic field with mind blades. Antipathetic field pulses per second and mind blades hits 9+ enemies. These spells are all .5 second casts, and it doesn't really matter if the spell base damage is low because as long as you keep up borrowed instinct your avenging storm scrolls will crit a ton transforming all these low level spells into an endless stream of lightning bolts. And even if mind blade base damage is low you can cast so many of them in such a small amount of time it adds up.

Not an infinite amount of avenging storm scrolls, but palm slats are plentiful, velune pretty common, and primal wind pretty common, so you can probably craft/buy/find enough for all the major fights at least. 

Fighting spirit also +7 accuracy applies, so builds that can fight low like a death godlike wizard with a potion of final stand add a lot of damage to the avenging storm scrolls, +15% from fighting spirit, +25% from potion of final stand, and whatever damage bonus you get from the bonus power levels, the avenging storm bolts can do 30 to 40 damage and often chain. Can also proc all the LUC stuff with meteor shower or minoletta's missile salvo, or even minoletta's concussive missiles, though the last one requires you hit 6 enemies which is kind of tough. Zandethus' Draconic Fury also works and is extendable but I think the renewing effect goes away on changing grimoires. Also works with flame shield but flame shield requires to be hit AND take damage, doesn't seem to work if your health is low and you have a prevent death effect. Takes too long to get all the inspirations, so casting shower/salvo, extending, and being immune to intellect seems the best route.

Ciphers and wizards though can't get the +10 accurate empower, and the scroll has less accuracy than the spell to begin with. You can get pretty close to druid accuracy though with a cipher, probably surpass it with a seer. Main problem with druid is the good casts tend to be long. I can cast like 10 phantom foes in the time it takes for one great maelstrom. The maelstrom does damage over time so maybe it's worth it, IDK. When using effort the weyc's wand empowers don't refresh, but the robe does. Mirrored Empower being up permanently makes you basically immune to spells targeting you, so that's fairly valuable, although it isn't hard for wizards to keep up arcane reflection either. 

wizard/ bellower is also pretty really good though I haven't tried it with effort. But even without, you can easily proc LUC all 6 inspirations in every fight but dorudugan and neriscyrlas maybe, maintain the +6 power level from bellower, and spam her tears for like 800 damage. I wonder if each "ray" of her tears and the cluster explosions would proc avenging storm. I'm guessing...yes. skaen/bellower is probably better since you don't have problems when it's just one enemy, but skaen offensive spells aren't as good so you wouldn't proc avenging storm quite as much. 

Wall of draining doesn't seem to proc avenging storm

-------

Just had a thought, do crits from effort / avenging storm gain phrases for skald? 

EDIT: It does not :(

Still I cleared the tactical ogres encounter in about five seconds. Troubadour/psion would be quite powerful as a caster with Effort. You start empowering her revenge with wand/scimitar/robe, which triggers muse of mystery and hopefully all 6 LUC inspirations. So you generate 1 phrase per 2 seconds from brisk recitation + muse of mystery, and brilliant gives a phrase per 6s, so combined you have 4 phrases every 3 seconds, cast avenging storm then alternate her revenge, antipathetic field and ghost blades. Or just use bellower so you don't get the +1 cost on inspirations and start with Her Tears, you'd still get 1 phrase per second. 

The chants thick grew their tongues and dragon thrashed become ridiculously good since their crits can proc avenging storm which often chains, which with energized + intuitive gives you a lot of passive interrupts, meanwhile you're generating both focus and phrases and both sides have cheap, powerful .5s casts. For skald they are extremely cheap, her revenge / the thunder / at the sound of his voice all cost 2 phrases 

Too bad you can't play stormspeaker. I mean I know you can with mods / console, I think this stormspeaker build is just crazy broken. Don't even need to rest unlike the druid, and have lots of .5s casts for chanter. Loss of summons isn't that bad because I think you'd clear most fights in about 5 to 10 seconds. 

EDIT 2: Installed a mod and tested stormspeaker. It would be crazy good in parties but you can either use effort or you can get phrases back quickly with sasha's singing scimitar. Using Effort you spend a lot of time waiting for phrases, at least if you've procced scordeo's edge. Can't spam spells like psion/skald. Her Revenge is god tier with The Ranga + Effort though. I get how the corrupting beauty thing works now also

• Killing an enemy with Blightheart gives Corrupting Beauty passive, which pulses every 3s to try to disorient nearby enemies. If you kill an enemy towards end of a combat you can extend it with strand of favor. Otherwise you can extend with Salvation of Time or Wall of Draining. 
  • With Corrupting Beauty procced, cast empowered The Ranga while wearing weyc items and coil and sasha's singing scimitar with encore
  • Corrupting Beauty pulse rolls vs will at nearby enemies ever 3s. IF IT HITS, The Ranga procs a bolt
  • Every time The Ranga is procced, the scimitar + weyc items + coil reapply their "on empower" effects, if you have the wand equipped
  • So your phrase count is refilled, muse of mystery is reapplied, omnipotence is reapplied, Follower of the Obscured clears your recovery, and attuned channel is reapplied. Least Unstable Coil is also reapplied, the number depending how many enemies are nearby and hit.

Constentin already stated all this but I wasn't quite following because Corrupted Beauty seems bugged, like it doesn't actually apply disoriented to things as far as I can tell, though I only tested for like 20 minutes, and it doesn't really make sense for it to proc avenging storm bolts, not being a melee attack, but it does. It also makes a gunshot sound whenever it pulses, which also seems buggy.

Edited by Shai Hulud
*mind blades not ghost blades
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

Thanks for checking on this! It makes that they wouldn't build focus or phrases. Which mod lets you play as a Stormspeaker?

It's called POE2 Deadfire Tweaks, a mod with a lot of stuff but I only downloaded the "subclass unlocked" part linked below. Should work for all companion subclasses but I only confirmed stormspeaker

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/72?tab=files&file_id=1731

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 1:31 AM, Shai Hulud said:

Just had a thought, do crits from effort / avenging storm gain phrases for skald? 

EDIT: It does not :(

Still I cleared the tactical ogres encounter in about five seconds. Troubadour/psion would be quite powerful as a caster with Effort. You start empowering her revenge with wand/scimitar/robe, which triggers muse of mystery and hopefully all 6 LUC inspirations. So you generate 1 phrase per 2 seconds from brisk recitation + muse of mystery, and brilliant gives a phrase per 6s, so combined you have 4 phrases every 3 seconds, cast avenging storm then alternate her revenge, antipathetic field and ghost blades. Or just use bellower so you don't get the +1 cost on inspirations and start with Her Tears, you'd still get 1 phrase per second. 

The chants thick grew their tongues and dragon thrashed become ridiculously good since their crits can proc avenging storm which often chains, which with energized + intuitive gives you a lot of passive interrupts, meanwhile you're generating both focus and phrases and both sides have cheap, powerful .5s casts. For skald they are extremely cheap, her revenge / the thunder / at the sound of his voice all cost 2 phrases 

Too bad you can't play stormspeaker. I mean I know you can with mods / console, I think this stormspeaker build is just crazy broken. Don't even need to rest unlike the druid, and have lots of .5s casts for chanter. Loss of summons isn't that bad because I think you'd clear most fights in about 5 to 10 seconds. 

EDIT 2: Installed a mod and tested stormspeaker. It would be crazy good in parties but you can either use effort or you can get phrases back quickly with sasha's singing scimitar. Using Effort you spend a lot of time waiting for phrases, at least if you've procced scordeo's edge. Can't spam spells like psion/skald. Her Revenge is god tier with The Ranga + Effort though. I get how the corrupting beauty thing works now also

• Killing an enemy with Blightheart gives Corrupting Beauty passive, which pulses every 3s to try to disorient nearby enemies. If you kill an enemy towards end of a combat you can extend it with strand of favor. Otherwise you can extend with Salvation of Time or Wall of Draining. 
  • With Corrupting Beauty procced, cast empowered The Ranga while wearing weyc items and coil and sasha's singing scimitar with encore
  • Corrupting Beauty pulse rolls vs will at nearby enemies ever 3s. IF IT HITS, The Ranga procs a bolt
  • Every time The Ranga is procced, the scimitar + weyc items + coil reapply their "on empower" effects, if you have the wand equipped
  • So your phrase count is refilled, muse of mystery is reapplied, omnipotence is reapplied, Follower of the Obscured clears your recovery, and attuned channel is reapplied. Least Unstable Coil is also reapplied, the number depending how many enemies are nearby and hit.

Constentin already stated all this but I wasn't quite following because Corrupted Beauty seems bugged, like it doesn't actually apply disoriented to things as far as I can tell, though I only tested for like 20 minutes, and it doesn't really make sense for it to proc avenging storm bolts, not being a melee attack, but it does. It also makes a gunshot sound whenever it pulses, which also seems buggy.

Can you post a .gif? I couldn’t get Corrupted Beauty to do anything even when I had 600 turns of it and I don’t want to spawn Rotghasts and brick achievements for myself. Also, why does The Dragon Thrashed and Thick Grew Their Tongues work? Doesn’t Avenging Storm/The Ranga only work with weapon attacks?

10 hours ago, anergyboy said:

Can you post a .gif? I couldn’t get Corrupted Beauty to do anything even when I had 600 turns of it and I don’t want to spawn Rotghasts and brick achievements for myself. Also, why does The Dragon Thrashed and Thick Grew Their Tongues work? Doesn’t Avenging Storm/The Ranga only work with weapon attacks?

Dragon Thrashed and Thick Grew Their Tongues only proc The Ranga (or avenging storm scrolls / spell) if you have Effort equipped with Hemorrhaging enchant, which I didn't show in this video. Because if you have Effort equipped you don't get the weyc's wand or scimitar procs (refilling phrases and cancelling recovery). You can use Effort and switch weapons to refill phrases. But mostly you have to choose between Effort cheese or super fast phrase refills. 

Whenever you hear the gunshot and see that green glow, if there's an enemy nearby Corrupting Beauty rolls vs will, and if it hits it procs one or more avenging storm bolts. You can see this clearly at e.g. 2:16 where the guys behind me get hit by the corrupting beauty pulse, which procs storm bolts and refills my chanter phrases (also adds duration to LUC inspirations but you can't see this).

-------

you said 600 turns? Are you playing turn-based? I have no idea if these items work the same in turn-based.

Edited by Shai Hulud
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

Because if you have Effort equipped you don't get the weyc's wand or scimitar procs (refilling phrases and cancelling recovery). You can use Effort and switch weapons to refill phrases. But mostly you have to choose between Effort cheese or super fast phrase refills. 

There is a way to have both, if you're really into cheese. There's a nexus mod, TT2 Unique Items Enhanced, that adds a bunch of unique items to the inventory of the Wild Mare Inn in Neketaka, Queen's Berth. Some are of dubious value, like a Hand and Eye of Vecna, straight from D&D. One of them is the dagger "Skaen's Kiss," which has the lacerating/hemorrhaging properties, like Effort. So, if you install this mod, you can dual wield Sasha's in one hand and the dagger in the other, and get both crazy effects every time a spell or chant crits.

Edited by dgray62
typo correction

18 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

Dragon Thrashed and Thick Grew Their Tongues only proc The Ranga (or avenging storm scrolls / spell) if you have Effort equipped with Hemorrhaging enchant, which I didn't show in this video. Because if you have Effort equipped you don't get the weyc's wand or scimitar procs (refilling phrases and cancelling recovery). You can use Effort and switch weapons to refill phrases. But mostly you have to choose between Effort cheese or super fast phrase refills. 

Whenever you hear the gunshot and see that green glow, if there's an enemy nearby Corrupting Beauty rolls vs will, and if it hits it procs one or more avenging storm bolts. You can see this clearly at e.g. 2:16 where the guys behind me get hit by the corrupting beauty pulse, which procs storm bolts and refills my chanter phrases (also adds duration to LUC inspirations but you can't see this).

-------

you said 600 turns? Are you playing turn-based? I have no idea if these items work the same in turn-based.

Yeah I play TB, which might be the wall I’m running into.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. What I was missing is that Corrupting Beauty won't hit enemies unless you're standing inside them.

Edited by anergyboy

9 hours ago, anergyboy said:

Yeah I play TB, which might be the wall I’m running into.

EDIT: Finally got it to work. What I was missing is that Corrupting Beauty won't hit enemies unless you're standing inside them.

I tested some in turn based. You don't have to be "inside" them but they have to be within the aura's radius which is like 1.8m I think. You hear a gunshot if corrupting beauty pulses, then if it hits someone, it procs all the items. Have to hit multiple ones to proc multiple inspirations. 

Also, Eld Nary's Curse in turn-based is INSANE. I mean you get 16 bounces in RTWP but it takes like 15 seconds for that to happen. For all those bounces to happen in one round is crazy good.