S4 - Standalone Seeker Slayer Survivor mod! (Beta/Feedback thread)

On 10/10/2022 at 10:56 PM, Elric Galad said:

- I didn't check if Consumables can be sold indefinitely. They should. Or at least in big enough quantity.

Agreed. One of the few small last things left is moving the non-unique accessories from the store lootlists to a StoreAddRegenerationList script so that they'll replenish. I'll do the same with consumables.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:56 PM, Elric Galad said:

- Missing the Quality enchant by gold only upgrades. But don't remove the possibility to upgrade them with Mythic Adra and SSS quest items (which enable Legendary Quality upgrade)
- Ingredients should not be sold for clarification. Ingredients that you get during battles should be mostly for selling. You should advertise it in the description of the mod.

Still deciding whether to put it as optional or not... If I'm putting it as optional I'll let it override Neale's store with a version without the ingredients. If it's baked into the main package I'll remove the ingredients there.

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

Question out of sheer laziness to check in game : have you also added Kith food for my future Corpse Eater ?

Yep!

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

One of the few small last things left is moving the non-unique accessories from the store lootlists to a StoreAddRegenerationList script so that they'll replenish.

I thought about this one too but dismissed asking it as it somewhat encouraged going for unique equipment 🙂 

So OK for Ring of all defenses x10 🙂

• Thanks 1

I initially only added one of every common accessory because they have a max stack of 1 and would bloat the stores if I exceeded that. But it would be unfair if items like Ring of Overseeing that are plentiful in the base campaign would only have a single copy in S4, so making them replenish is justifiable imo.

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

So OK for Ring of all defenses x10 🙂

My true agenda is enabling the 5x Necklace of Fireballs party comp 🔥

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1

Just played through the S4 mod today and have to say it was so good. The mod trims all the annoying **** out of the game like sailing around to buy all your items, uncharting the map, going between quest givers and just gives interesting battles for a more expedited experience. It's a great bite sized experience to try out classes, subclasses and items in. Super sick mod, only thing that'd make it better is if there was like custom arena battles afterwards. I suppose that'd be a bit different from maybe the design intent, nonetheleless banger mod!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, patronkus said:

Just played through the S4 mod today and have to say it was so good. The mod trims all the annoying **** out of the game like sailing around to buy all your items, uncharting the map, going between quest givers and just gives interesting battles for a more expedited experience. It's a great bite sized experience to try out classes, subclasses and items in. Super sick mod, only thing that'd make it better is if there was like custom arena battles afterwards. I suppose that'd be a bit different from maybe the design intent, nonetheleless banger mod!

Yeah, kind of transform a CRPG into a tactical battle simulator 🙂 

That being said, after the nth replay, the quest & travel part can sometimes be skipped without too much remorse 🙂  

5 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Yeah, kind of transform a CRPG into a tactical battle simulator 🙂 

That being said, after the nth replay, the quest & travel part can sometimes be skipped without too much remorse 🙂  

Agree, this is why I enable the console and just teleport to where I need to be to save time, not gaining anything new or diminishing the experience by sailing through deadfire for the 100th time.

To the point of custom battles etc you can achieve a similar effect by just spawning desired foes with the console although it's a bit tedious. I think something really fun for the community would be putting together are own SSS style trial. Users could create and submit battles which could be spawned inside of the Crucible and fought through. The community could vote on their favourite and create a top 10 or top 5 which players can play through and test their mettle with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, patronkus said:

Agree, this is why I enable the console and just teleport to where I need to be to save time, not gaining anything new or diminishing the experience by sailing through deadfire for the 100th time.

To the point of custom battles etc you can achieve a similar effect by just spawning desired foes with the console although it's a bit tedious. I think something really fun for the community would be putting together are own SSS style trial. Users could create and submit battles which could be spawned inside of the Crucible and fought through. The community could vote on their favourite and create a top 10 or top 5 which players can play through and test their mettle with. 

Well, I have no idea if creating custom battles is easy to do with mods.

Maybe Noqn knows.

It would be a great opportunity to be able to create custom battles that would become available at some point during SSS. I think it could stay independant mod but would synergize well with S4.

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Well, I have no idea if creating custom battles is easy to do with mods.

Maybe Noqn knows.

It would be a great opportunity to be able to create custom battles that would become available at some point during SSS. I think it could stay independant mod but would synergize well with S4.

I am not a modder by any means but a rudementary way of doing this would just be spawning every enemy manually with the console. Definitely a tedious and undesirable process but maybe some type of executable txt with the SpawnPrefabAtMouse commands could work?

2 hours ago, patronkus said:

I am not a modder by any means but a rudementary way of doing this would just be spawning every enemy manually with the console. Definitely a tedious and undesirable process but maybe some type of executable txt with the SpawnPrefabAtMouse commands could work?

I was not a modder either before starting BPM 🙂 

Most of moddable elements from PoE2 are basically text files. Yes, it's programming but with a good guide, it is easy enough to copy/paste stuff and change a couple of numbers.

Having a standardized text file with generic command that you can complete with the "name of the creature" (from already known prefab list) AND coordinates (where stuff spawn on the ring) would be easy enough for many low-skilled modder to use. 

"Netx Level" would including adding Tomohai speech, reward items, etc... Might not be complex, and not even critical.

It won't ever be a convivial UI, but I can imagine the technical part of the encounter design not to take more than 10-20mn to generate from a default file, once you have done it a couple of time. 

The real question is to understand if the green part is feasible.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Currently having issues with my PC at the moment, on top of being very rusty at Deadfire. So I can't offer anything in the way of play feedback, beyond just reiterating how slick this mod is!

One thing I did wonder, is do you intend to give the Effigy's Resentment and/or Gift from the Machine buffs to players who would get them from their PoE1 Save/Selected Legacy?

On 9/27/2022 at 12:08 PM, Noqn said:

Yeah pretty much, it would be a cool feature but it's not a requirement. If someone has ideas for new blessings I'd be happy to test them, but I won't put work into it otherwise.

Agreed, definitely in the category of something that would be nice to have in this mod, but not required. Otherwise locking the non-functional blessing definitely communicates the point best.

I think Start at Level 4 is the simplest to tweak. Probably just one more level (17), might be best?

Otherwise I have just these 2 ideas:

Reimplementing the +1 Power Level Blessing. I dunno might be a bit to strong.

A blessing that add some single use consumable items (maybe as a reward for completing encounters for the first time or as limited stock from one of the merchants) that grant some of the permanent effects that are missing from the base game to the user. This granting some extra elements of customisation to the player character and adventurers?

On 10/1/2022 at 1:18 PM, Noqn said:

There's an achievement that's granted when you've found all artefacts, should I trigger this in S4 and/or the standalone Artefact Hunt Skip mod after finding the available ones?

It does give 1 Berath's Blessings point and some people care a lot about achievements, so it would probably be a good idea to put it in Artefact Hunt Skip at least. But I'm uncertain about S4.

I think since other SSS achievements are unlocked when playing this mod excluding would be a little odd. I dunno I'm sure there are some who would prefer not to be granted an achievement without doing the work for it.

But end of the day it is only 1 blessing point. 🤷‍♂️

On 10/19/2022 at 12:37 PM, Elric Galad said:

Most of moddable elements from PoE2 are basically text files. Yes, it's programming but with a good guide, it is easy enough to copy/paste stuff and change a couple of numbers.

Having a standardized text file with generic command that you can complete with the "name of the creature" (from already known prefab list) AND coordinates (where stuff spawn on the ring) would be easy enough for many low-skilled modder to use. 

"Netx Level" would including adding Tomohai speech, reward items, etc... Might not be complex, and not even critical.

It won't ever be a convivial UI, but I can imagine the technical part of the encounter design not to take more than 10-20mn to generate from a default file, once you have done it a couple of time. 

There is the "exec" console command that allows you to write a number of commands into a txt file that can be executed.

As for a more modding focus of custom arena encounters, I'm sure @Noqn would know more, but as I understand it the enemy composition of arena encounters in SSS are baked into one of the assetbundles. Which might mean custom arena encounters aren't something can be done without modding that file. I dunno for sure though as messing with world encounters isn't something I have tried before. 

A custom conversation featuring Faces of the Hunt should be possible.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 10:07 PM, Elric Galad said:

I was not a modder either before starting BPM 🙂 

So I decided to give this a whirl and have found that the green part is feasible (though I am uncertain of the degree). I have attached a txt called "dummy.txt" which when executed spawns 10 dummy creatures (the Rotghasts). I will be exploring other creature spawn commands but this should be compatible with most things. What I am unaware of how to do is to determine the placement of the creatures relative. I imagine there would be some displacement command, i.e you could spawn it (+x, +y) distance from the mouse and produce spawn configurations that aren't a giant cluster of monsters. The txt goes into the following pathway, F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\data\batchfiles and when in the game type "exec dummy.txt" into the console. This is extremely rudamentary but proves the foundation of a type of community oriented encounter design could be accomplished.

EDIT: I tested this with another encounter, I wanted to have it where you battled all the Dragons in the game at the same time but couldn't find Neriscyrlas spawn command. I replaced her with 3 Steelspine Warriors instead. This encounter highlights an issue with this format in that some enemies like the Sea Dragon can have mechanics that don't work outside of their area. The Sea Dragons huge Crush Nova is defended by the wards in the location you battle it in, those wards are not present on the Crucible ring so the Dragon can deal extreme Crush damage to your whole party for free basically. However, I still think this is a promising idea, call it Double Dragon if you will, a throwback to Llengrath's battle. Still unsure of how to fix the placement of the spawns but when you engage the enemies they will force themselves apart so it is still functional.

EDIT 2: Experimenting with the SpawnPrefabAtPoint command has shown that you can place the enemies in seperate, pre plotted locations. The command requires an X Y Z coordinate input which without more knowledge into the games distance coordination I can't say much more on. What I can say for certain is using coordinates like in the range of (15-30, 1, 5-35) will place foes on the ring succesfully. I would need to try out more coordinates to see what works and where they will end up to be sure. Also I believe the Y coordinate should just stay at 1, it seemed increasing it past this made no change and is probably a function for maps with more verticality than the Crucible Ring.

EDIT 3: See the Builds and Strategies forum for a more complete thread about this "mode".

dummy.txt

dragons.txt

Edited by patronkus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, everything is implemented and working now! I'll finalize and publish the page on nexus tomorrow 🥳

On 10/21/2022 at 1:43 AM, Kvellen said:

One thing I did wonder, is do you intend to give the Effigy's Resentment and/or Gift from the Machine buffs to players who would get them from their PoE1 Save/Selected Legacy?

Ah I hadn't considered those, they are added now. Thanks!

I think since other SSS achievements are unlocked when playing this mod excluding would be a little odd. I dunno I'm sure there are some who would prefer not to be granted an achievement without doing the work for it.

But end of the day it is only 1 blessing point. 🤷‍♂️

I've decided to exclude it from S4 but include it in the hunt skip mod. So if the player wants the achievement in S4 they can just enable both.

Agreed, definitely in the category of something that would be nice to have in this mod, but not required. Otherwise locking the non-functional blessing definitely communicates the point best.

I think Start at Level 4 is the simplest to tweak. Probably just one more level (17), might be best?

Otherwise I have just these 2 ideas:

Reimplementing the +1 Power Level Blessing. I dunno might be a bit to strong.

A blessing that add some single use consumable items (maybe as a reward for completing encounters for the first time or as limited stock from one of the merchants) that grant some of the permanent effects that are missing from the base game to the user. This granting some extra elements of customisation to the player character and adventurers?

I love all of these ideas, perfect to include in the next version.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Noqn said:

Sorry for the delay, it's up now: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/639/  🥳 Massive thanks to everyone here!

Btw @Elric Galad you're right about the gold-only recipes, I merged them into the main package and kept that as the only download 🙂

How surprising, right when I'm in holidays with no access to the game...

On 7/24/2022 at 12:15 AM, Noqn said:

Me calculating when Elric will be at his most busiest and releasing the mod at that exact date:

51c.gif

Joke apart, Congratulations! 

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Haha 1

So, since the mod has been released for a few days and no one has pointed any major issues, I think it could be nice to advertise for it on a couple of places, such as Steam Forum and Reddit.

I can do it for you if you want, unless you don't want of course.

Quite minor issue : Unless I'm mistaken, I can't find Kith Meat to buy (but Forbidden Pie and Corpse Loaf can be bought). Granted this is only a true issue with BPM since all 3 Kith food have quite different effects (and not just better version of Kith Meat). 

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, Elric Galad said:

So, since the mod has been released for a few days and no one has pointed any major issues, I think it could be nice to advertise for it on a couple of places, such as Steam Forum and Reddit.

I can do it for you if you want

I'd greatly appreciate that, thanks!

On 11/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, Elric Galad said:

Quite minor issue : Unless I'm mistaken, I can't find Kith Meat to buy (but Forbidden Pie and Corpse Loaf can be bought). Granted this is only a true issue with BPM since all 3 Kith food have quite different effects (and not just better version of Kith Meat). 

I added all food marked as prepared meals iirc, I'll include Kith Meat as well in the next patch.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Noqn said:

I'd greatly appreciate that, thanks!

OK, I will do it within a couple of weeks (let's not be too ambitious 🙂 )

54 minutes ago, Noqn said:

I added all food marked as prepared meals iirc, I'll include Kith Meat as well in the next patch.

You should probably add all basic food (such as egg and pork) if you haven't. For the sake of completeness.

But honnestly, it isn't a big issue. SSS rooms are also quite decent.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

You should probably add all basic food (such as egg and pork) if you haven't. For the sake of completeness.

They're pretty negligible and I fear inventory bloat, so I'd rather not add them.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Belated thanks for this mod! It's really nice to play around with different builds in an arena mode when usually I'd take NPC companions along when playing Deadfire proper. Wrapped up a playthrough of S4 earlier this year, now I'm using it to try out a 5 wizard party.

• Like 4